IGNORED

Left back, in the changing room

where's the joy

can we please stop berating Mark Little. he's our second choice right back and tries his hardest.

its the left back spot which is causing us the problems by comparison. poor Scott Golbourne is so far out of his ability level its sad.

he has no pace, no positional sense, no engine, no pass and is constantly left floundering up field after a poor touch loses possession and he crabs his way back

look at the goals conceded v Derby, all came from our left flank.

its not right to keep picking him as he has no confidence either. even Tomlin would like sprightly there and thats probably the only position he is going to get back into our team at.

44 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

can we please stop berating Mark Little. he's our second choice right back and tries his hardest.

its the left back spot which is causing us the problems by comparison. poor Scott Golbourne is so far out of his ability level its sad.

he has no pace, no positional sense, no engine, no pass and is constantly left floundering up field after a poor touch loses possession and he crabs his way back

its not right to keep picking him as he has no confidence either. even Tomlin would like sprightly there and thats probably the only position he is going to get back into our team at.

Agreed. Don't rate Golbourne at all, complete waste of money.

46 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

Wasn't there yesterday, but he does seem to be having a poor spell at the mo', from games I have seen and reviews from others

I thought he had been very steady most of the season, but of late his form appears to have dipped.

He is good enough at this level.  He might not be the best marauding left back in the division, but he is capable.  He's having a dip like so many if our players have had at various points this season.

My view is that him and Bailey Wright arent a good pairing.  That's the only thing I can think.  Whether it's the right footedness of Wright meaning their positions and angles are different I don't know.  But I think Hordur played better with Golbourne than he did with Bryan so maybe Golbourne doesn't play well with Wright.  That is why I'm championing Hordur's recall at LB.  Funny game this!

I don't rate Golbourne or Little and would have shed no tears if they had both moved on in the transfer window. Matthews has been a waste of space and to be honest I would not have kept him on after last season anyway. We should have got someone else in the summer. Hordour can't get into the team. What a mess. 

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don't rate Golbourne or Little and would have shed no tears if they had both moved on in the transfer window. Matthews has been a waste of space and to be honest I would not have kept him on after last season anyway. We should have got someone else in the summer. Hordour can't get into the team. What a mess. 

I think both will be on their way.  I really rate (a fit) Matthews.

I think we'll know our priorities in the window.

RB

LB

Gk - although I'd really like to see Lucic establish himself with Max O'Leary starting to push him.  The Daniel Johnson goal has tarnished a lot of people's view of him.

Re RB, the Burnley lad seems to be on our radar, and we then need to see if Vyner is cover or there is someone else coming through.  Don't think we want to be getting two new RBs in, it will under,one one of them, one way or the other.

LB - like Bidwell at QPR (formerly Brentford).

Trying your hardest is not a sufficient reason to rate a player. If I played for City I would try my hardest, but still be crap. It's perfectly reasonable to say Little plays poorly, if he does. The fact that he tries is irrelevant 

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Trying your hardest is not a sufficient reason to rate a player. If I played for City I would try my hardest, but still be crap. It's perfectly reasonable to say Little plays poorly, if he does. The fact that he tries is irrelevant 

Totally agree, although there are plenty on here who will never ever think Little has a good game, when he has one.  There are some players where the opposite applies.

2 hours ago, where's the joy said:

Who the hell would want to play left back for the City at the moment?

You either get Joe no one ever blames me Bryan playing in front of you or a totally out of position and bone idol Tomlin.

Joe Bryan makes me chuckle someone once told him he was good and he was going to the premiership and since that point he has been consistently our worst player week in week out. His crossing is pathetic and the missed opportunity to square the ball yesterday was bordering on criminal.

Tomln  Got stuck out to left mid because the manager felt he had to pick him otherwise the fans would moan then he would bugger off and play everywhere else but.

Carry on taking the easy route in blaming Scott if it makes you feel better but you may want to pause for a moment and look at what's ahead of him.

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

But he hasn't played poorly and he still gets stick. Opponents just don't get past him. Anya only had an impact once he swapped wings.

I liked Scott last season and he was a big part of us staying up. Tbf to him I don't think he knows if  he's coming or going . He gets dropped and taken off regularly in games. Agree he is poor at the moment . Little is even worse. Do we have no other proper left back or right back in the club ....u23 players?  

11 minutes ago, shelts said:

I liked Scott last season and he was a big part of us staying up. Tbf to him I don't think he knows if  he's coming or going . He gets dropped and taken off regularly in games. Agree he is poor at the moment . Little is even worse. Do we have no other proper left back or right back in the club ....u23 players?  

Have to agree that selection inconsistency hasn't helped Scott.  Plus he is often hauled off during the substitutions even when he has been playing well. That wouldn't do much for anyone's confidence. 

All that said he has made some significant mistakes in the last month & I would like to see Magnusson tried at left back. Otherwise we could go through the same situation as we did under Millen when we had an international age-group player in that position (Danny Rose), not playing him in that position, but still saying we had no options!!

If Magnusson is good enough for Iceland, he should be good enough for us. Or am I missing something?

whitehead was a great success at left back when moved from left wing.

milner is doing a great job for liverpool there now but was never an obvious fit

we need some inspired selection to find our whitehead, could be tomlin, could be magnusson, could be korey smith

years ago david nish played left back for england and was a natural right footed player

Archived