IGNORED

David Cotterill

Dastardly and Muttley

13 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Doesn't it say everything that our best player over the last few games has been Cotts?

An average Championship player who was made available by an average championship team has come in and shown our players up.

Thank you Cotts for at least putting some effort in.

Quite ironic really. I found myself in an debate tonight. We're the person said cotterill was our worst player on loan for a long time. Bollocks 

Every time he or Joe were ready to put the cross over, they had to stop, look up then wait 10 minutes for someone to get in the friggin box. We sit too deep. We give too much space. And until those BASICS are sorted we are in deep sh1te.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

to be fair right, that was one of the few things he actually got right

In that case I apologise. 

Wasn't able to attend last night due to starting work at 3am this morning, but I'm amazed he actually got anything right as it sounded like we got played off the park for 90 minutes at home. 

And quite frankly refuse to attend now until brain dead LJ is gone. 

33 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

In that case I apologise. 

Wasn't able to attend last night due to starting work at 3am this morning, but I'm amazed he actually got anything right as it sounded like we got played off the park for 90 minutes at home. 

And quite frankly refuse to attend now until brain dead LJ is gone. 

no need to apologise mike, Mathews shouldn't f started Vyner should of,

I thought Cotterill had a poor game.  But nobody covered themselves in glory and the "tactics" were utterly perplexing.  I would like to see Dave Cotterill get a decent chance in a settled side because he does seem to have the steel that we have been missing in most of our loans/buys.

11 hours ago, Lucan said:

In fairness Matthews put in a Nicky Hunt level of performance at RB

Did he? I'm not a Matthews fan at all (courting his signature was one of the biggest wastes of time imo) but he was one of the only players to put a tackle in in the first half and did a fair bit of tracking back

Cotterill has played better than last night for City - he knows his own game and limitations, we need to play to his (& Djuric's) strengths by going a lot more direct

4 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

Did he? I'm not a Matthews fan at all (courting his signature was one of the biggest wastes of time imo) but he was one of the only players to put a tackle in in the first half and did a fair bit of tracking back

Cotterill has played better than last night for City - he knows his own game and limitations, we need to play to his (& Djuric's) strengths by going a lot more direct

he put 1 tackle in, then was caught out of position more time then I've been pissed, getting ripped to shreds and out muscled by a 16 year old couldn't pass to a red shirt even if both teams played in red,

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he put 1 tackle in, then was caught out of position more time then I've been pissed, getting ripped to shreds and out muscled by a 16 year old couldn't pass to a red shirt even if both teams played in red,

Agree, he did put in one tackle, and that one tackle - credit where it's due - was very good. After that he was appalling and there was nothing redeeming about him whatsoever. Pack his bags and just get rid now. There's no reason to keep him here, I'd rather see Matty Taylor line up right back than that streak of piss.

Thought Cotterill was our best player last night while he was being played in the right position. I have no idea what formation we finished with but he seemed to be moved to a wing back/full back. Also was I dreaming it or did Bailey Wright suddenly become a right winger with about 10 minutes to go??

So what about the other new signings then chaps? 

Wright

Taylor

Djuric

Hegeler

Giefer

Were they all rubbish last night? How is that even remotely possible? Have they also stopped playing for the Gaffer just one month into their City careers? Have the Chaebol mullered them post match if they even played remotely well?

Maybe Cotts can stand up for himself or is simply not having any of it.

The mind boggles what goes on behind the scenes really.

So much for the upturn in fortunes when we brought all those in and opened the new changing rooms. 

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't know why, but I thought that he had been released by Birmingham

Seems he is getting back in the side and possibly will line up against us this weekend?

COTTERILL SCOUTING REPORT

I must admit I thought the same thing .

Oh well , we will know what we're up against if he plays Saturday.

His loan spell was bizarre here. Famously ' world beater one match , panel beater the next ' . He just seemed to fizzle out .

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I must admit I thought the same thing .

Oh well , we will know what we're up against if he plays Saturday.

His loan spell was bizarre here. Famously ' world beater one match , panel beater the next ' . He just seemed to fizzle out .

Looked as hard as nails with a wicked cross on him.

And then someone pointed out that he hadn't made one tackle in 90 minutes....

Not really the all-round player we thought he was.

Archived