IGNORED

Who next?

SecretSam

Who in their right mind is going to takeover ?

If LJ does get sacked who is going to take on a possible bottom 3 side in the league unless they are offered a wedge of money to keep us up(UNLIKELY) ,so you are looking at another league 1/2 manager or even the Sutton /Lincoln manager with the high profile FA Cup runs.

But has a fan /supporter of BCFC i fear it will be the latter.

I'm sorry to say we are destined for L1 and its too late 

59 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I'd take Peter Reid over this guy 

I would take Susanna Reid a̶n̶y̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ over this clown.

Seriously, Rowett, Warburton, Pearson all have pedigree and strong leadership. We will go for another cheap option who will be forced to keep the same backroom staff and is happy to be Lansdown and Ashton's poodle

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know it's possibly a cheap option but how about someone from this list:

@Olé

@GrahamC

@spudski

@BobBobSuperBob

@JoeAman08

or all 5.

Apologies for missing some of you!

You flatter me Dave but my CV is even less impressive than LJs. Plus I've spent most of my life calling it soccer. I've got some ideas though. Was telling my misses I'm quite sure I could organise a press with my basketball background but I'm out of ideas after that! Maybe enough for assistant head coach though? :thumbsup:

If Lansdown sacks Johnson - and it's a big IF, I think it will be Pembo until the end of the season, then bring in someone who will have a summer to recruit people he wants and a clean slate to work with.

At this stage in the season, it isn't just about taking not taking cheap options and seeking out genuine experience. Many managers don't want the challenge of trying to fight an uphill battle, picking up someone else's mess. Many wouldn't want to blot their CV by going to a club where there's a fair chance of relegation. The ship when we could get a decent field to choose from has already sailed.

33 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If Lansdown sacks Johnson - and it's a big IF, I think it will be Pembo until the end of the season, then bring in someone who will have a summer to recruit people he wants and a clean slate to work with.

At this stage in the season, it isn't just about taking not taking cheap options and seeking out genuine experience. Many managers don't want the challenge of trying to fight an uphill battle, picking up someone else's mess. Many wouldn't want to blot their CV by going to a club where there's a fair chance of relegation. The ship when we could get a decent field to choose from has already sailed.

That really is the worrying thing. Perhaps rather than SL not wanting to get rid of LJ any more, there is no one of sufficient calibre willing to take on the mess we have become, because SL has waited too long to act.

To quote Elton John & Bernie Taupin:

"It's sad, so sad,

It's a sad sad situation,

And it's getting more and more absurd

It's sad, so sad

Why can't we talk it over

Oh it seems to me

That sorry (LJ you're fired) seems to be the hardest word."

4 hours ago, AshtonG666 said:

We need someone who actually motivates the players, gives them confidence and has their respect

These are exactly the manager characteristics that we need.... and Pardew if he'd come would be hard to beat...

As a roughie, someone else in the young, highly motivated and yet unproven mould (if these are still the main selection criteria) who surely would be able to motivate and will certainly have the player's respect could be Ryan Giggs??  Unlikely I know..

Although with SL's dilemma of not knowing whether to give Lee a cuddle or a slap on the arse who knows what'll happen??

If he goes tomorrow.. which I think is possible.. I wonder how the board will handle it.

Would they bring in a short term manager on a big bonus contract for keeping us up? It's at odds with what the club has been stating regarding continuity but wouldn't surprise me in the circumstances.

Or do they go for another manager to buy into the long term strategy? Obviously that would be the preferred option for the board in ideal circumstances but perhaps needs must.

If it were me choosing.. stand out names (in no particular order) would be

Pardew, Redknapp, Hoddle (I feel we maybe need a higher profile manager and Hoddle would be my ideal choice.. all unlikely I think)

Warburton, Pearson, Rowett (perhaps more realistic choices, I think Pearson would be seen as too risky. Can imagine Warburton buying into the system)

Someone from abroad in the David Wagner style or Uwe Rosler (wouldn't surprise me if we go for a continental manager who would slot into the set up. Rosler is another option, knows English football too which is an advantage)

Or someone totally from left field - Neville, Lampard, Darrell Clarke, the Lincoln manager !

5 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Coppell was lied to.

Pardew is the man.

Steve Lansdown talks big. Goes on about Premier League and produces a new developed stadium that everyone gets excited (despite it no longer being ours)

You want big? Then be prepared to pay a wage for an established Manager to take the helm and not always the cheaper option

Exactly this-pay the man the money.

Give it to Rowett till the end of the season. 

Offer enough money to make it hard for him to say no.

If he 'manages' to keep us up..... great, if not we plan for another slog in div 3.

If we like him and he likes us and fancies it, we talk contracts. If there's any doubt from either side, we shake hands and say goodbye.

Maybe in the meantime, we might have been looking around at who might be considered next, just in case.

What could possibly go wrong???

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If he goes tomorrow.. which I think is possible.. I wonder how the board will handle it.

Would they bring in a short term manager on a big bonus contract for keeping us up? It's at odds with what the club has been stating regarding continuity but wouldn't surprise me in the circumstances.

Or do they go for another manager to buy into the long term strategy? Obviously that would be the preferred option for the board in ideal circumstances but perhaps needs must.

If it were me choosing.. stand out names (in no particular order) would be

Pardew, Redknapp, Hoddle (I feel we maybe need a higher profile manager and Hoddle would be my ideal choice.. all unlikely I think)

Warburton, Pearson, Rowett (perhaps more realistic choices, I think Pearson would be seen as too risky. Can imagine Warburton buying into the system)

Someone from abroad in the David Wagner style or Uwe Rosler (wouldn't surprise me if we go for a continental manager who would slot into the set up. Rosler is another option, knows English football too which is an advantage)

Or someone totally from left field - Neville, Lampard, Darrell Clarke, the Lincoln manager !

Unfortunately I don't think he will go.  However, if he were...

Completely left field I know but Hoddle for me.  Although I don't think he'll get it in a month of Sundays.  That's someone I honestly believe would fit the clubs 'blueprint', I really do.  I think he'd be happy to let others do the scouting etc., as long as he's in charge of the coaching/first team.  Someone will take a punt on him one day and will be well rewarded.

Others that I would be happy with in no particular order:

Paul Hartley

Uwe Rosler

Nigel Adkins

Nigel Pearson

Rowett - bit meh for me, but ....

Warburton (see Rowett)

Pardew (although I'm not totally enamored with him

9 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Give it to Rowett till the end of the season. 

Offer enough money to make it hard for him to say no.

If he 'manages' to keep us up..... great, if not we plan for another slog in div 3.

If we like him and he likes us and fancies it, we talk contracts. If there's any doubt from either side, we shake hands and say goodbye.

Maybe in the meantime, we might have been looking around at who might be considered next, just in case.

What could possibly go wrong???

I think Rowett's stock is too high to entertain a deal like that. It's usually the type of deal you give a relegation firefighter who's been around the block and isn't that fashionable a name.. Pulis, Warnock, Allerdyce

5 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Unfortunately I don't think he will go.  However, if he were...

Completely left field I know but Hoddle for me.  Although I don't think he'll get it in a month of Sundays.  That's someone I honestly believe would fit the clubs 'blueprint', I really do.  I think he'd be happy to let others do the scouting etc., as long as he's in charge of the coaching/first team.  Someone will take a punt on him one day and will be well rewarded.

Others that I would be happy with in no particular order:

Paul Hartley

Uwe Rosler

Nigel Adkins

Nigel Pearson

Rowett - bit meh for me, but ....

Warburton (see Rowett)

Pardew (although I'm not totally enamored with him

I would love Hoddle, think it would put us on the map as a club.

I loved Hartley as a player and have followed his career as a manager a bit; I think he might be a bit too settled in Scotland and then there's the obvious issue of experience.. like McInnes/Johnson. Have a good feeling about him as a manager and he'd definitely command respect. I wouldn't mess with him as a player!

Think Rowett is probably most likely but admittedly don't know much about what he's like as a manager.. deeper than results; signings, style of football, management style etc.

As SL has left it so late to bring in someone who could have used the January transfer window then he needs a man manager for the duration of this season.  Someone who is a motivator and can bring the best of existing players and then SL can review things in the summer.  All that matters for this season is staying up.  The one who has the best CV for that is Warnock who is already tied to Cardiff.    Rednapp is a more riskier possibility who would be a motivator but usually gets results by bringing in players.  If Warnock is not available then the best case scenario might be Pembo and bringing Wade back until the end of the season.  What we don't need is a manager who says he needs three transfer windows to make an impact.

47 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Who would be your choice? I think it's Jon Lansdown's turn to pick this time.. SL went last time, Keith Dawe picked Cotterill!

Rowett is my number one choice, but if what was said in another thread and Redknapp is interested then you got to go for him, he's a big name people are crying out for,

Archived