IGNORED

Who next?

SecretSam

Pardew has a habit of long losing streaks... and he'd be very expensive. A "no" from me. I'd love to see Hoddle at AG...his teams have always punched their weight at the very least.... and in Swindon's case well exceeded it. Somehow I don't see him coming to BS3. Tisdale? maybe. It'd say something about Lansdowns mindset at the moment if it is. Warnock? Yes please. 'Arry?.... can't see it m'self. Owers? Endeared himself to many, but no experience at this level. Simon Grayson? Would like to see him here but he'd never come to BS3 under current circumstances....which leaves Rowett. He'd want better than us

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Here's my preferred list;

@ChippenhamRed

@LondonBristolian

@29AR

@samo II

@Davefevs

@JoeAman08

or alternatively any-*******-body!

I can exclusively reveal my negotiations with SL have broken down and I don't foresee them resuming.

The whole package was agreed - wages, bonuses etc. - but in the end it came down to the choice of biscuits offered during my meetings with MA, SL or the board. I was adamant they should be providing bourbons or custard creams but they would only offer digestives and not even chocolate ones. So I had no choice but to turn it down.

32 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If the clamour for Owers is based on him being able to spot things that are wrong whilst sat in the stands then you might as well pick any one of the 17,000 or so who were there last night.

I haven't noticed 'a clamour'. Just people saying he's a good addition to the commentary team with his informed analysis.

7 hours ago, lancsred said:

Neil Warnock and immediately.

Has not agreed to stay on at Cardiff until they confirm in writing they will back him in the transfer market, and wants it in writing from Tan, so if he doesn't he can walk out of his contract.

Lansdown it's time to put up or shut up, ambition to get to the Premier League? Prove it.

Get on the phone to Warnock's advisers today and tell them straight, you want him here, preferably now, pay whatever Cardiff want in compensation for the last few months of his contract and tell him straight you will give him full backing and put it in writing.

Let the best problem solver in the business come and sort this shower of shyte out, he wants one final promotion to the top tier before he retires, he would love nothing more than to be the man that sorts this club out and takes them to the top tier, he loves the abuse here but boy he love nothing more to hear our fans chanting his name and making this club the success he has always said is possible.

I like Lee and wish him all the best in the future, but this is a job for a Man and a Man who knows what he is doing, the right man is Neil Warnock.

I've wanted Warnock for years and have openly supported him on here with quite a few unsavoury replies!

I agree with you, obviously, that he is the man for the job. When he was on 'Goals on Sunday' on Sky last weekend he said he told Tan he didn't want any money in the January transfer window as he didn't need anyone at that stage....so is his request to Cardiff, that they put in writing they'll back him in the transfer market, about potential summer activity?

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've wanted Warnock for years and have openly supported him on here with quite a few unsavoury replies!

I agree with you, obviously, that he is the man for the job. When he was on 'Goals on Sunday' on Sky last weekend he said he told Tan he didn't want any money in the January transfer window as he didn't need anyone at that stage....so is his request to Cardiff, that they put in writing they'll back him in the transfer market, about potential summer activity?

Don't know, it was just in a BBC article about his contract talks yesterday it mentions it.

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, what's happened to @GrahamC - is he refusing to post until LJ is sacked?  Missing you, big boy :cool:

Just logged back on mate.

I decided a while ago to try and take a two week break from OTIB, no matter how the results went, as I felt I was just indulging in circular arguments with the same few posters on here. They didn't convince me and I clearly wasn't convincing them.

I have to say I didn't miss it as much as I expected and will (for my sanity's sake if nothing else) probably appear far less on here in the future.

I also (very, very unusually) missed last night's game following a last minute domestic emergency (fortunately all is now resolved) but sadly I was not surprised at all by the latest poor result.

In terms of ineptitude LJ really has to be up there with any City manager I can ever recall and I've been going down to the Gate since well before the current incumbent was even born.

Sadly we are now well into pathetic territory that reminds me a lot of the old sitcom "It ain't half hot Mum" where Windsor Davies used to give one of his utterly useless soldiers special treatment only because he thought that he might be his Dad.

LJ is so embarrassingly out of his depth, spouts inane, meaningless drivel after every game that no rational boss would surely still employ him.

That Steve Lansdown does (and seemingly is prepared to continue to do so) now reflects incredibly badly on him.

Archived