IGNORED

Harry Redknapp would accept a position

Sepp Blatter

This evening I was fortunate enough to spend the evening with Harry Redknapp as my company sponsored a charity evening that he organised for a poorly boy. 

We got speaking about football (obviously) and he asked who I supported. He spoke with genuine respect for Bristol City and how great a club it is. He mentioned that it was ran really well and even spoke about what an important game it tonight was. I had to ask him the obvious question "would Bristol City be a club you would be interested in managing?" And the answer was an enthusiastic yes. He stated that it was a great location and we should be playing in the Prem. 

I didn't really have an opinion on Harry as a person, but after spending an evening with him, I've got to say that he is a very down to earth and charitable gentlemen who has a deep passion for the game. He is a million miles away from the character that some people make him out to be. 

He'd 100% take the Bristol City job and I think we could be a lot worse!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

This evening I was fortunate enough to spend the evening with Harry Redknapp as my company sponsored a charity evening that he organised for a poorly boy. 

We got speaking about football (obviously) and he asked who I supported. He spoke with genuine respect for Bristol City and how great a club it is. He mentioned that it was run very well and even spoken about what an important game tonight was. I had to ask him the obvious question "would Bristol City be a club you would be interested in managing?" And the answer was and enthusiastic yes. He stated that it was a great location and we should be playing in the Prem. 

I didn't really have an opinion on Harry as a person, but after spending an evening with him, I've got to say that he is a very down to earth and charitable gentlemen who has a deep passion for the game. He is a million miles away from the character that some people make him out to be. 

He has rather been character assassinated on this forum.

4 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

We got speaking about football (obviously) and he asked who I supported. He spoke with genuine respect for Bristol City and how great a club it is. He mentioned that it was ran really well and even spoke about what an important game it tonight was. I had to ask him the obvious question "would Bristol City be a club you would be interested in managing?" And the answer was and enthusiastic yes. He stated that it was a great location and we should be playing in the Prem. 

He do a far better job than the current post holder.

8 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

We got speaking about football (obviously) and he asked who I supported. He spoke with genuine respect for Bristol City and how great a club it is. He mentioned that it was ran really well and even spoke about what an important game it tonight was. I had to ask him the obvious question "would Bristol City be a club you would be interested in managing?" And the answer was and enthusiastic yes. He stated that it was a great location and we should be playing in the Prem. 

That could be said of most managers in football mate. Most are torn to shreds by the media and fans. None are angels...but not all are as bad as people make out...especially if like you, you get to meet them. Thing is...managers are judged on performance's rather than being 'nice blokes'.

I'm not sure HR would agree to work with the plan the Club have put in place...I'd be very surprised if he did.

It wouldn't surprise me though, if the Club changed their stance again though. The mind boggles....

9 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

He do a far better job than the current post holder.

Mrs Downend would do a better job than the current job holder, and she knows bu99er all about football!

• Admin
1 hour ago, Lucan said:

Looks like we have another famous name on here.  Joining the ranks of Chairman Mao, Robert the Bruce and of course Lord Lucan ;)

i sometimes wonder  how many of the whippersnappers on here know how I am

I'll bite, how are you? ;) 

6 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Before making comment on Harry, I'd like to know where we stand with FFP.

What you're hinting at here is that Harry would spend irresponsibly. He could only spend what the board would sanction, so if he was willing to work within that framework, FFP is for the board to worry about, not the manager.

If Harry has spent a lot at previous clubs, that's because the board have allowed him to.

Personally I think he is just the sort of person who could have an immediate impact to get us out of this sorry mess. Doesn't seem likely though.

Johnson's gone, we'll take that a banker. 

Give Harry and Joe a short term contract with a massive staying up bonus. They'd kick passion into the team for the final 14 games of the season. If it doesn't work, we've lost nothing we weren't going to lose anyway. 

As it stands, 12 points from the past 63 available. Which is relegation without touching the sides. 

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What you're hinting at here is that Harry would spend irresponsibly. He could only spend what the board would sanction, so if he was willing to work within that framework, FFP is for the board to worry about, not the manager.

If Harry has spent a lot at previous clubs, that's because the board have allowed him to.

Personally I think he is just the sort of person who could have an immediate impact to get us out of this sorry mess. Doesn't seem likely though.

Not quite what I said. But, knowing HR is a manager who likes to bring players in, given our squad size and recent incomings, I just wondered what headroom there would be.

HR might be able to do a job here (although he wouldn't be my choice) but if the club cannot meet his requirements due to FFP then we'll have Coppell mk 2.

I have no clue where we are on FFP but I'm beginning to get a bit concerned especially if we do find ourselves in League 1 next season.

I can't imagine managers would be beating our door down to manage a club with a transfer embargo.

Hopefully FFP isn't an issue. But I am concerned.

14 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Not quite what I said. But, knowing HR is a manager who likes to bring players in, given our squad size and recent incomings, I just wondered what headroom there would be.

HR might be able to do a job here (although he wouldn't be my choice) but if the club cannot meet his requirements due to FFP then we'll have Coppell mk 2.

I have no clue where we are on FFP but I'm beginning to get a bit concerned especially if we do find ourselves in League 1 next season.

I can't imagine managers would be beating our door down to manage a club with a transfer embargo.

Hopefully FFP isn't an issue. But I am concerned.

We still get the leeway that players we signed in the championship if we go down don't count towards FFP.

Coppull also didn't spend that much money, and we had a lot of those journeymen before he joined, he just added a couple to that list. He may of added to the wage bill, but the signings such as Stead and Pitman were by Millen, which in my opinion looking back, we're actually astute signings by a manager with  limited budget, Millen, not Coppell.

In Coppell we had  a manager who had run out of love for the game, simple. He shouldn't of taken the job, but the past is in the past.

Archived