IGNORED

He will be sacked tomorrow

Lord Northski

12 minutes ago, Oops said:

Stop with these ******* shit puns please, getting really annoying that every thread is hijacked by people desperately trying to be hilarious.

Chill. There is alot of negativity on this forum at present and understandably so, but no need to get precious over a few puns. We will do them more quietly in future, maybe with a Wispa.

26 minutes ago, Oops said:

Stop with these ******* shit puns please, getting really annoying that every thread is hijacked by people desperately trying to be hilarious.

I agree with you, it's not clever and it's not funny. The problem is how much can you go on about relegation and sacking him? 

Anyway I'm thinking of putting a Bounty on Johnson's head if anyone's interested. I'll start with a Dime .......

Hundreds and thousands of City fans know that Johnson's taking us to the next level when half our decent players (although we've all forgotten who they are) will want to leave at bargain basement prices. We'll then spend another few seasons fighting relegation to the fourth tier of English football before someone else takes us up again and we start this whole saga all over again.

We've all heard the story of the old man who died peacefully in his sleep, unlike his passengers...... Well, on this occasion Mr Lansdown we're the passengers and you're the driver and everybody is trying to revive you.

12 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Okay so if we agree that the only way that an owner can make money from football is to be in the Premier League why did we appoint someone as manager with so little track record of achieving anything in management? Huge and unnecessary gamble which is backfiring spectacularly.

6 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Why the hell did he offer the contract in the first place? I don't know any fan who thought that was a sensible move at that stage?!!! The first of many strange decisions! Another one was continuing with LJ through the January transfer window when it was apparent months before that the wheels were off and we were derailing badly! Nobody outside of Bristol understands what exactly we are trying to achieve?!!!!

4 hours ago, BCFC_Mike said:

The contract extension was the most baffling things I've witnessed since LJ took over. 

SL needs to admit he got it wrong and pay the man off for the good of the club. 

A lot of people think we had started our losing streak and the side had not been playing well, there were rumblings in the squad/dressing room so the club extended Lees contract as a "we back Lee he's going nowhere" to the players.

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Unfortunately, I think Lee is cutting his teeth at a level that is too high, and that he is unable to cope because of a lack of experience.

In our promotion season we played a certain way all season and got promotion. In all possibility, there was not enough playing and managerial talent at that level to counter it. We had a plan A, we stuck to it and it worked at that level. (I appreciate Lee wasn't manager then).

In the championship we need to have more than a plan A. We did so well at the start of the season because in effect we were an unknown, we had decent players and we played a certain way. But there is playing and managerial talent at this level who will find you out and counter your style of playing, and as soon as we were "found out" we started to fail. We had no plan B.

The players are good enough to be at least a top ten team but unfortunately, I do not think Lee has enough Managerial experience to cope with this level at this moment in time.

He'll come good, but I think this job came too early for him.

That mate, is a very reasonable, fair-minded way of looking at the Johnson situation. All I would add is that if we are apportioning blame about our position in the Championship then most of it has to go to SL for appointing him.

It will not be the crucifixion that Tinman suffered (because Johnson is tougher in some ways) but it is the same scenario of someone being set up by an unwise decision for a massive failure. 

4 minutes ago, Jacki said:

And still some people say that we are knee jerkers for wanting him out!

There's a number of obvious 'missing' posters last night and today

Spoooooooky

:whistle:

You know the ones , the ones that accuse people of 'dissapearing' 'when things are going well'

(In fairness , whenever they came out with that crap I always thought    Blimey you must have a good long term memory !) 

Hey I've been missing, purely because I don't want to gloat - only one of many who did not believe that LJ had it in him to make the grade and was not afraid to voice it - last night all those near me who told me I was wrong last year were screaming Johnson out!

I did agree but not while the lads were still playing!

Archived