IGNORED

Fulham have sold approx 350 (Title updated)

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Has nothing to do with the owner and his generosity, it is about common sense and consideration of the rest of them who are employed to organise the club, and routinely show zero common sense or effort to think about supporters before making decisions. I'm taking specifically about tomorrow.

I am obviously biased here but when I read that Fulham are discounting coach travel to encourage their fans to get to Ashton Gate tomorrow, on the same night that City, without any thought for their fans coming similar distances, pushed the kick off back, my comment (as hacked off it was) stands.

Tomorrow I've got a 5 hour round trip and will need to leave before the end, to get the last train. If City actually bothered to look at their season ticket holder list, instead of employing temps to call us up and sell us stuff, they'd see how many ST's they have in London and might actually give a damn.

I'm well aware they have a business exhibition in the ground (which finishes c. 3.30) - I refuse to believe if they'd given it some thought, there isn't a pair of hands that could get them tidied up 15 minutes quicker. Hell, I'd have come down early and helped, if it meant seeing the end of tomorrow's game.

I actually read this thread about Fulham's initiative today within an hour of talking to City season ticket holders in London who won't be going tomorrow because they don't want the hassle this late finish has caused. That's all I'm referring to when I say on this thread City really don't think about their fans.

With all that said, if I have to leave 10 minutes before full time tomorrow it will still be 10 minutes after City have finished playing................... :whistle:

couldn't you have booked a place on a coach from Fulham? as i know someone came from Preston on theirs

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Has nothing to do with the owner and his generosity, it is about common sense and consideration of the rest of them who are employed to organise the club, and routinely show zero common sense or effort to think about supporters before making decisions. I'm taking specifically about tomorrow.

I am obviously biased here but when I read that Fulham are discounting coach travel to encourage their fans to get to Ashton Gate tomorrow, on the same night that City, without any thought for their fans coming similar distances, pushed the kick off back, my comment (as hacked off it was) stands.

Tomorrow I've got a 5 hour round trip and will need to leave before the end, to get the last train. If City actually bothered to look at their season ticket holder list, instead of employing temps to call us up and sell us stuff, they'd see how many ST's they have in London and might actually give a damn.

I'm well aware they have a business exhibition in the ground (which finishes c. 3.30) - I refuse to believe if they'd given it some thought, there isn't a pair of hands that could get them tidied up 15 minutes quicker. Hell, I'd have come down early and helped, if it meant seeing the end of tomorrow's game.

I actually read this thread about Fulham's initiative today within an hour of talking to City season ticket holders in London who won't be going tomorrow because they don't want the hassle this late finish has caused. That's all I'm referring to when I say on this thread City really don't think about their fans.

With all that said, if I have to leave 10 minutes before full time tomorrow it will still be 10 minutes after City have finished playing................... :whistle:

Interesting, I recall the reason that evening kick offs were moved back to 7.45 from 7.30 was to give everyone, especially away supporters, enough time to get to evening games. Now if we move it back a further 15 minutes it's too late to get home? That's a pretty fine line between too early and too late. I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time. 

6 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I remember a "special" train up to York in the 4th Division days when we were battling it out for top spot, fairly sure that was heavily subsidised ?

I went on it. Left all our booze behind, when told it was strictly no drink. Got on board, and swimming in the stuff. Drat and double blast!

Before my time, but didn't City lay on free coaches to QPR, in Div 1 days? Over 10000 away fans?

6 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Before my time, but didn't City lay on free coaches to QPR, in Div 1 days? Over 10000 away fans?

Free travel when you joined the 'C.A.T.S.'  78/79 . Lots did travel but no where near 10k 

I remember chaos outside, and the Police cracking down on the swearing during the game.....

cue "he's here , he's there, we're not allowed to swear, Gerry Gow, Gerry Gow" 

8 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I went on it. Left all our booze behind, when told it was strictly no drink. Got on board, and swimming in the stuff. Drat and double blast!

Free coaches to QPR was about '77, certainly wasn't 10,000 City fans there though, the South Africa Rd end was open terrace then instead of that poxy stand

14 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Interesting, I recall the reason that evening kick offs were moved back to 7.45 from 7.30 was to give everyone, especially away supporters, enough time to get to evening games. Now if we move it back a further 15 minutes it's too late to get home? That's a pretty fine line between too early and too late. I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time. 

You are correct it is a fine line. This one in particular being that the last train to London (where a fair few city supporters come from) is at 2235. Not unreasonable for city to have considered this in the whole scheme of things. 

44 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Free travel when you joined the 'C.A.T.S.'  78/79 . Lots did travel but no where near 10k 

I remember chaos outside, and the Police cracking down on the swearing during the game.....

cue "he's here , he's there, we're not allowed to swear, Gerry Gow, Gerry Gow" 

Ah, right. Maybe thinking of Cov match, and getting wires crossed.

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

What I remember was getting all the way to York and pulling in at the station.

The moment the train came to a halt a City fan jumped off and started running across the platform shouting, 'BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSTOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL', and before he could get the whole word out he was grabbed by a policeman and marched away.

Couldn't believe it, all that way and arrested within seconds of arrival. We actually thought it was quite funny at the time, poor sod.

Archived