IGNORED

Lansdown is a FOOL if LJ is here tomorrow

Benjam!n Ultra

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I don't like the SL knocking but he does need to act. I think we are down regardless but LJ won't be the answer in L1.

He took Barnsley to the foot of League 1 before the revival which I honestly believe had a lot to do with Barnsley's current manager.

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

I will never forgive Lansdown if we go down. He has let emotions rule his head and it is him that is relegating us. 

The LJ appointment for me was wrong. I'd have left Pembo in charge as he was the one who stabalized the club after the SC sacking.

Just now, ernie goodthing said:

Looking at it from SL's perspective, it will cost him nearly 4 years of Johnson' s pay in compo, just to prove to everyone that he (SL) doesn't really know what he is doing.  You can see why he might be reluctant...

He's an even bigger fool if his contract has to be paid in full, given the current form. 

1 minute ago, ernie goodthing said:

Looking at it from SL's perspective, it will cost him nearly 4 years of Johnson' s pay in compo, just to prove to everyone that he (SL) doesn't really know what he is doing.  You can see why he might be reluctant...

Did you see how empty the stadium was on 80 minutes? It'll be like that at the start of games if we go down.

9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Did you see how empty the stadium was on 80 minutes? It'll be like that at the start of games if we go down.

Yup, I did look around and think to myself this could be one of our biggest crowds next season. All that hope, all that expectation evaporated. I've done with League One, we just cannot go back there again. I don't know what the answer is but it feels we have put ourself years behind now. Yet another failure, so sad, so Bristol City. I really wasn't aiming for much this season, just to consolidate.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Yup, I did look around and think to myself this could be one of our biggest crowds next season. All that hope, all that expectation evaporated. I've done with League One, we just cannot go back there again. I don't know what the answer is but it feels we have put ourself years behind now. Yet another failure, so sad, so Bristol City. I really wasn't aiming for much this season, just to consolidate.

And with our resources watching the likes of PNE, Barnsley, Huddersfield and Brentford makes it so much worse. My only consolation is that I've seen us play top flight football. If I hadn't I'd be even more annoyed as it's not going to happen again soon.

Yes, Lansdown is a fool - a stubborn, incompetent fool. I'm getting weary of repeating myself on this subject but I'll keep banging this drum because it's the truth.

Lee Johnson was a bad appointment, as has been proven with our catastrophic form since October. But, as a poster above said, it would appear SL is more interested in saving face than saving this club from the drop. 

Come on, Steve - be a man and admit you got it wrong for the Nth time. What happens from here on in is all on you, Mr Billionaire.

15 minutes ago, cityironman said:

I think that his fear of losing face is overruling any semblance of common sense to be honest

It's a finance thing, hold onto the stock in the hope it becomes good again and you save face.  Hung round too many City (London) boys and that's become his mindset.  Sometimes you need to cut your losses a and unfortunately that point was about 8 weeks ago.

It's like the gambler that just keeps betting on red at the roulette table because they will win soon and be able to throw their hands in the air ignoring their previous losses.

Just listened to LJ's post match interview on official BCFC Player. I feel that there are probably 3 dressing rooms at the club and LJ has created that.

There are far too many players now. Whilst I know we had to strengthen the side, we got promoted with 16 players with Cotts and had a very tight knit squad. Our Club is like 3 Clubs in 1 and Johnson's comments tonight indicated that he will pick "another side" for Saturday who will run around and get tight to players - this just highlights that he doesn't really know what he is doing.

We will then lose at Newcastle and then he will blame them and then pick another set of players for Villa!

I expect Pack, Vyner, Patterson, O'Dowda and some others will be in the starting 11 on Saturday. Flint will play of course! :laugh:

It's a joke!

22 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yep, our attendances have actually been better than our performances have deserved this season (still a bit of afterglow from the promotion season when - Sod's law - reduced capacity meant tickets were tough to obtain?) - look at some of the other clubs' crowds in comparison.

If we do go down, and with this form I really don't see how we can avoid it - And have a poor start next season (as is the tradition when we get relegated) then we could be back to the days of 12-13,000.

All that progress completely negated. I hope I'm wrong but if it does come to pass then I predict there will be a fair few more questioning the direction we are going under SL.

1 minute ago, Red_Wizard said:

If he was going to be sacked. Think it would of happened earlier. As much as he needs to go, I don't think he will. League 1 it is through my scope.

And a bloody awful L1 manager he'll be with a group of highly paid players who don't want to play in that division.

34 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

If he was going to be sacked. Think it would of happened earlier. As much as he needs to go, I don't think he will. League 1 it is through my scope.

Newcastle will make mincemeat of City, it'll be carnage and after the inevitable thrashing not even someone as arrogant as Lansdown could ignore the clamour for  Johnson's head.

He'll be toast by the end of the month. Bigger question is where we go from here.

Steve Lansdown, you are wasting your money. Instead of repeatedly employing up-and-coming managers (McInnes, Johnson junior) or journeymen lower league managers - and paying loads of money after they fail - get someone tried and tested at a higher level in who will command dressing room respect. If you want to be a top club start acting like one. But...deep down inside I suspect that Lansdown does not really want City in the Prem. He's happy to be the big fish in a small pond. Go up and it costs him too much money or he gets bought out by some foreign group. it's a plaything for him. We are never going to get out of the Championship except downwards. He'd rather we went down than up - low-table in the Championship is the ideal. Sorry - seen too much..

Archived