IGNORED

Saturday

Kachina II

Blackpool 5 Bristol City 0 = Millen Sacked

Swansea 7 City 1 = Tinnion Sacked

City 0 Leicester 4 = McInnes sacked

History has shown Lansdown pulls the trigger after a heavy defeat. Whilst a dire performance last night saw a 2-0 home defeat to Fulham, me thinks come Saturday the fat lady will be firmly singing on Johnson Jr's tenure.

43 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Football is a strange game....City may win at Newcastle. But as far as I'm concerned he was never the man from the start and should of gone after Cardiff. Even if City do beat Newcastle LJ has to go.

I disagree

he should have been sacked after Ipswich away

After the first Cardiff game, I put a £25 bet on with Paddy Power that we would be relegated at odds of 20/1. We are now 9/2. I did it at the time because I thought the odds were ridiculous and too big to be true. It now looks like it could really happen! 

C'mon SL, please give us a chance to stay up, it just ain't happening. I would happily not collect my bet to stay up. Yes you may feel you will lose face. Yes you may have to fork out a few quid but you are the one that offered him the extended contract. Get someone in NOW!

1 minute ago, supercidered said:

After the first Cardiff game, I put a £25 bet on with Paddy Power that we would be relegated at odds of 20/1. We are now 9/2. I did it at the time because I thought the odds were ridiculous and too big to be true. It now looks like it could really happen! 

C'mon SL, please give us a chance to stay up, it just ain't happening. I would happily not collect my bet to stay up. Yes you may feel you will lose face. Yes you may have to fork out a few quid but you are the one that offered him the extended contract. Get someone in NOW!

What hang on, you mean we are still 9/2 to go down ?

6 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Yup. No more bets on Rotherham. It has changed a bit. We are now 7/2.

Forest 4/1

Burton 7/5

Wigan 8/11

Betting confuses the hell out of me, 4/1I understand, but when it goes to 7/5 ( never heard that before) I am lost. I guess it's worse, Ie more chance, but is 7/5 better than 8/11, so Wigan the most likely to go down? Is 7/2 better than 7/5? 

Sorry if I sound a bit thick, but I honestly don't understand :blink:

6 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Yup. No more bets on Rotherham. It has changed a bit. We are now 7/2.

Blackburn 8/13

Forest 4/1

Burton 7/5

Wigan 8/11

Amazed we are better odds than Burton still, maybe SL is playing the market to maximise return on his bets.

did spot that he was at Sutton on Monday night handing out pies.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Betting confuses the hell out of me, 4/1I understand, but when it goes to 7/5 ( never heard that before) I am lost. I guess it's worse, I'd more chance, but is 7/5 better than 8/11, so Wigan the most likely to go down? Is 7/2 better than 7/5? 

7/2 is basically 3.5/1 = if you put £10 on 7/2 you would win £35 plus the stake of £10.

7/5 is 3.5/ 2.5 = if you put £10 on at 7/5 you would win £14 plus the stake of £10.

Does that help?

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Betting confuses the hell out of me, 4/1I understand, but when it goes to 7/5 ( never heard that before) I am lost. I guess it's worse, I'd more chance, but is 7/5 better than 8/11, so Wigan the most likely to go down? Is 7/2 better than 7/5? 

Or putting it simply. We are 5th Favourites to go down.

Lets hope the bookies are right!

3 minutes ago, supercidered said:

7/2 is basically 3.5/1 = if you put £10 on 7/2 you would win £35 plus the stake of £10.

7/5 is 3.5/ 2.5 = if you put £10 on at 7/5 you would win £14 plus the stake of £10.

Does that help?

Maths was never my strong point, still looks confusing to me. I get the theory but can't see how the figure is arrived at easily. Prob best I don't know as there is a lot of difference between 7/2 and 7/5!

The odds are derived (by very big computers) from the amounts of money placed on a specific event. 

Basically the more money placed on something reduces the odds and therefore the payout against the stake laid.

It's worth remembering then that the lowest odds do not mean that it's the most likely outcome but it's the most backed outcome.

7 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

The odds are derived (by very big computers) from the amounts of money placed on a specific event. 

Basically the more money placed on something reduces the odds and therefore the payout against the stake laid.

It's worth remembering then that the lowest odds do not mean that it's the most likely outcome but it's the most backed outcome.

Not actually true. 

10 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Thought it was but happy to be corrected. I don't do much betting myself.

Bookmakers hire odds compilers, these are people who will assess a situation, i.e. Form of horses when it comes to racing, teams form when it comes to football, this then formulates a market.

A market will respond by two ways, changing of performance related scenarios or weight of intelligent money.

I'll give you a scenario.

Bristol City are 10/1 for promotion, the next week they play the best team in league and win 2-0, as a result, the price is likely to contract, into say 9/1 or 8/1. At this point a few people may feel Bristol City have a chance of promotion and bet accordingly, when I try to place my bet. If it is over a certain amount of money it will be referred to a trader who will decide whether they want to take the bet or not, if they do but see it as an intelligent bet they make take the bet and shorten the selection still.

Now however had we lost 2-0 to the best team our odds would have remained 10/1, even if there was support on us then, the trading team would take the bet and leave the price unchanged.

when it comes to manager appointments the markets are Info and money related, I remember a few years back a certain manager who was 5/2 to get a job openly told the press he had applied for the job and wanted it, and was having an interview, with this he was made 4-6 for the job, however he was not appointed, this shortening of odds was done in relation to information, on the other hand Gary Rowett was made 4/1 at first price for the Blackburn job but immediately ruled himself out and was pushed to 12/1. This would have been before any money was really taken.

2 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Well then fingers crossed we are humiliated in that case. 10-0 to the Toon might just be enough to make SL doubt LJ. 

Happily take a hammering Saturday now. Gone beyond the point of even hope. Sad. 

I don't know about anyone else but I thought last night was humiliating TBH. If Fulham hadn't backed off, I think they could easily have scored 4 or 5.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

@lancsred thanks for info. So I was sort of right in that the amount of money placed on an event can effect the odds but as you've put, its more complex than that.

Yes money will affect a market, but a market is created by odds compilers, nothing to do with computers assessing amounts of money on.

Any bet over £100 is referred to a trader, who will decide if they wish to take the bet or not. If they take the bet or not, they may advise market odds compilers to change the price to reflect the information.

2 hours ago, lancsred said:

Blackpool 5 Bristol City 0 = Millen Sacked

Swansea 7 City 1 = Tinnion Sacked

City 0 Leicester 4 = McInnes sacked

History has shown Lansdown pulls the trigger after a heavy defeat. Whilst a dire performance last night saw a 2-0 home defeat to Fulham, me thinks come Saturday the fat lady will be firmly singing on Johnson Jr's tenure.

1. 22/1
    Newcastle 4-1
  2. 50/1
    Newcastle 4-2
  3. 125/1
    Newcastle 4-3
  4. 50/1
    Newcastle 5-0
  5. 66/1
    Newcastle 5-1
  6. 125/1
    Newcastle 5-2
  7. 125/1
    Newcastle 6-0
  8. 150/1
    Newcastle 6-1
  9. 250/1
    Newcastle 6-2
  10. 250/1
    Newcastle 7-0
  11. 300/1
    Newcastle 7-1

WH Odds for correct score on Saturday. 5-0 upwards looks good value.

We are rudderless and bereft of confidence that I fear a spanking at such an intimidating venue

Archived