IGNORED

Trowbridge Weatherspoons

22A

I saw the it on the local news and smiled to myself. 40 odd years ago mass brawls happened most Friday nights in Devizes market square between the local skinheads and squadies from the local barracks.

Very rarely saw a copper. The MPs would eventually show up and the squaddies would run for it.

2 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Avoid Trowbridge at all costs. I saw the video, nothing surprises me from that town. Seems at some point in the past, some sort of toxic chemical went airborne over the town. Makes Swindon look like Bath.

A bloody horrible place, my hometown. Thing is, it could be a decent place but the people that live here are full of *******, absolute embarassments. I'd imagine a lot of them are pretty boys thinking they are hard after 1 pint.

Couldn't pay me enough to go out in Trowbridge on a night out.

36 minutes ago, winsleyred said:

True i stick to Bradford

On-Avon?

It's a strange town, literally in the middle of nowhere. Seems as if someone forgot to tell the rest of Wiltshire, and North Somerset that's it there. It's actually quite a nice place I believe.

Rob Newman was from there I believe!

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

On-Avon?

It's a strange town, literally in the middle of nowhere. Seems as if someone forgot to tell the rest of Wiltshire, and North Somerset that's it there. It's actually quite a nice place I believe.

Rob Newman was from there I believe!

Very nice town well worth a visit plenty of old buildings and an award winning tea room,  Rob Newman was indeed born here

3 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

A bloody horrible place, my hometown. Thing is, it could be a decent place but the people that live here are full of *******, absolute embarassments. I'd imagine a lot of them are pretty boys thinking they are hard after 1 pint.

Couldn't pay me enough to go out in Trowbridge on a night out.

I used to go to college there, 30 years ago. Funny old place.

I could be really harsh, and say it reminds me of Cinderford.

4 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Probably full of swindon/gas heads in trowbridge as well.

Finding a city fan is a rare find around here nowadays

Still a few of us kicking around. From Devizes meself. There were quite a few Swindon shirts around when they got to the Prem, but they quickly vanished.

Violence in a provincial town centre in the early hours is hardly downtown Aleppo. I suspect you'd be safer in places like Trowbridge than a lot of towns up country, like.

9 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I used to go to college there, 30 years ago. Funny old place.

I could be really harsh, and say it reminds me of Cinderford.

If I recall the college is on quite a big housing estate?

It's not just Trowbridge that's the problem nowadays. As others have picked out, the likes of Devizes have their riff raff also. Most towns in North Wiltshire have gone right down hill now, ranging from the likes of Trowbridge, Devizes, Chippenham, Calne, Frome etc. 

It's probably only Bradford-On-Avon which still has credibiity 

23 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

If I recall the college is on quite a big housing estate?

It's not just Trowbridge that's the problem nowadays. As others have picked out, the likes of Devizes have their riff raff also. Most towns in North Wiltshire have gone right down hill now, ranging from the likes of Trowbridge, Devizes, Chippenham, Calne, Frome etc. 

It's probably only Bradford-On-Avon which still has credibiity 

It was on a biggish (council?) estate. I seem to remember that it was quite near Trowbridge Town's ground?

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 15:51, 22A said:

In the early hours of Sunday morning a mass brawl broke out at this establishment. At one stage over 100 men & women were seen throwing punches atone another.

1; what was it about and

2; any of you the cause of it?

shite food again

Thinking Trowbridge (for me what comes to mind) ..

Trowbridge Tech College .... 1970's  .... & Trowbridge train station (BTM return trips for college) ... until passed driving test then commute in my first car (a £40 Austin A40 then a £100 Triumph Herald ahh memories.. A40 was Red.. Herald naturally was Red & White :) ) 

Very familiar from young age with Bowyers of Trowbridge pies and sausages... long gone but not forgotten.

Avon rubber tyre factory (still going?)

Wadsworth brewery

Cow & Gate baby foods etc head office

That's about it for Trowbridge for me...

Oh and of course now 2017 famous/infamous for Wetherspoon Wild West style bar brawls... :shocking: 

What does Trowbridge mean to you (if anything) ?

5 hours ago, Super said:

Being out in the sticks has that effect on people.

Are you saying taking it out on each other in Weatherspoons is getting than venting your frustration on the local wildlife, like they do in South Wales?

I suppose you might have a point.

:whistle:

tfj

On 2/16/2017 at 01:29, WhistleHappy said:

Thinking Trowbridge (for me what comes to mind) ..

Trowbridge Tech College .... 1970's  .... & Trowbridge train station (BTM return trips for college) ... until passed driving test then commute in my first car (a £40 Austin A40 then a £100 Triumph Herald ahh memories.. A40 was Red.. Herald naturally was Red & White :) ) 

Very familiar from young age with Bowyers of Trowbridge pies and sausages... long gone but not forgotten.

Avon rubber tyre factory (still going?)

Wadsworth brewery

Cow & Gate baby foods etc head office

That's about it for Trowbridge for me...

Oh and of course now 2017 famous/infamous for Wetherspoon Wild West style bar brawls... :shocking: 

What does Trowbridge mean to you (if anything) ?

Wrong brewery Wadsworth is Devizes it was Ushers in trwbridge

Archived