IGNORED

The sign of a good manager.

Portland Bill

Totally agree,  but can you imagine if that was LJ? All the knobs on here would be moaning saying,  uh well why did he get it so wrong in the first place moan moan, and OK he got it right eventually moan moan,  but it was an uphill battle moan moan.  So good post Bill,  and I like the Point your making...... At least your not a knob eh? 

18 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Steve McLaren watches his side get ripped to pieces for 45 mins, then is good enough tactically to change formations and gain his side a point in the second half. 

Credit where it's due.

Fair comment but......it could be said that McClaren seriously underestimated City before the game. He selected a team missing 3 or 4 top players thinking that we would be and easy win but got it utterly wrong.

Derby fans were saying that he's done the same before........

He did change it before half time because he realised he'd messed up. It the second half they were far better.

Let's all remember Lee is a very young man and learning his trade. Steve has made loads of mistakes in his past jobs. Lee is not going to be sacked this season. Get behind him and hope we stay in this lg. And have a good look at the football side of the club in the summer. We are only 4 pts behind villa who has a big  name manager.

4 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Let's all remember Lee is a very young man and learning his trade. Steve has made loads of mistakes in his past jobs. Lee is not going to be sacked this season. Get behind him and hope we stay in this lg. And have a good look at the football side of the club in the summer. We are only 4 pts behind villa who has a big  name manager.

Should be learning his trade elsewhere in the lower leagues. The city job has come 5 uears too early. Crazy appointment.

16 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Totally agree,  but can you imagine if that was LJ? All the knobs on here would be moaning saying,  uh well why did he get it so wrong in the first place moan moan, and OK he got it right eventually moan moan,  but it was an uphill battle moan moan.  So good post Bill,  and I like the Point your making...... At least your not a knob eh? 

Me a knob! I can be! 

I would say that tactically and psychologically it's harder when your 3-0 down at halftime and being totally outplayed. 

I give LJ credit for finally sending a team out with width and taking Tammy out of isolation. Something many on this forum have wanted him to do since August. He obviously fooled not only us, but also Steve McClaren by doing this. Which is another answer to all of us who have said we have been totally predictable in how we have played since August.

22 minutes ago, Redrobbin said:

Thing is we should have anticipated the half time reaction a little better. Simple as that really. 

Of course we would've anticipated their reaction, but actually knowing the way Derby would attack the second half, and being able to stop it happening are two very different things.

Derby under-estimated us in the first half.  They had their massive wake-up call, and addressed things in the 2nd half.  They are a very good Championship team and will be disappointed not to have beaten us today.  So we should be appreciative of the draw.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Of course we would've anticipated their reaction, but actually knowing the way Derby would attack the second half, and being able to stop it happening are two very different things.

Derby under-estimated us in the first half.  They had their massive wake-up call, and addressed things in the 2nd half.  They are a very good Championship team and will be disappointed not to have beaten us today.  So we should be appreciative of the draw.

I disagree, any manager in the Championship should be able to tactically set up a team to protect a 3 goal lead. That's why they are paid massive amounts of money, that is why they are employed in the first place. It's a coaching scenario, how do you tactically protect a lead. That's 3 times in the last couple of months it's happened to us, it's not a coincidence.

Archived