IGNORED

The squeaky bum Fulham match night thread

Major Isewater

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

4-4-2 and Matthews...

Shudders.

But Mags is on the bench and Taylor and Djuric (the partnership I wanted to see specifically) start. 

Yep, but good player when his mind is on it.

Hopefully he is fully fit, and he starts thinking 'bout time to play a few good games to get a decent team next year'.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Absolutely ridiculous that we have 3 CMs on the bench and Engvall left out. I'm actually okay with the squad overall as Mags is back but to leave out our Gustav has really annoyed me. 

We're fighting for relegation. If he isn't up to scratch, why risk him?

We have three attacking options from the bench in Reid, Tomlin and Wilbs.

Pack and GON may well be needed to hold or break up the play as we know Fulham like possession of the ball.

Maggers covers all the back 4 really if needed.

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I like the look of that .

No Tomlin or GON however .

Good. Neither deserve to be playing. Tomlin is worth persevering with through his bad form but GON... nah.

GON threatened so much, yet delivered so little. He should be the 'old head' we would love to have right now, but he's not. I have him in lower esteem than even David James for potential v actual. I would love someone to take him in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

We're fighting for relegation. If he isn't up to scratch, why risk him?

We have three attacking options from the bench in Reid, Tomlin and Wilbs.

Pack and GON may well be needed to hold or break up the play as we know Fulham like possession of the ball.

Maggers covers all the back 4 really if needed.

IMO having 4 midfielders who play in the middle is overkill on the bench. 3 would be enough. Why not have 2 strikers on the bench. Reid and Tomlin aren't suited to a 442 anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Another poor team selection by Johnson, experience of O'Neil and creativity of Tomlin needed! 

Tomlin, creative, this season... nah. Couldn't create f all against Rotherham. That was a big game where we needed him. He was wandering, aimlessly and the subs Johnson 'knew not what he was doing with', who start tonight solely won that game. The only things he's created this year are problems  

GON... if I see him start again I would question LJ's selection!!

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

There you go ,the power we have here on OTIB . Makes me proud .

And also I'm on a promise now . :wub:

Be gentle with me Pete .

Always - just don't abuse them! Nothing worse than a forced dunked biscuit with a hot drink. Like a jammy dodger, they don't deserve to be graced with a dunk. 

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

IMO having 4 midfielders who play in the middle is overkill on the bench. 3 would be enough. Why not have 2 strikers on the bench. Reid and Tomlin aren't suited to a 442 anyway. 

Flexibility? We may start 4-4-2 but that may well change. 

If we need more attacking options, bring on Tomlin/Reid and play more 3-5-2.

If we need to shut up, bring in Pack and Wilbs can help hold the line.

But as I say, if Engvall isn't up to it, why have him on the bench. We can't afford any passengers.

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Flexibility? We may start 4-4-2 but that may well change. 

If we need more attacking options, bring on Tomlin/Reid and play more 3-5-2.

If we need to shut up, bring in Pack and Wilbs can help hold the line.

But as I say, if Engvall isn't up to it, why have him on the bench. We can't afford any passengers.

When has that worked this season?.

Archived