IGNORED

I can't handle another season in league one / Would you renew your season ticket? (Merged)

formerly known as ivan

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not at all the wheels are probably in motion already behind the scenes

Season tickets will be on sale before this season ends, they always have been

Not if what league City will b in isn't decided. Unless they charge League 1 prices  before City stay up of course.

I'd like to add that it's also been a big reason for my why I've not renewed because the group of people I sat with for 16 seasons got split up by the redevelopment. 

When you make that sort of friendship with fellow reds, it's sad to now bump into one group in the Dolman, one in the Ss and one in the Lansdown.

Don't get me wrong, the redevelopment of AG is top notch - I love our new home. I just miss the closeness of the group of people I used to sit with. 

This is why I now quite enjoy away games - we've met up for some games (WBA last season was a highlight) plus it's a completely different experience. 

Of course there's nothing really stopping me finding new fans to bond with atAG - we're all reds after all. I just haven't been able to get a seat in a consistent location this season! Though I did enjoy a one game stint in the former "A" block of the Dolman. Some very funny blokes in there.

So in short, I love new AG but miss the people. Not a moan as such, just reminiscing.

Can I just say how nice it would be to have some posts from Aizoon that are a bit longer.

He / she usually posts just one or two lines - we never get a proper monologue.

We never get the whole truth, what Aizoon REALLY thinks on any given subject.

I am sure most posters on OTIB agree with me.

tfj

2 hours ago, ploppy said:

Surely logistics (i.e. Where you live) and finances are also legitimate reasons to not attend?

Of course. I was generalising. The point is once a fan always a fan no matter which league or manager. There are lots of personal   reasons not to renew but relegation should not be one of them.

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 22:11, formerly known as ivan said:

If season ticket renewals were starting tomorrow, how many people would/wouldn't renew?

If not, what's your exact reason?

Of course I'll renew.  You can't pick and choose your support just because they have a bad season.  You have to take the bad with the good. 

10 hours ago, fishy said:

Of course I'll renew.  You can't pick and choose your support just because they have a bad season.  You have to take the bad with the good. 

Exactly this. I overheard a conversation a year or two ago in Morrisons in Tavistock between two plastics, one a Man Utd `fan` and one so-called Liverpool. The latter asked the former what he thought of United`s season so far to which the reply was (in the broadest Devon accent you will ever hear) `I int bothering with `em this year, they`m rubbish`.

Obviously I felt like slapping the pair of them but it made me feel proud that I support MY club through thick and thin in a way that actually means something. That pair of idiots will never know how that feels and I feel sorry for them.

On 17/02/2017 at 15:59, Taxi for Johnson said:

Can I just say how nice it would be to have some posts from Aizoon that are a bit longer.

He / she usually posts just one or two lines - we never get a proper monologue.

We never get the whole truth, what Aizoon REALLY thinks on any given subject.

I am sure most posters on OTIB agree with me.

tfj

The hedgehog thing... yeah, not a fan. 

Bit odd if you ask me. :blink:

For me it depends on these things in the following order:

1) Manager
2) Price
3) Division.

i.e. if we're in league one with a new manager and reduced prices then I'll renew, but if we're in league one being asked to pay the same and LJ is still in charge then I'll stay away.

And the flip side of course if we're in the Championship paying the same price and LJ is still in charge then of course I'll renew but I certainly won't be happy about the LJ part.

24 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Anyone changed their mind since this topic was last brought up

I watched us in the Fourth Division (didn't have an ST, I was a student at the time) and I'll watch us in the "Third". Again.

I haven't changed my mind. If it was all about success, I wouldn't be a City fan....

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I watched us in the Fourth Division (didn't have an ST, I was a student at the time) and I'll watch us in the "Third". Again.

I haven't changed my mind. If it was all about success, I wouldn't be a City fan....

Ye I think we can all agree we're not glory hunters . FWIW I will be renewing me and my sons . I was just seeing people's opinions since this was last posted. As I feel the club should take notice of this . The 2 responses above say they aren't renewing someone of 40 years watching city . 40 years and doesn't want to go . Supporters need to be listened to

Why would you need a season ticket in league 1? 27,000 seats. All those 'A' catagory games against teams like Warsaw, MK Franchise etc. Certainly, won't have a problem getting in past the tumbleweed....and I have been a supporter for 46 years. Oh yes, and Wes Burns might be waving as he passes us on the way to being a Championship player.

I honestly thought (somewhat naively admittedly), that we had said goodbye to L1 (maybe not forever, but for a long time, at least) when we got promoted this time around.

Other relegations have been unpleasant; but this one will be the worst, when considering what has happened off the field.

I will not renew if we go down to L1, as it represents abject failure.

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's not the success though, it's the manner of the failure.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I've followed City all my life, mate. I've seen every manner of failure.

Believe me, you never go down in glory. 

I was very young at the time but saw us crash through the divisions, there were reasons then, there is no reason this time apart from intransigence, and more worryingly arrogance.

Most of you are miserable bastards!!  Of course you will renew - and of course I will renew.  Once an addict, it is hard to break away.  Whatever happens, we will have a great squad and should be better equipped than in our last promotion campaign.  I hope we don't go down, but if we do, my hope will spring eternal COYR!

Well, my work requirements have changed (I have managed to get someone else to do it) but I won't be renewing.

I will still go to some games, no doubt, but myself and some other fellow long-termers have had enough of the spin machine that is Bristol sport.

Between 3 of us, that's 124 years of season ticket holders not renewing.

It's a sad indictment of the modern day game. Older, mouthy buggers like us will never be PC, nor would I want us to be and if we want to shout our disapproval, we'll bloody well do it! Unfortunately, Mr Lansdowns' comment last week has been too much to take for us as a collective.

Regrettably, it's a 'No' from me.

I'd renew all 4 now. To support the club.

What I'm not doing any more is giving that tucker Lansdown any more of my money.

I'll buy the kids their shirts so they can show their support. But I'm ****** if I'm buying pasties, crisps, chocolate or cups of tea when I'm in AG again.

We're taking sandwiches :)

Archived