IGNORED

Matty speaks...

Septic Peg

Some points that interest me

1) He mentions that he din't like being on the bench to start at Leeds....no suggestion of a hamstring tweak as we were lead to believe

2) He mentions how he was impressed by LJs stat that City have had the most shots in the division

3) In LJs interview he mentions that Fulham have the highest passing stat in the league

Maybe LJ is putting too much emphasis on stats, especially not significant ones! Significant ones are points and position in the table, goals for and against

Also, considering the work LJ done to woo Tammy to City from Chelsea and MT, he seems to have the gift of the gab. Maybe he would be better off as a motivational speaker than a Championship manager....

38 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

1) He mentions that he din't like being on the bench to start at Leeds....no suggestion of a hamstring tweak as we were lead to believe

2) He mentions how he was impressed by LJs stat that City have had the most shots in the division

3) In LJs interview he mentions that Fulham have the highest passing stat in the league

Maybe LJ is putting too much emphasis on stats, especially not significant ones! Significant ones are points and position in the table, goals for and against

Also, considering the work LJ done to woo Tammy to City from Chelsea and MT, he seems to have the gift of the gab. Maybe he would be better off as a motivational speaker than a Championship manager....

Why do some people have to make anything and everything into an anti-Johnson thread

27 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

These are the primary stats and are quoted in any of the full league tables.

Then there are secondary stats.
They are available from sites such as this: http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots
And to a certain extent, they might help explain the small margins we've been losing by.
Since I don't do football management, I can't say how useful they are?

An example is, Fulham have the top spot for shots (we're third), and 4th for shots on target (we are 8th).
It could be an exciting game tonight by the looks of it or it might lead to the managers to be 'careful' in their set up? We'll soon find out.

Archived