IGNORED

Millen to help out LJ

headhunter

Deemed surplus to requirements at Palace by Sam Allardyce last month good old Keef was a spectator at this evening's debacle.

He has form as SL's typically cheap go to option in a crisis. 

Back in 2004 when rookie manager Brian Tinnion clearly needed experienced help it was SL who appointed Millen as his Assistant.

Then in 2010 after GJ's player's revolt enforced sacking it was Millen who made a decent fist of keeping City in the Championship losing only one of the 9 games he was in charge.

In the Summer of 2010 Steve Coppell was made manager but not allowed to bring his team of Wally Downes and Nicky Hammond with him. Keith remained in an Assistant capacity and when Coppell resigned after just 3 games the great survivor began a 15 month spell at the helm before being replaced by McInnes.

As a bloke Millen's OK but were he to walk through the door as the man to help I would tear my hair out!!!

Could he return does anybody think he could help?

Only ever as an assistant but I hope not even that unless Pardew comes in and then he would have my blessing.

Not saying I am advocating those two but as most of us now realise Dumpy the Elephant would do a better job than Lee Johnson. Sounds harsh writing that, perhaps very harsh, but never have I been more convinced about anything connected with football. :)

Our manager picked the line up today and in 90m he changed formation at least 3 times, and he wasn't forced to out of injury at any point. Almost wholly throughout we were second best and didn't threaten, against a team pretty middling for this division: despite that tinkering  

Sorry, it's not more or different backroom staff that's needed. It's a new manager. 

6 hours ago, 29AR said:

Our manager picked the line up today and in 90m he changed formation at least 3 times, and he wasn't forced to out of injury at any point. Almost wholly throughout we were second best and didn't threaten, against a team pretty middling for this division: despite that tinkering  

Sorry, it's not more or different backroom staff that's needed. It's a new manager. 

2nd half there wasn't a formation....

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

No. No. No.  If anyone at the club believes that LJ is in need of help it's an admission that they don't believe he's up to the job.  Ergo he should go.  

This.

BCFC is not and should never be a place for managers to "learn their trade". If they arent up for it, **** off. 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So a guy that failed as a manager should come in and teach a guy who is failing as a manager. Id rather just get a good manager in. 

By that same logic we shouldn't have Tins working with the youth set up either then?

Millen should never have been made the manager imo although he did bring in some decent players in that time and I wanted it to work for him more than anyone as he's such a great bloke. Just doesn't have what's required to be a manager sadly.

6 hours ago, headhunter said:

Deemed surplus to requirements at Palace by Sam Allardyce last month good old Keef was a spectator at this evening's debacle.

He has form as SL's typically cheap go to option in a crisis. 

Back in 2004 when rookie manager Brian Tinnion clearly needed experienced help it was SL who appointed Millen as his Assistant.

Then in 2010 after GJ's player's revolt enforced sacking it was Millen who made a decent fist of keeping City in the Championship losing only one of the 9 games he was in charge.

In the Summer of 2010 Steve Coppell was made manager but not allowed to bring his team of Wally Downes and Nicky Hammond with him. Keith remained in an Assistant capacity and when Coppell resigned after just 3 games the great survivor began a 15 month spell at the helm before being replaced by McInnes.

As a bloke Millen's OK but were he to walk through the door as the man to help I would tear my hair out!!!

Could he return does anybody think he could help?

No been there had that  no more yes men a manager with bollox

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

By that same logic we shouldn't have Tins working with the youth set up either then?

Millen should never have been made the manager imo although he did bring in some decent players in that time and I wanted it to work for him more than anyone as he's such a great bloke. Just doesn't have what's required to be a manager sadly.

What youth set-up? That's been another abject failure

I guess you could argue that Millen has picked up a lot of experience since leaving us, and that's the thing Lee hasn't had. He doesn't fill me with excitement though. But hasn't SL brought in another coach to help the rugby this week, maybe he is thinking the same. I don't know though if it's too little too late or too many cooks, probably a combination of the both.

Sack the three, LJ, Pembo and Holden and do whatever it takes to bring in Warnock and Millen to sort this mess out.

Would he leave Cardiff, God knows but he's gone on record to say he would "Love to manage us" and now would be the perfect time.  Him and Millen know each other and Millen has always been a great number 2.

Stay up, then go up.

Lansdown, Warnock has always stated he wants to get another club to the top tier before he retires, despite the abuse he gets, he actually likes our club, he's openly said he would love to manage us, has always stated we are an underachieving club, in times of a crisis he is a go to man, his contacts are top draw at this level, if Millen was there last night, they have a very good friendship and have worked together, both have a secret love for the club.

His job is done at Cardiff, they are safe, pay them whatever they want to let him come to us.

There is only one proper manager out there to sort this mess out, Rowett is not the answer, Neil Warnock is.

6 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I rest my case

you don't have one, the reason to have a youth team is to produce players for the first team, ours is doing that, explain how that is a failure?, just because we have a head coach who hasn't got a clue doesn't mean we are producing bad players, you need to take a look at the way they are used 

16 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

you don't have one, the reason to have a youth team is to produce players for the first team, ours is doing that, explain how that is a failure?, just because we have a head coach who hasn't got a clue doesn't mean we are producing bad players, you need to take a look at the way they are used 

I'm not saying we're producing bad players, but considering how much time and money is being spent on the project, I'd say that churning out - what, three? - League One/lower Championship standard players in the past five years or so is a poor turnaround.

Archived