IGNORED

Max O'Leary

Port Said Red

I hadn't seen this posted anywhere else but I thought I would take a look at the Bath City match report to see if McCoulsky had played a part in their 4-0 win. I couldn't see any reference to him, but discovered that Max sparked the game into life with a Penalty save, his 2nd successive one. 

"Penalty save sparks late surge from City (11/2/17)

City maintained their unbeaten start to 2017 with a 4-0 win over Truro City at Twerton Park this afternoon. However, the game turned on a 75th minute penalty save by City keeper Max O'Leary to deny the Cornish side a deserved equaliser. Five minutes later Billy Murphy's deflected shot made it 2-0 before a quickfire double from Andy Watkins gave the final scoreline a flattering look. With snow swirling around a bitterly cold Twerton Park neither side could muster much in the way of quality during the first half although City had looked the more threatening, Watkins diverting their best chance the wrong side of the post from Nick McCootie's cross on 22 minutes. The deadlock was finally broken on 33 minutes when Pugh was adjudged to have handled Frankie's Artus cross and Axel Andresson drove home the penalty kick. The game became more open after the interval with both sides looking more dangerous going forward and a strong spell of possession for the visitors appeared to have earned them an equaliser with 15 minutes left. Truro sub Thompson dispossessed Andresson right on the touchline and was the felled by the defender but then saw his penalty saved by O'Leary. City took full advantage of the loan keeper's second successive spot-kick save five minutes later when Murphy's 20-yard effort took a slight deflection to leave Rice wrong-footed in the White Tigers goal. The floodgates opened after this as a great one-two by McCootie and Watkins saw the latter net against his former club. Then in stoppage time he moved into double figures for the season, running on to Artus' crossfield pass before firing the ball into the net."

Good for him.

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I hadn't seen this posted anywhere else but I thought I would take a look at the Bath City match report to see if McCoulsky had played a part in their 4-0 win. I couldn't see any reference to him, but discovered that Max sparked the game into life with a Penalty save, his 2nd successive one. 

He started the game and was subbed in injury time

Capture.PNG

• Admin
1 hour ago, samo II said:

Any one know how Lucic is playing (if he is playing)?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Hasn't played...are they on a winter break?

They had a friendly tonight beat odds ballklub (genuine name) 2-1, no idea if he played

They had been playing in an Atlantic cup tournament since their league finished in December but were knocked out last Monday 

On 14/02/2017 at 09:00, newarkred said:

Can see him leaving in the summer. 

On 13/02/2017 at 20:26, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Max will be our first choice next season - no doubt about it. And before you say, first choice in the c'ship....

Max won't be number one but he definitely won't be our first choice keeper.

Archived