IGNORED

Have you read these posts on OTIB?

Marina's Rolls Royce

Recognise these?

"The team is an empty shell. There is no fist clenching leader, players stare each other down when passes go astray. We have no best XI, we have no style, we bring in top players and convert them to mediocre players within days and the coaching team seem to be lost and out of their depth."

"The Manager is an ace turd polisher. Give him crap and he'll turn it into crap +10% but give him talent and ask him to mould it into a decent team and he hasn't a clue."

"We can quite realistically lose EVERY remaining game this season and be facing Doncaster and Carlisle in six months time. "

"I like him as a person but he - and his coaches - are out of their depth and the players know it!"

"How can anyone now defend what is completely indefensible? I hate the idea of changing our manager but I have no idea what else we can do."

"I rate him as a manager but he just looks totally out of his depth and bereft of any ideas. The bit that really worries me is the total absence of any sort of Plan B coupled with his patent inability to instil any sort of confidence or backbone in the players."

"What can he try next? Running out of ideas. Will be just repeat the same ones on a loop? Back to 3 at the back in a few weeks. "

"If you are talking about the fans, expectation and hope are rock bottom. We would be sky high with joy if we got a win. Expectations have never been so low, and I have been supporting this club since prehistoric times."

"In relegation fight now but even he should manage to keep us up. Has to be gone by next season though. He's clueless and not the man we need by a longshot." 
"Just go and get Dean Smith. Brentford played us off the park with a younger team and less talent. We need exactly what he's brought to Brentford."

"Mentally there is something seriously wrong at this club, so wrong that the same problems persist despite change of  managers and players. I'm not defending him at all and am probably leaning more towards getting rid than keeping but the depressing thing is we're likely going to be seeing the same shameful weakness and general losing attitude regardless of who is manager. I don't know how we get out of this."

Well you've probably read similar on OTIB but these are all quotes from Villa Talk Forum about Steve Bruce last night- the man who has managed 3 points less than Lee , having played one more game than us in 2017 with a team assembled at a cost of £70,000,000 ( the cost of our new stadium, our new squad  and with £5m to spare) since July. 

Reading about other fan's misery and realising we're not alone -makes me a much less miserable fickle footie fan . We are indeed shit but it looks like there may be teams that are shitter.

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Recognise these?

"The team is an empty shell. There is no fist clenching leader, players stare each other down when passes go astray. We have no best XI, we have no style, we bring in top players and convert them to mediocre players within days and the coaching team seem to be lost and out of their depth."

"The Manager is an ace turd polisher. Give him crap and he'll turn it into crap +10% but give him talent and ask him to mould it into a decent team and he hasn't a clue."

"We can quite realistically lose EVERY remaining game this season and be facing Doncaster and Carlisle in six months time. "

"I like him as a person but he - and his coaches - are out of their depth and the players know it!"

"How can anyone now defend what is completely indefensible? I hate the idea of changing our manager but I have no idea what else we can do."

"I rate him as a manager but he just looks totally out of his depth and bereft of any ideas. The bit that really worries me is the total absence of any sort of Plan B coupled with his patent inability to instil any sort of confidence or backbone in the players."

"What can he try next? Running out of ideas. Will be just repeat the same ones on a loop? Back to 3 at the back in a few weeks. "

"If you are talking about the fans, expectation and hope are rock bottom. We would be sky high with joy if we got a win. Expectations have never been so low, and I have been supporting this club since prehistoric times."

"In relegation fight now but even he should manage to keep us up. Has to be gone by next season though. He's clueless and not the man we need by a longshot." 
"Just go and get Dean Smith. Brentford played us off the park with a younger team and less talent. We need exactly what he's brought to Brentford."

"Mentally there is something seriously wrong at this club, so wrong that the same problems persist despite change of  managers and players. I'm not defending him at all and am probably leaning more towards getting rid than keeping but the depressing thing is we're likely going to be seeing the same shameful weakness and general losing attitude regardless of who is manager. I don't know how we get out of this."

Well you've probably read similar on OTIB but these are all quotes from Villa Talk Forum about Steve Bruce last night- the man who has managed 3 points less than Lee , having played one more game than us in 2017 with a team assembled at a cost of £70,000,000 ( the cost of our new stadium, our new squad  and with £5m to spare) since July. 

Reading about other fan's misery and realising we're not alone -makes me a much less miserable fickle footie fan . We are indeed shit but it looks like there may be teams that are shitter.

They are shit, but they are "above us, shit".

16 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Recognise these?

"Mentally there is something seriously wrong at this club, so wrong that the same problems persist despite change of  managers and players. I'm not defending him at all and am probably leaning more towards getting rid than keeping but the depressing thing is we're likely going to be seeing the same shameful weakness and general losing attitude regardless of who is manager. I don't know hStelnou ow we get out of this."

Bruce Out ! 

1 minute ago, MelksRed said:

Can it please wait until after we've played them? Don't want to suffer from a "new manager bounce"..... Plus I have money on them going down......meaning I could be £85 richer.....

Blimey- that must have been a brave punt at the time. 

11 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I have no expectations...*sigh*.

Really? 

Having read most of your posts in the last 2 months, I would say you are " full of expectation".

When a club is struggling for results then the fans are unhappy and critical. It's that simple.

Its been that way since football first became the national game and probably before then.

Of course social media of all kinds these days make the fans flak far  louder and public.

The world we live it in other words.

I think that the situation at Villa identifies exactly how unexpected this league can be......back in August we were all complaining that they could effectively buy back their Premiership Status with their parachute payment......they've spent a lot of money and are not really doing that much better than us (tin hat on). I could understand if I were SL, and having a good look around me,  how my relatively small spend has secured the same as the massive amount spent by Villa and how it has been "value for money". 

I personally would rather be struggling in the championship that flying in league 1........

Red through and through.....

COYRs......

Just now, MelksRed said:

Brave punt.....:laugh:......£1 at 85-1......really "Ballsy" :blink:

85-1? Well that just goes to show how football is impossible to read.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

When a club is struggling for results then the fans are unhappy and critical. It's that simple.

Its been that way since football first became the national game and probably before then.

Of course social media of all kinds these days make the fans flak far  louder and public.

The world we live it in other words.

"You're not fit to bake the cakes, you're not fit to bake the cakes" 

Bruce is sorting out the previous incumbent's - or the previous three or four incumbents' - mess, while LJ has created his own muddle here, now. And LJ came into a better team ethic or "atmosphere" here, despite the poor results.

Bruce has acted decisively with McCormack. Can't help thinking now that LJ has had his own very similar situation here but one a bit more of his own making and not as easily sorted, without a loss of face on his part.

Steve Bruce has only been in the job for what, 4 or 5 months. He's at a club who have been an absolute basket case for the last few years. He's had 1 transfer window, and while he spent a lot of money, he's probably not even scratched the surface in how he wants his squad to look.

LJ had the back end of last season to analyse what he needed, the whole summer to prepare and start getting in the players required, and this January window to improve the squad again.

It's a little surprising to see Villa down there, but only due to the size and reputation of the club, they could well end up in the 3rd tier soon, just like 'big clubs' like Forest, Southampton and the 2 Sheffield clubs have in recent times.

29 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Blimey- that must have been a brave punt at the time. 

Really? 

Having read most of your posts in the last 2 months, I would say you are " full of expectation".

You got me there, buddy. Just don't say it too loudly, as the bodysnatchers might hear.

The reality check of the OP is all very well, but not a good comparison.

Comparing Villa and Bruce with Bristol City and by implication Johnson?

Villa a basket case in decline through lack of investment for years. It has happened to most of the so called big teams since ever I can remember.

Bristol City, hardly lost a game for 18 months up until May 2015, before a (on here) well documented and hotly debated dip.

Bruce, a manager that has won promotion to the Premiership FOUR times.

Johnson, a manager that has been given millions to add to what was by definition already a reasonable squad, and who has, well, erm.,...

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Recognise these?

Nope, don't recognise these.

OTIB posters are special and unique.

If there is any similarity, Villa fans must have plagiarised our stuff.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

You'll have to explain that MRR......

It's a King Alfred thing - when the Vikings were very critical of how Alfred ran his 'team".

43 minutes ago, NickJ said:

The reality check of the OP is all very well, but not a good comparison.

Comparing Villa and Bruce with Bristol City and by implication Johnson?

Villa a basket case in decline through lack of investment for years. It has happened to most of the so called big teams since ever I can remember.

Bristol City, hardly lost a game for 18 months up until May 2015, before a (on here) well documented and hotly debated dip.

Bruce, a manager that has won promotion to the Premiership FOUR times.

Johnson, a manager that has been given millions to add to what was by definition already a reasonable squad, and who has, well, erm.,...

Unlike you to change the whole OP into a LJ debate.

Do you think the average Villa fan gives a toss about what Bruce has achieved elsewhere? Would you or the other biggest critics honestly cut LJ some slack if he had been successful elsewhere? I doubt it  any more than I doubt Villa fans are thinking- oh well, at leat we haven't got LJ as a manager.

The OP was a bit of fun in that any one of those comments could have been lifted straight from OTIB in the past few weeks and just shows that the problems at BCFC are not unique.

Edit- just seen @bcfcfinker reply. You're probably right.

Mods- is there a breach of copyright issue?

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Really? Bruce has secured fewer points than Lee over the same period and same amount of games? That is a big surprise.

But surely what we need is a an experienced "been there seen it all" Manager to assist/replace LJ, like errrr Steve Bruce? :whistle: 

Well the football next Tuesday could resemble the quality of a Champions League final although more likely is a Norman Hardy Cup Final.

And that is said without any disrespect to those amateurs who ply their trade on the windswept, waterlogged Durdham Downs and with minimal changing facilities in a pub halfway down Whiteladies Road.

41 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Unlike you to change the whole OP into a LJ debate.

Part of your concluding summary:

"Steve Bruce last night- the man who has managed 3 points less than Lee"

would indicate that a Johnson debate, or a Bruce v Johnson debate, was indeed intended.

16 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

So an underperforming Villa team is justification to some to continue blindly not question our underperforming team and manager. Yeah good one.

How about the majority of the division we have outspent and seen no reward for.

I agree with what you are saying and agree LJ should be gone but you have lost me on the highlighted bit - surely it's only fair to look at total transfer not just the amount spent when comparing.

Archived