IGNORED

LJ's Post Match Interview

Ecko

Don't think Lee Johnson is vile, or arrogant, just a guy in the wrong job. The blokes on the pitch aren't exactly delivering either. The whole setup seems badly wrong and it's funny how players seem to be happier and find their skills when they move to other clubs. That IS down to bad management. Hard to see how the squad can recover without strong new leadership.

I've no idea where to the post this....there's quite a choice of threads.

Last night's performance was one of the most lacklustre and tactically inept I've seen in 30 years.  Fulham were pretty good but someone must have paid them to keep the score sensible.  City were in such disarray that a decent team might have walked 5 goals into our net.  At times, I couldn't work out if we were only playing about 7 outfield players - nobody closed down and nobody supported going forward.  It was really, really bad.

For the first time this season, we looked broken.  As soon as Fulham scored their first goal it was clearly all over.

Lee Johnson will go.  He won't turn this around.  Sometimes the performance is far more significant than the result and last night proved that the players have had enough.  What worries me now is whether the next first team coach or manager will be able to lift this squad to get the three or four wins that we need.  If we don't don't get that honeymoon period then we should be relegated - we're really no better than Rotherham.

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It was obvious why we were so lacking in energy..........we had only 8 days rest between games.   Poor babies must be exhausted?

You know what ? I can believe that they are exhausted even with 8 day's rest because when you are depressed it hangs like a wet, black woolen cloak dragging you down into the mire and sapping every ounce of light and energy out of you .

These lads need help quickly and SL must absolutely bring in a new head coach to release them from their and our agony.

9 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Vile man. Abhorrent arrogant bastard. 

Emotions are very raw at the moment because we all care the club do much, and it's obvious that you do.

But comments like this are unnecessary and unfair and are usually spouted about men like Warnock, Allardyce, Pearson and Redknapp by people on here who haven't a clue about their real personalities.

Lee has just really struggled in a job for which he wasn't ready....that's all

17 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It was obvious why we were so lacking in energy..........we had only 8 days rest between games.   Poor babies must be exhausted?

I know it wouldn't have been as full out as a league match but didn't he say they had a match up st the training pitches Saturday. The one advantage we had was we had played at the weekend and then they do this

10 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I've supported him until recently. After 8 days to get his tactics right why did we only play with 2 central midfielders against a team that try to pass through you, then drag joe inside after about twenty minutes gone and push Taylor out wide ? 

I agree , I think we're down . 

100% agree with you his tactics and selections are baffling and they have been for long time now ! 

Just highlighting some lines from this post-match interview:

“We were just too far off them – that was the bit that was frustrating,” - Like we are every game

“Not at any point do we say ‘let’s sit deep and let people play" - Well we've been allowing that all season, and at no point have you coached the players to apply pressure to the opposition.

“I understand the fans’ frustration because the players and myself are the same." - Not sure I agree with that, it's the same week in week out.

“In the first half, although we were down on possession, opportunities were probably even." - Are you have a giraffe?

“The fans were obviously disappointed at half-time but we tried to give it an injection of energy, because that was lacking – the bite to get close to somebody." - Tried to? What was so different in the second half?

“It gives me a very simple team selection for Saturday because we need that bite in midfield." - Unless you've reincarnated Norman Hunter in his younger days, it does not matter what team you put out, they do not want to play for you.

2 hours ago, Xiled said:

I've no idea where to the post this....there's quite a choice of threads.

Last night's performance was one of the most lacklustre and tactically inept I've seen in 30 years.  Fulham were pretty good but someone must have paid them to keep the score sensible.  City were in such disarray that a decent team might have walked 5 goals into our net.  At times, I couldn't work out if we were only playing about 7 outfield players - nobody closed down and nobody supported going forward.  It was really, really bad.

For the first time this season, we looked broken.  As soon as Fulham scored their first goal it was clearly all over.

Lee Johnson will go.  He won't turn this around.  Sometimes the performance is far more significant than the result and last night proved that the players have had enough.  What worries me now is whether the next first team coach or manager will be able to lift this squad to get the three or four wins that we need.  If we don't don't get that honeymoon period then we should be relegated - we're really no better than Rotherham.

While I've seen very many worse performances in 30 years, and even experienced many worse seasons, the highlighted sentence is absolutely spot on. 

We looked broken. 

97 minutes of football? We wouldn't have forced a point if we had played for 197 minutes.

Archived