IGNORED

I can't handle another season in league one / Would you renew your season ticket? (Merged)

formerly known as ivan

18 minutes ago, Red Finesse said:

After 20+ years of nearly all home games and quite a few away I have decided to not renew if we are relegated. Which in turn encompasses 3 season tickets. I have always supported through thick and thin and always renewed without hesitation after a relegation season.

The inner me toils with going because its the right thing to do as a fan, but I just don't enjoy it anymore. Night games are an absolute chore, especially with parking and rarely do we get any joy at the match. So inevitably I have to question 'why?' All this time and money for a massive dollop of stress and depression!?!

So this leaves me back at where I started all those years ago. Paying on the day when money and time were convenient for me. The sad thing is I don't see much value in paying nearly £30 for a 3rd tier football match!

Perfectly put. My feelings exactly.

3 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

The fans conceded twice v Fulham, who needs them?

Why are you so precious about Lansdowns comments?

He hasn't blamed the fans at all, he said just to get behind the team in a positive manner.  Grumble and moan all you want  before and after the game is what he also said. 

Too many here have taken his comments out of context...

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Why are you so precious about Lansdowns comments?

He hasn't blamed the fans at all, he said just to get behind the team in a positive manner.  Grumble and moan all you want  before and after the game is what he also said. 

Too many here have taken his comments out of context...

I was only trying to be funny mate. You can be very mean. 

I've been watching City for over 40 years. I go to support the club, as well as catch up with friends.

I am so sick of his s??t that i won't renew my season ticket if he is still there at the end of the season.

We have the best squad we've had in years. This is proven by the Derby and Newcastle performances, regardless of the results. On their day, they can outplay almost every team in the division. The question is 'why isn't it their day more often'?

I can only surmise that it's a problem with man management, coaching or selection. Oh, there's also the issue of game management (19 points list from winning positions, another record).

Who has the responsibility for these? I'm sick of mentioning him, but you all know.

The players aren't to blame for this. You know who is.

His comments of 'I love this club' and 'nobody's hurting more than me' are rubbish. I love this club more than him and I'm hurting more than him, the same as the majority of the supporters do. 'Saturday is a must win game'. Idiot. Every game should be 'must win'. Saturday is only must win because of his ineptitude.

I have better things to do with my time and money than waste them on this tripe. I will do other stuff if he stays. Even if it's being able to spend £20 plus in the pub each Saturday, at least I won't feel that people are laughing at me.

£15 million plus on players and most don't even make the 18? Ridiculous.

The Newcastle team included almost every member of the team that he didn't buy. We don't have enough players left from that team to fill a whole team. This proves that, although he bought (mostly) good players, he doesn't know what to do when he gets them. He's like a dog chasing a car.

Anyway, to answer the question, no, I won't renew. 

And relax. Sorry chaps, I'm sure most of you didn't get this far.

If we go down I will not bother attending at all next season regardless of how well the team is doing. I will not pay another penny until we are back in the Championship. From what I have seen recently from SL who I once thought was a top top bloke for investing in my club I am sick of the plan, sick of a tactically inept manager, sick of SL blaming the fans for being negative and coming out with comments like we will be happy again when we are challenging at the top of League One and we are not in the bottom 3 yet whilst we are hurtling towards there at a rate of knots never witnessed before in the clubs entire history. Also, submerging us into this Bristol Sport concoction at the expense of our own identity and our ambition for the football club. I'm not interested in the other teams that are squatting at the football ground. I am done with it. #MakingBristolProud? #MakingBristolALaughingStock more like! People laughed about that tag line and the media poked fun at it and my god hasn't it ever come back to bit us on the arse?!!!! We are a joke and we are ran by clowns with no idea of how to attain footballing success.

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

are we all City fans ?????????

Indeed but to be fair did I deserve to be told to get a life by somebody purely because I said I would renew my season ticket a couple of weeks back ?

12 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

If we go down I will not bother attending at all next season regardless of how well the team is doing. I will not pay another penny until we are back in the Championship. From what I have seen recently from SL who I once thought was a top top bloke for investing in my club I am sick of the plan, sick of a tactically inept manager, sick of SL blaming the fans for being negative and coming out with comments like we will be happy again when we are challenging at the top of League One and we are not in the bottom 3 yet whilst we are hurtling towards there at a rate of knots never witnessed before in the clubs entire history. Also, submerging us into this Bristol Sport concoction at the expense of our own identity and our ambition for the football club. I'm not interested in the other teams that are squatting at the football ground. I am done with it. #MakingBristolProud? #MakingBristolALaughingStock more like! People laughed about that tag line and the media poked fun at it and my god hasn't it ever come back to bit us on the arse?!!!! We are a joke and we are ran by clowns with no idea of how to attain footballing success.

A million likes from me

42 minutes ago, The Ring said:

I've been watching City for over 40 years. I go to support the club, as well as catch up with friends.

I am so sick of his s??t that i won't renew my season ticket if he is still there at the end of the season.

We have the best squad we've had in years. This is proven by the Derby and Newcastle performances, regardless of the results. On their day, they can outplay almost every team in the division. The question is 'why isn't it their day more often'?

I can only surmise that it's a problem with man management, coaching or selection. Oh, there's also the issue of game management (19 points list from winning positions, another record).

Who has the responsibility for these? I'm sick of mentioning him, but you all know.

The players aren't to blame for this. You know who is.

His comments of 'I love this club' and 'nobody's hurting more than me' are rubbish. I love this club more than him and I'm hurting more than him, the same as the majority of the supporters do. 'Saturday is a must win game'. Idiot. Every game should be 'must win'. Saturday is only must win because of his ineptitude.

I have better things to do with my time and money than waste them on this tripe. I will do other stuff if he stays. Even if it's being able to spend £20 plus in the pub each Saturday, at least I won't feel that people are laughing at me.

£15 million plus on players and most don't even make the 18? Ridiculous.

The Newcastle team included almost every member of the team that he didn't buy. We don't have enough players left from that team to fill a whole team. This proves that, although he bought (mostly) good players, he doesn't know what to do when he gets them. He's like a dog chasing a car.

Anyway, to answer the question, no, I won't renew. 

And relax. Sorry chaps, I'm sure most of you didn't get this far.

That says it for me except that I jumped ship earlier. 

7 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Some pretty 'interesting' derbies.... Slags, Millwall and possibly Plymouth at home . Add the away trips to these and a few others Warsaw, Shrewsbury, Oxford possibility Exeter, Coventry, Swindle. 

Hey they are going to rip into us about being a 'massive club', 'spending zillions and getting nowhere' and the 'grounds to big for us' but shit happens.

My greater worry is that we'll be crap in that division too. We haven't built a team. This is our fundamental problem. There is absolutely zero team DNA.  We are group of individuals. 

Frankly, I would really worry about taking on the Slags at present. 

How is Millwall a 'derby' ?! And I've never bought into the idea that Plymouth is a 'derby' - we are closer to Brentford than Plymouth, are our games against the Bees 'derbies' ?!

Only minimum benefit for those of us a long and expensive way from Bristol, should mean we shall be able to buy a cheaper ticket and as we arrive for the match, instead of dealing online.  Plenty of sitting room, nearly 20k seats to choose from!

No chance. Only way i will renew is if we stay up and he is gone. Ive been going for over 30 years and seen a few relegations. This one (if it happens) will be the worst as it is so utterly avoidable and is based on one mans complete delusion that lee johnson is a good football manager.

No renewal if relegated or if LJ stays . I'll pick and choose games . 

I seriously think Roy Hodgson, Harry Redknapp, blokes who know football and got a CV, should be approached . 

The LJ experiment has failed. I don't dislike him but results speak for themselves. Learn your trade at Stevenage or somewhere . 

If we go down I won't be renewing my ST mainly because the prospect of playing the likes of The Gas in a half empty stadium is not attractive - to say the least. 

Having said that, I think we will stay up (just) and we will go into next season with LJ still as Head Coach - because SL is an  honourable man who will back his man.

If I am right, I will renew my ST

I've said before to friends, but I genuinely can't see myself celebrating a win/goal and meaning it until LJ is gone. Regardless of division. 

The guy has honestly ruined any excitement for the club for me. Until he's gone, I won't be considering renewing. 

Archived