IGNORED

He will be sacked tomorrow

Lord Northski

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not sure he's going to be willing to pay up a 4 year contract at somewhere between a quarter and a half a million a year though.

If SL can't see that paying out £2million is a much better option than keeping that clown on for four more years, you have to doubt his business skills.

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Its simple....pay him off or accept relegation, surely even SL can see that has to be out of the question.

I like sl and his principles, but sorry he is a smart man he must surely see this.

The only logical conclusion if LJ remains is that SL isn't bothered about dropping to league one.  It will only make a small dent in the ghastly 'project' and save him money as a bonus

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not sure he's going to be willing to pay up a 4 year contract at somewhere between a quarter and a half a million a year though.

Why the hell did he offer the contract in the first place? I don't know any fan who thought that was a sensible move at that stage?!!! The first of many strange decisions! Another one was continuing with LJ through the January transfer window when it was apparent months before that the wheels were off and we were derailing badly! Nobody outside of Bristol understands what exactly we are trying to achieve?!!!!

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

If SL can't see that paying out £2million is a much better option than keeping that clown on for four more years, you have to doubt his business skills.

we would lose much more than £2m in tv revenue, player values (I hesitate to call them assets) and ticket sales combined if we get relegated.

3 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Oow! I was going to use Snickers in my pun.

Let's try not to get our snickers in a twirl of he doesn't go today. 

If you thought getting shot of LJ would be a picnic then expect us to  fudge the issue, as usual.

Like everyone else I'd be delighted if Johnson was sacked today but I can't see it happening.

LJ was Lansdowns choice so to dismiss him would be another embarrassing managerial failure from SL.

Add to that SLs lackie Mark Ashton bigging LJ up as "a young sought after coach" and he has even more egg on his face.

36 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Why the hell did he offer the contract in the first place? I don't know any fan who thought that was a sensible move at that stage?!!! The first of many strange decisions! Another one was continuing with LJ through the January transfer window when it was apparent months before that the wheels were off and we were derailing badly! Nobody outside of Bristol understands what exactly we are trying to achieve?!!!!

Do you think anybody in Bristol is exactly clear what "we" are trying to achieve?? I can't say that many City or rugby club fans are particularly happy at the moment as both teams look relegation-bound. The Gate will be a big echoey empty-looking place next season. Was that the masterplan of SL & BS?

One thing is for sure -It's one almighty Fudge up!

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Like everyone else I'd be delighted if Johnson was sacked today but I can't see it happening.

LJ was Lansdowns choice so to dismiss him would be another embarrassing managerial failure from SL.

Add to that SLs lackie Mark Ashton bigging LJ up as "a young sought after coach" and he has even more egg on his face.

Surely more egg if there chosen one gets relegated. Surely facing an empty stadium in league one is more of a worry

Let’s take some TIMEOUT to consider the WISPAs ECHOing around the Three LIONs BAR, indicating that SL had taken the CRUNCH decision to sack LJ.

We could be in for some TREETS if we appoint the right man, but lets hope is not that to55er Holloway from BANJO island or that annoying YORKIE Mick McCarthy.

Tomlin is our STAR, BAR none, but he could only raise a RIPPLE of APPLAUSE last night.

So, whilst SL and the board CHEWIT over, I hope the rest of Bristol Sport’s season is KINDER, EGG chasers included.

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To not sack him and relegate us with a shiny new 27,000 seater stadium would be a more embarrassing managerial failure I would suspect. Time to set personal pride aside, admit it hasn't worked and roll the dice on someone new. If he doesn't then the accusations that he put his pride over the good of the club would be difficult to argue against.

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I have a horrible feeling you might be right.

My only hope I have is that last night's toxic atmosphere and Johnson out chants might force SL and MA to act. It's happened in the past.... when the fans turn like that there's very rarely a way back.

If he stays I have absolutely no doubt we will be relegated. 

8 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

SL is the main speaker at the business breakfast this Friday about his career in both financial services and running the football club.

I'd be looking forward to the section in which he reveals the secrets of the "Lansdown touch" - turning gold into base metals.

12 minutes ago, ploppy said:

To not sack him and relegate us with a shiny new 27,000 seater stadium would be a more embarrassing managerial failure I would suspect. Time to set personal pride aside, admit it hasn't worked and roll the dice on someone new. If he doesn't then the accusations that he put his pride over the good of the club would be difficult to argue against.

You're absolutely spot on but............:facepalm:

Archived