IGNORED

Rowett

steviestevieneville

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Please get this bloke in charge.

apparently a very good man manager which is what is needed to get this squad gelling. He had Birmingham punching above their weight. 

He doesn't play the silkiest of football but knows how to organise a side. Exactly what we need imo. 

Have a hunch he will be high on our list 

May have been sounded out

Whether we've left it too late to entice him ?

Asking a lot for anyone to get us out of this

Left it far too late 

( I'm still trying to work out 'We havnt been in the relegation zone (yet) but get rid if we do drop in there <logic> !!!!! - WTF is that all about ??????? )

Just now, JHAGa said:

Overrated. Will go down a similar route to LJ and McInnes if appointed I reckon.

Yeah, got Birmingham within a shout of the play-offs with a small budget and a rocky backroom, but overrated really. The outrage from the Birmingham fans when he got the chop was probably fake news too.

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Yeah, got Birmingham within a shout of the play-offs with a small budget and a rocky backroom, but overrated really. The outrage from the Birmingham fans when he got the chop was probably fake news too.

Did a good job at Birmingham but will fail here like many others that have have come before him. Need an experienced manager.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Did a good job at Birmingham but will fail here like many others that have have come before him. Need an experienced manager.

"Did a good job at Birmingham", turned Burton into promotion contenders in League 2. Can you just spell out when exactly he became overrated? I must have missed it.

Punching above their weight? there history including fairly recent history makes ours look a bit pathetic really surely?

His stock is very high at the moment as well so he can be choosy although im not sure hes a good fit for us anyway.

9 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Punching above their weight? there history including fairly recent history makes ours look a bit pathetic really surely?

His stock is very high at the moment as well so he can be choosy although im not sure hes a good fit for us anyway.

Their even more recent history includes being 10 minutes away from League 1, and having an owner whose assets were frozen while he did time in prison.

I think he'd be a great fit. He's used to working within constrains of a tight budget, and will probably be used to dealing with the expectations of fans with delusions of grandeur.

but I only see one problem. LJ ain't going anywhere. We're heading to league one again with mr landsdown asleep at the wheel. I always thought that LJ would get the chop as soon as we dip into the relegation zone but I just have a nagging feeling that even if we get relegated he will still be in a job. 

Only way he'll leave is if the situation becomes too toxic with protests in the ground etc.

Maybe he didn't play the silkiest of football because of the players he had?? We have some decent players and I cannot really imagine direct hoof ball with half decent players who can pass the ball, just because Birmingham played to their strengths. May need to be more direct at first to get results, and at the moment most fans would accept any football that keeps us in the Championship.

18 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Maybe he didn't play the silkiest of football because of the players he had?? We have some decent players and I cannot really imagine direct hoof ball with half decent players who can pass the ball, just because Birmingham played to their strengths. May need to be more direct at first to get results, and at the moment most fans would accept any football that keeps us in the Championship.

Quite right WR. The thought of going back to League 1 is sickening so I'll take any style to keep us up. If we did stay up I'd also take any type of football that allowed us to consolidate in this league for a season or two as well if it meant we didn't have to go through this $hitstorm every year! Although from what I saw of  Rowett's teams' play it was nowhere near the worst I've seen. Not by a long shot! 

Surely any decent manager will play to their strengths, Rowett got points with what he had at his disposal. To basically say he wouldn't be any good with better players who can, and want to pass the ball on the ground is a bit of a stab in the dark. Maybe he won't but the jobs he has done in the past I think he deserves more of a chance than our current man.

There is one thing to be on a bad run if you can see some light at the end of the tunnel, but bar one half against Derby (where nobody could work out where it came from), where is the next hope coming from? 

Archived