IGNORED

Highlights, lowlights, you decide...

cityexile

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well a game of 2 halves if ever we've seen one . Wasn't much of an appeal from the players for the pen . Keeper was unlucky. 2 free headers .poor 

I can be guilty of looking at it through rose tinted specs of course, but I cannot see that Golbourne has even made a challenge to be fair.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I can be guilty of looking at it through rose tinted specs of course, but I cannot see that Golbourne has even made a challenge to be fair.

Had that been at the other end with us 3-2 down it would not have been given.

4 minutes ago, PortisheadIsRed said:

Saves a click. 'I've seen them not given'

'Penalty'.gif

Ince is a to$$er, always scores against us, how the hell did he manage to fall on his belly, in gymnastics they call it a half twist, cheating git, shocking marking for the goals again, ince and Bent with free headers with no-one within 5 yards

Watching that seems to me he puts his foot on top of the ball his momentum carries him past the ball he then tries to turn quick and ends up on his belly. As Golborne is tight to him it looks like he tripped him. No pen for me. Cheating shit more like.

2 minutes ago, Star of a gunner said:

hes tripped over the ball

3 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

Watching that seems to me he puts his foot on top of the ball his momentum carries him past the ball he then tries to turn quick and ends up on his belly. As Golborne is tight to him it looks like he tripped him. No pen for me. Cheating shit more like.

My thoughts exactly

Never a pen from that clip; Golbourne braces himself for a block challenge, Ince halts the ball, then the cheating scrote chucks himself over, looking for the ref as soon as he lands.

To have missed out on two more points thanks to that bollocks is maddening; weak officiating, and feel for Golbourne who had done nothing wrong there.

21 minutes ago, samo II said:

Never a pen from that clip; Golbourne braces himself for a block challenge, Ince halts the ball, then the cheating scrote chucks himself over, looking for the ref as soon as he lands.

To have missed out on two more points thanks to that bollocks is maddening; weak officiating, and feel for Golbourne who had done nothing wrong there.

Agree to a point - not a pen in my book, blatant dive.

But that isn't the only reason we have missed out on a point...two defensive errors cost us more. Two free headers for the first two goals with Flint losing his man for the first. He is 6ft 5 for christ's sake, he should be doing better in those situations and making that type of ball 'his'.

If we hadn't conceded the first two and given them the momentum then I don't think they would have been in the situation to cheat and get the penalty.

Interesting that all 3 balls came from their right / our left...wonder if we'll see Magnusson at left back for Leeds?

1 minute ago, WestonRobin said:

Agree to a point - not a pen in my book, blatant dive.

But that isn't the only reason we have missed out on a point...two defensive errors cost us more. Two free headers for the irfirst two goals with Flint losing his man for the first. He is 6ft 5 for christ's sake, he should be doing better in those situations and making that type of ball 'his'.

If we hadn't conceded the first two and given them the momentum then I don't think they would have been in the situation to cheat and get the penalty.

Interesting that all 3 balls came from their right / our left...wonder if we'll see Magnusson at left back for Leeds?

I know what you mean, and even without that they might have got another, but it is far more gutting to know that even with our naiveté and negative mindset in the last 40 mins, we've lost because someone cheated.

Not talking about every else you mention; I'm saying if Ince wasn't a cheating **** we might be a step closer to safety tonight.  And I'm not blaming his choice to be a cheating **** on our defence.  

45 minutes ago, smokey live said:

Way too easy for Derby to cross the ball from our left. Also is it wrong to start questioning Aden Flint?

We have conceded so many goals from the left side where a cross seems to have evaded everyone. Really needs sorting from stopping he cross but if we can't do that someone needs to sort how we defend it when it comes across.

As every match has passed recently I've found myself questioning whether a lot of blame can be apportioned to Flint. He has made a lot of errors recently and throughout the season whether they be obvious or less obvious i.e. poor positioning, hoofing a clearance straight to the opposition etc. He talks a good game and appears to try to organise the defence but I wonder whether one of our other defenders that were either celebrating their birthday or playing for Bury should be taking his place for a while. I can't question his passion or commitment but it feels like (to me) that he's undroppable. 

I'd be interested to see if anyone else has started to feel the same way.

Archived