IGNORED

Tom Cairney

MC RISK77

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

All this talk about best number 10s in the league, look no further than this man. Played quite deep tonight for large stretches as well and absolutely picked us apart. However, that's much easier to do when you have people make runs!!

This is why tomlin hasnt been effective for us. Because the movement and options around him is shyte.

48 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Maybe not what some might want to hear or discuss after that shambles tonight, but what a player this guy is absolutely ran the show

42 minutes ago, Spoons said:

The amount of time and space he was given to run the game was a joke. I would have looked good playing against city tonight! 

He also worked effin' hard too....not just a fancy left foot.

i did say the other day that 1) Cairney had a fantastic left foot (better than Pringle and Garbutt of the left footers I've seen of late at AG) and 2) if we don't close them, Cairney and MacDonald will run the midfield.  Did LJ know that?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He also worked effin' hard too....not just a fancy left foot.

i did say the other day that 1) Cairney had a fantastic left foot (better than Pringle and Garbutt of the left footers I've seen of late at AG) and 2) if we don't close them, Cairney and MacDonald will run the midfield.  Did LJ know that?

Yes he did. Second half joe Bryan was almost man marking him, but the damage was already done. 

48 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Was like a reversal from the weekend. We were Fulham and Fulham were Tottenham.

My thoughts exactly...they were different class all over the pitch, playing with energy and style and above all pace. Joy to watch at times...and to think I sort of hoped we'd be playing that way some time soon...

26 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

This is why tomlin hasnt been effective for us. Because the movement and options around him is shyte.

I'll give you that. Tomlin has gotten to me though. He's been taking that extra touch far too often and trying to be a one man show at times. Even he isn't good enough for that. Had a chance to shoot tonight and took an extra touch and was tackled and a counter attack started. That pretty much summed up his season for me. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'll give you that. Tomlin has gotten to me though. He's been taking that extra touch far too often and trying to be a one man show at times. Even he isn't good enough for that. Had a chance to shoot tonight and took an extra touch and was tackled and a counter attack started. That pretty much summed up his season for me. 

Sometimes he just needs to keep the ball moving, give it off, take up a new position and get it back.  Repeat.  That's what he did last season.  This season, he's Mr Hollywood everytime.  You've probably seen my other threads, he's not even in the 18 for me.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sometimes he just needs to keep the ball moving, give it off, take up a new position and get it back.  Repeat.  That's what he did last season.  This season, he's Mr Hollywood everytime.  You've probably seen my other threads, he's not even in the 18 for me.

Not mine either. Said on another thread I cringed when he got the applause he did when he came on. I expected nothing and received nothing. He was anonymous but so was everyone else. I'm not sure who's in my 18 but I have a few that wouldn't be and he's one. 

Another one I've been critical of is GON. Was actually good to see him out there tonight and did a few things I would've expected from him. Few good tackles and some good passes. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Another one I've been critical of is GON. Was actually good to see him out there tonight and did a few things I would've expected from him. Few good tackles and some good passes. 

I obviously have no reliable stats to back up my view, but if we've won many tackles this season where they've been 60:40 in the opposition favour, I bet GON has made more than anyone else.  We need him for the next 14 games.

Archived