IGNORED

The Official Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread (Merged)

ploppy

Play each player in a position that plays to their strengths, play a simple strategy which all the players understand and try not to be too conservative. Also don't listen to the people who say 451 is appropriate to ensure we aren't defensively exposed. We have lost so many games using that system including Wolves away and Notts Forest away. Why would today be any different?

I hope you read this and trust that you will "Taylor" your formation accordingly (no pun intended, I sincerely promise).

Kind regards

Ploppy (son of Ploppy) 

2 minutes ago, ploppy said:

Play each player in a position that plays to a their strengths, play a simple strategy which all the players understand and try not to be too conservative. Also don't listen to the people who say 451 is appropriate to ensure we aren't defensively exposed. We have lost so many games using that system including Wolves away and Notts Forest away. Why would today be any different?

I hope you read this and trust that you will "Taylor" your formation accordingly (no pun intended, I sincerely promise).

Kind regards

Ploppy (son of Ploppy) 

More likely to see the 3-1-2-1-2-1

christmas pudding formation. Feels like it's a mike basset film at times!

2 minutes ago, Matty Taylor [BCFC] said:

Oh god this is Barnsley territory 

Not sure what you mean, only to say that I have no affiliation with Barnsley or any other northern based club. As a relative newbie to this community I'm afraid that many OTIB references go straight over my head, forgive my ignorance 

12 minutes ago, ploppy said:

Not sure what you mean, only to say that I have no affiliation with Barnsley or any other northern based club. As a relative newbie to this community I'm afraid that many OTIB references go straight over my head, forgive my ignorance 

Barnsley fans were appealing to LJ to go 4-4-2 after their run of defeats... hence the "Barnsley territory"

I think I posted something similar on the 'team for Derby thread'. I would bet good money that he will start with 1 up front. If / when he does, I hope that that 1 is not Tammy. I love him but it just doesn't work for him or for us.

If he goes with the 1 up top it would need to be Milan. In any case, whatever formation he starts with, it will change several times during the afternoon.

47 minutes ago, ploppy said:

Barnsley fans were apparently screaming out for 442 before he left, heard it again and again by all the Tykes on here.

2 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Does anyone know if the Leeds game will be on BCFC player, considering it's being beamed back therefore we have a live feed of the game. You'd think it would make sense to put it on player as well. 

Yea i am pretty sure they cover every game on player

Edit : my bad i thought you meant radio commentary, yea a live video feed would be great 

11 minutes ago, yardy said:

Yea i am pretty sure they cover every game on player

Edit : my bad i thought you meant radio commentary, yea a live video feed would be great 

Yep. Radio commentary on every game but as you say no live stream. That's a real shame but I guess there contracts and rights why live away games can't be shown.

11 hours ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Does anyone know if the Leeds game will be on BCFC player, considering it's being beamed back therefore we have a live feed of the game. You'd think it would make sense to put it on player as well. 

It is unlikely to happen as, I believe, the EFL have the rights to any footage and dont therefore allow it so, unless there is some ground breaking change in policy, no!

2 hours ago, tts_city said:

Well its about bloody time these "rights issues" were sorted out, its 2017 and i have to listen to away games on the bleedin wireless, i wouldnt mind paying extra per game.

Sky Sports pay a not insignificant fee for these rights.

We do not have the rights to broadcast live video, just live audio.

From 2017/18 onwards this changes for live video, but only for users outside UK and Ireland.

Hope that explains the situation.

Regards,

Adam

Archived