IGNORED

He will be sacked tomorrow

Lord Northski

SL is the main speaker at the business breakfast this Friday about his career in both financial services and running the football club. He clearly has to fire him as 12 points from 63 is enough to get every manager fired and SL isn't going to want most of the room thinking he lacks credibility and isn't prepared to make difficult business decisions, especially if they're going to be investing their money through Hargreaves Lansdown. 

SL will want this put to bed tomorrow rather than risk it all kicking off and railroading Fridays meeting. Bet he wishes he wasn't down to be the speaker, although it does mean he's in town tomorrow to sack LJ

It's a real shame as it had all started so well, but we are where we are. 

47 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not sure he's going to be willing to pay up a 4 year contract at somewhere between a quarter and a half a million a year though.

Would make for a rather interesting key note speech though. "And so Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you this one piece of advise when you plan your route forward in financial services; be agile and nimble and therefore able to make fast decisions unlike that berk at Bristol City who locked down a hapless and hopeless manager on an extended 4 year contract midway through a horrendous losing streak... I'd like to get him up here and give him an ear full"

Like most of us from our green and pleasant land Steve Lansdown is nothing if not deferential. It is what makes us mostly a nice people. Nice but dim at times as well.

3 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I saw a box of Texan bars for sale in a garage oop North a month or so ago. Haven't seen them down here for years though. :(

What was the 'best before date' ? 

1985 or 2005 ? Either way a bit stale...

Texan was a nougat/toffee bar covered with chocolate, manufactured during the 1970s and 1980s. It was withdrawn from sale in the 1980s but was briefly re-launched as a limited edition by Nestlé in 2005 during a wave of sweet-related nostalgia.

Just now, havanatopia said:

What was the 'best before date' ? 

1985 or 2005 ? Either way a bit stale...

Texan was a nougat/toffee bar covered with chocolate, manufactured during the 1970s and 1980s. It was withdrawn from sale in the 1980s but was briefly re-launched as a limited edition by Nestlé in 2005 during a wave of sweet-related nostalgia.

Just as well I didn't buy one then Havana! I don't think my teeth could handle them anymore anyway. It certainly looked like a box of Texan bars WTGR but I must have been wrong. 

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

He sould take some Time Out.

Preferably by taking a trip to the milky way, should be a long enough journey 

I'm giving up on puns now, its distracting me from my beginners Monorail driving for stoats lessons. (I'm going to have to extend the controls, v.tiny arms the little buggers,  more to this than i'd thought)

17 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I agree, can everyone stop and get the thread back on Topic. Thanks :)

Back on Topic, I think Lansdown maybe be sticking rather than twisting, he's left it too far late now and think he'll be stubborn enough to see this through.

(This post is based on the fact I'm wrong about everything so here's hoping :fingerscrossed:)

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not sure he's going to be willing to pay up a 4 year contract at somewhere between a quarter and a half a million a year though.

That still won't come close to eating into the JK money, of course he will. What's his alternative, tell us all how great value our STs will be in League 1?

I had Fulham fans the whole way back telling me the "Sky Fulham reporter" (is there such a thing? would be a bit of a tragic life if you were) was certain LJ would go in the next 48 hours. I explained that this had been going on for months and it was more likely he would hold a press conference and find ways to undermine anyone else with a pulse he could get away with implicating. I reckon I'm right, but I told the Fulham fans I'll buy them a drink if it turns out Lee has done the honourable thing and quietly and professionally developed a time machine and then gone back six weeks and then quit.

15 minutes ago, Olé said:

I had Fulham fans the whole way back telling me the "Sky Fulham reporter" (is there such a thing? would be a bit of a tragic life if you were) was certain LJ would go in the next 48 hours. I explained that this had been going on for months and it was more likely he would hold a press conference and find ways to undermine anyone else with a pulse he could get away with implicating. I reckon I'm right, but I told the Fulham fans I'll buy them a drink if it turns out Lee has done the honourable thing and quietly and professionally developed a time machine and then gone back six weeks and then quit.

I trust you collected all of their phone numbers so that you can make good on your offer? !!

Archived