IGNORED

Positives and Negatives

Charlie BCFC

After the Wolves vs Newcastle result just now, a positive has to be the look of the league; ignoring the loss of a three goal lead (yes; that sounds stupid, and I'm not excusing it but...) we we're one of the only teams to get anything in the bottom half today.

It's not just tight above us but below us, and the every point counts just now.

I've made my position on LJ clear on here, but with the fact he's clearly going nowhere soon, I'm just focused on us staying up, and a point today was no bad thing towards that aim, based on results today.

IMG_3044.PNG

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

Positives- none, we lost a 3 goal lead.

How is it "positives none" that in the first half we totally outplayed a team on the edge of the playoffs, at a ground where we had lost 7 times in 8 visits, and scored 3. We were so dominant that they made 2 changes after half an hour. Final result a disappointment but we lost there 4-0 last year. Nothing positive there???

2 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

How is it "positives none" that in the first half we totally outplayed a team on the edge of the playoffs, at a ground where we had lost 7 times in 8 visits, and scored 3. We were so dominant that they made 2 changes after half an hour. Final result a disappointment but we lost there 4-0 last year. Nothing positive there???

19 minutes ago, samo II said:

After the Wolves vs Newcastle result just now, a positive has to be the look of the league; ignoring the loss of a three goal lead (yes; that sounds stupid, and I'm not excusing it but...) we we're one of the only teams to get anything in the bottom half today.

It's not just tight above us but below us, and the every point counts just now.

I've made my position on LJ clear on here, but with the fact he's clearly going nowhere soon, I'm just focused on us staying up, and a point today was no bad thing towards that aim, based on results today.

IMG_3044.PNG

Agree with both of these

Back from Derby. first half we were superb in all respects. Second half we completely forgot how to play and froze.... having said that both Bryan and Taylor should have scored...All in all a good point.... yes we were in a commanding position but Derby are a good side. The positives:

1. At times Taylor and Abraham were unplayable. Cotterill was superb. 

2. They did us 5 nil last year...much improved from the lads.

The negs

1. Brownhill ran out of legs and should have been taken off.

2. Bryan switched off for the second goal.

3. could not understand why Taylor was taken off ... Johnson got his subs wrong.

All in all a good point and onto Leeds. 

Always strange situations these types of games and opinions differ a lot after them.

Personally, if I was a Bristol City fan, I would've snapped your hand off for a point before that game today. However, when you're fighting at the bottom, when you get into a position like that being 3-0 up, you simply have to hold on to it in order to get out of trouble and move up the league table. Losing a 3-0 lead like that isn't acceptable and shows there's not enough fight/steel or game nous/management within your squad.

I think you'll survive purely because there's probably 3-4 worse teams than you, but conceding lots of late goals and not seeing out games is never a good sign and reflects badly on the manager IMO.

1 minute ago, pnefcok said:

Always strange situations these types of games and opinions differ a lot after them.

Personally, if I was a Bristol City fan, I would've snapped your hand off for a point before that game today. However, when you're fighting at the bottom, when you get into a position like that being 3-0 up, you simply have to hold on to it in order to get out of trouble and move up the league table. Losing a 3-0 lead like that isn't acceptable and shows there's not enough fight/steel or game nous/management within your squad.

I think you'll survive purely because there's probably 3-4 worse teams than you, but conceding lots of late goals and not seeing out games is never a good sign and reflects badly on the manager IMO.

You must be buzzing off those three points today

1 minute ago, Flint says No said:

You must be buzzing off those three points today

Yeah good result against a bogey team of ours. We hadn't picked up a single point under Grayson in 6 attempts against Brentford prior to today, including a 5-0 thrashing at Griffin Park earlier this season, so nice to finally get one over on them.

We've drawn too many games in recent weeks which have made any sort of chance to make the play-offs very difficult now but as a team we are progressing/developing nicely.

2 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Positives 

1. We got a very important point.

2. Tammy now joint second top scorer in the league with 18 league goals 

3. Now unbeaten in three

4. LJ made the right decision starting two strikers 

5. Looks like we made some good business in January

Negatives 

1. Need to stop losing leads would've had O'Neil on the bench and brought him on when Bent scored.

2. Substitutions were odd.

3. Not related to the match but people on this forum needs to stop being negative. Who would've taken a point before today? Exactly. So be happy with a point and stop being spoilt.

I was fuming (FUMING) at the final whistle but you know what? I've stepped back and looked at our situation now and it ain't as bad as it could be. Unbeaten in 3, fantastic looking signings and a team that are just starting to gel now. I'm feeling more positive than I was at 5pm but still gutted that we couldn't hold on for the 3 points. Something needs to be said to the fans in regards to Hordur though. Really strange situation and it needs clearing up because we could've really done with him in the last 20-30. But, yeah, feeling a lot better now than before and a hell of a lot better than a few weeks ago. Still think LJ isn't the right man but he's here and there's nothing I can do about it. For the first time I am now starting to think that we will be safe.

2 hours ago, winterbournered said:

Positives.. It's one more point than most people thought we'd get from this 4 game run and unbeaten in 3.

Negatives.. Should've been 3! 

Agree, the doom and gloom bunch predicted zero points from the 4 away games so I guess they need to wind their necks in. Don't be surprised if we don't get something from Leeds and Villa but Newcastle may be a game too far!

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I simply cannot believe that people keep saying that it's a positive that we got a point. 

Theyre all the same people that reference the fact we only lost by one I bet. 

And I simply cannot believe that anyone who watched that first half can say that there were no positives at all today.

3 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

I was fuming (FUMING) at the final whistle but you know what? I've stepped back and looked at our situation now and it ain't as bad as it could be. Unbeaten in 3, fantastic looking signings and a team that are just starting to gel now. I'm feeling more positive than I was at 5pm but still gutted that we couldn't hold on for the 3 points. Something needs to be said to the fans in regards to Hordur though. Really strange situation and it needs clearing up because we could've really done with him in the last 20-30. But, yeah, feeling a lot better now than before and a hell of a lot better than a few weeks ago. Still think LJ isn't the right man but he's here and there's nothing I can do about it. For the first time I am now starting to think that we will be safe.

I agree and thought that GON should've been on the bench to shore things up and his knows what's happening with Hordur (best defender this season for us)

5 hours ago, samo II said:

I'm certainly not one of the ones you mention, but I do think it is a positive we got a point, not because it involved us throwing away a three goal lead, but because none of the rest of bottom six won.

Clearly, I'm gutted and concerned we cannot win games when three goals clear after 50 mins, but even with that in mind, glad we got something not nothing.

It's not 'great' or 'tremendous' or 'brilliant', and carries with it concerns, but in the context of other team's results, a point gain wasn't a negative.

ever thought of becoming a politician a job in local government beckons methinks!

22 minutes ago, pillred said:

being able to put a positive spin on yesterdays result, when apart from getting a point there was really nothing else

The purpose of the thread was to talk about positives and negatives; my point was we picked up a draw when only two other teams in you bottom nine managed the same, and none of them won.

Regardless of context, that is a positive when you're trying to get out of a relegation scrap.  

I also acknowledged it didn't make up for losing a three goal lead, which is a definite negative, but thay also doesn't stop us having another point on the board a being good.

TBH if you think me talking straight about something like this is 'spin' worthy of a jibe about being in politics, I don't know what to say.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

The purpose of the thread was to talk about positives and negatives; my point was we picked up a draw when only two other teams in you bottom nine managed the same, and none of them won.

Regardless of context, that is a positive when you're trying to get out of a relegation scrap.  

I also acknowledged it didn't make up for losing a three goal lead, which is a definite negative, but thay also doesn't stop us having another point on the board a being good.

TBH if you think me talking straight about something like this is 'spin' worthy of a jibe about being in politics, I don't know what to say.

having  reread your post maybe I was a little harsh just personally couldn't see much to be positive about, yes results went our way but 1 point was to me a huge disappointment  

29 minutes ago, pillred said:

having  reread your post maybe I was a little harsh just personally couldn't see much to be positive about, yes results went our way but 1 point was to me a huge disappointment  

No doubt; it's just a very faint silver lining - had the likes of Wigan, Blackburn, Burton etc won it would have meant nothing.

Archived