IGNORED

I can't handle another season in league one / Would you renew your season ticket? (Merged)

formerly known as ivan

8 hours ago, nickolas said:

I cant wait for L1. Losing at home to Rochdale, Chesterfield or bloody Port Vale on a freezing tuesday night is what ive spent the majority of my life seeing. Whats not to love!!:grr:

When are Rochdale, Chesterfield and Port Vale being promoted to the Championship? :shutup:.......oh........I see

8 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If season ticket renewals were starting tomorrow, how many people would/wouldn't renew?

If not, what's your exact reason?

Of course I would.  I support Bristol City.  Why would I not renew my season ticket?  Even if we were relegated (and I don't believe we will be) I'll still be a Bristol City supporter. 

We have both Burton and Wigan to play very soon .  Lose these two and we''re down I feel . Win them and we have a great chance of staying up . I for one don't trust LJ one inch to see us through and feel that the rebound effect so often seen when giving a failing manager the heave ho could see us safe . 

Just as an additional point , our wage bill has to be horrific these days ( seeing as we now employ half the professional footballers in the Uk ) . If we go down , avoiding financial disaster will see us off loading most of the squad on the cheap and having to start again . If so , prepare for a lot more than one season out of the Championship ! 

9 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

And that is where I feel we're heading? How can someone who has only won 1 football game in 17 attempts keep their job? How can you justify changing the formation of a team that scores 3 against Derby? How can you justify dropping the player that scored 1 and assisted 2 in his first full debut? Hamstring I hear you say? Well in that case how can you justify him coming on and playing 3/4 of the game!! Or even being of the bench? How can you justify spending a total of £5.5m of 2 players that don't play? One arguably our best centre back and the other has hardly been given a chance. How can you justify selling Luke Ayling with our defensive issues? How can you justify the lack of passion? How can you justify the lack of improvement with all the money that has been spent? I could continue...

I'm sick and tired of hearing "knee jerk this and knee jerk that". I'm sick of it. Only Bristol City can take a double winning squad and tear it to shreds. Tear the team spirit and soul out of it, and employ an ex player who was so marmite during his playing career that you could literally spread him on toast. A manager than had zero, yes, zero experience in managing a team in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. 

Can someone please justify why this guy still has a job when all I can see is failure? And please Lee, if you're reading this, believe me, you aren't hurting as much as anyone, because if you were hurting as much as this fan, you would leave for the sake of the club. 

An absolutely excellent post ,we used to joke about there being a scanner in The Williams stand that new players went through to have their skills taken from them and City making dosh selling the skills to Prem Clubs.It has obviously been brought out of retirement this season as this club once again looks over its shoulders to try and preserve Championship status whilst as fans we are being fed BS from the powers that be and it seems only us know our final destination !!

8 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I won't be wasting my money travelling from East Anglia every week, not exclusively because we would be in league one but because nothing was done to stop us going down

Likewise, no point travelling from London to see this shit, tbh Im not going to renew irrespective of survival, season after season of crap has got me down. I'll go away instead. 

I can handle it sure. I won't be buying tickets shirts subscriptions or petrol, flights hotels and beer to support it

If we go down a clear choice was made by SL to support a failing manager. He can pay for the consequences!

which I guess the implication is he will. So all is not lost, billionaire will sponsor a new manager next season to get us back up. 

9 hours ago, #roe said:

We were in a worse position last season and the guy people want out now managed to turn it around and keep us up so is it that bizarre to have a little bit of faith in him now?

Just for the record, Roe; after 31 games last year we had 31 points (see below), so as it stands right now, we're only fractionally better off (yes; our goal difference is markedly better, but not sure that's much comfort).

That was also after we'd just won three out of six, including Charlton and Ipswich on the bounce; the latter being LJ's first proper game.

We then went on to win four out of the next eight to leave us in a strong position to stay up; I'm unsure we look fixed to hit that sort of form anytime soon, and unfortunately we need a run like that to pull away.  Anything less and we'll be in this fight still come mid-March.

I'm not here screaming and yelling about things, but it is very hard to keep the faith when in near exactly a year in charge of us, all LJ has managed to do is replicate the situation he picked us up in last year, albeit with a richer set of playing resources to call on.

Faith isn't needed now; results are.  LJ came into a difficult situation not of his making, but it's entirely fair to question him now when he's led us into a strikingly similar one, but with fewer greener shoots that at this time last year (i.e. the three wins in five after SC left).

I don't think LJ is going anywhere, but unfortunately think the same can be said of our form.  Hope he proves me wrong, but not sure there is much evidence to support the likelihood of that.

EDIT: Also worth noting that last year at this point we had a five point buffer on 22nd place; it's only three this year.  I mentioned a while ago we'll probably need closer to 50 points than 45 to stay up this season, and think results of the bottom three are baring this out.

IMG_3053.PNG

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I can handle it sure. I won't be buying tickets shirts subscriptions or petrol, flights hotels and beer to support it

If we go down a clear choice was made by SL to support a failing manager. He can pay for the consequences!

which I guess the implication is he will. So all is not lost, billionaire will sponsor a new manager next season to get us back up. 

and it all starts again :grr:

10 hours ago, #roe said:

We've won 2 out of the last 13.  Not saying that's good cuz every one knows it's an awful run but there's no need to make up stats when it's shit enough as it is.

In that case why 13? The true figure is in fact 2 out of the last 17 championship games which is when this awful run started......or to really highlight how shite we are, 9 points out of 51

3 minutes ago, NorthBristolRed said:

True, but this season really felt like the season that we could stabilise, build, actually move forward and look upwards instead of down. 

Think you have to go back to ..........We will never have a better chance than we did in in terms of momentum,, slim title winning squad ready to build on, great team spirit.......

4 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Bearing in mind we'll probably walk league 1 like we did a few seasons back.

Reality check...that was the season of a lifetime!

The grim reality has been more typically years of struggle on misty nights in Rochdale or Northampton. Whilst once upon a time attending such matches with the faithful had a certain perverse charm I've seen enough of that...the time to focus efforts and succeed is now

12 hours ago, phantom said:

Sadly tonight after 30 years of supporting the side, buying a season ticket for next season seems an unlikely thing at the moment 

Have said the same to thing to my Dad who I go with. I'm still just about of an age where I can play every week and I'd rather do that than suffer watching us with 11,000 crowds against crap in our beautiful stadium, not to mention listening to sag gloating when for one day, one week or one month they are finally over us in the league table.

He has to go, he won't go because of SL's special relationship with the Johnson family and that will see us relegated. I am at the point now where I can almost feel myself falling out of love with the club as it seems on some level SL is too.

12 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

And that is where I feel we're heading? How can someone who has only won 1 football game in 17 attempts keep their job? How can you justify changing the formation of a team that scores 3 against Derby? How can you justify dropping the player that scored 1 and assisted 2 in his first full debut? Hamstring I hear you say? Well in that case how can you justify him coming on and playing 3/4 of the game!! Or even being of the bench? How can you justify spending a total of £5.5m of 2 players that don't play? One arguably our best centre back and the other has hardly been given a chance. How can you justify selling Luke Ayling with our defensive issues? How can you justify the lack of passion? How can you justify the lack of improvement with all the money that has been spent? I could continue...

I'm sick and tired of hearing "knee jerk this and knee jerk that". I'm sick of it. Only Bristol City can take a double winning squad and tear it to shreds. Tear the team spirit and soul out of it, and employ an ex player who was so marmite during his playing career that you could literally spread him on toast. A manager than had zero, yes, zero experience in managing a team in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. 

Can someone please justify why this guy still has a job when all I can see is failure? And please Lee, if you're reading this, believe me, you aren't hurting as much as anyone, because if you were hurting as much as this fan, you would leave for the sake of the club. 

He still has a job because SL was incredibly foolish in employing a friend a critical position..

You'll handle it if it happens, you've got to you've no choice, I think the reason we all spend fortunes on watching our club is because we love them and enjoy football, we all have match day routines, family members and friends we go to games with, people we hardly know but interact with through our mutual love of our team and game, we spend hours talking, reading, writing, and thinking about ours club, that's not going to change because your losing games, or you're playing in a different league, you're a football fan, you're a City fan, and you always will be. 

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

You'll handle it if it happens, you've got to you've no choice, I think the reason we all spend fortunes on watching our club is because we love them and enjoy football, we all have match day routines, family members and friends we go to games with, people we hardly know but interact with through our mutual love of our team and game, we spend hours talking, reading, writing, and thinking about ours club, that's not going to change because your losing games, or you're playing in a different league, you're a football fan, you're a City fan, and you always will be. 

Yep! It's in the blood,is that a good thing or bad.

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Very true. I think the problem for the Bristol City bosses is that the dream they are selling is one designed to fill a 27k stadium for football one week, rugby the next, conferences, hospitality etc etc....If the two sports clubs at the heart of the positive feel-good "brand" are relegation fodder serial losers, which both City and Bristol Rugby have been this year there's something wrong!

I don't doubt that people will continue to watch your guys and ours regardless of results, but anyone with other commitments will think twice...I know I will! That said, Barnsley is my favourite away trip, nice people, easy parking, good food, and I'll probably find time for that one....

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Well, it is coming. Too late for a manager change now. We are coming for the Sags in League One. Absolutely screwed us right up with total arrogance. Stick to business and let football people stick to football.

I hate to think it, let alone type this but, what if they pass us on the way? Relegation, though a real possibility and would be a disgrace given everything that has been posted reference squad, investment and stadium. If we were passed by that f@ckin lot of inbred, sister six toes.... I just couldn't bear it.:badmood:

1 hour ago, Alex#40 said:

Have said the same to thing to my Dad who I go with. I'm still just about of an age where I can play every week and I'd rather do that than suffer watching us with 11,000 crowds against crap in our beautiful stadium, not to mention listening to sag gloating when for one day, one week or one month they are finally over us in the league table.

He has to go, he won't go because of SL's special relationship with the Johnson family and that will see us relegated. I am at the point now where I can almost feel myself falling out of love with the club as it seems on some level SL is too.

good post

If we do go down, we will have a bloody good squad full of promising youngsters to watch. O'dowda, engvall, brownhill, Moore, vyner, Kelly, lucic, Taylor, de girolamo, Jonny smith, Patterson to name a few. I'm sure hegeler and djuric would stay for another season so we would certainly see positive results.

financially however it would be s disaster to be relegated

Archived