IGNORED

Saturday

Kachina II

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes he did, and we were nearly safe in any case.

The similarity is the final straw(as perceived by the bulk of the fans), a Johnson in charge and Newcastle the next game.

We certainly weren't in this sort of mess.

Obviously the two previous seasons with GJ in charge gave us a 10th place finish (which we also achieved that season after Millen took over) and a Championship Play Off Final so I suppose by the standards set in 07/08 and 08/09 he was starting to take us backwards and the time was right to go.

I just can't believe LJ hasn't been sacked yet....Sleepwalking towards L1.

**** me, it's not even as if we've been shit all season, we spent most of the first 3 months in the top 6. 

1 hour ago, lancsred said:

Bookmakers hire odds compilers, these are people who will assess a situation, i.e. Form of horses when it comes to racing, teams form when it comes to football, this then formulates a market.

A market will respond by two ways, changing of performance related scenarios or weight of intelligent money.

I'll give you a scenario.

Bristol City are 10/1 for promotion, the next week they play the best team in league and win 2-0, as a result, the price is likely to contract, into say 9/1 or 8/1. At this point a few people may feel Bristol City have a chance of promotion and bet accordingly, when I try to place my bet. If it is over a certain amount of money it will be referred to a trader who will decide whether they want to take the bet or not, if they do but see it as an intelligent bet they make take the bet and shorten the selection still.

Now however had we lost 2-0 to the best team our odds would have remained 10/1, even if there was support on us then, the trading team would take the bet and leave the price unchanged.

when it comes to manager appointments the markets are Info and money related, I remember a few years back a certain manager who was 5/2 to get a job openly told the press he had applied for the job and wanted it, and was having an interview, with this he was made 4-6 for the job, however he was not appointed, this shortening of odds was done in relation to information, on the other hand Gary Rowett was made 4/1 at first price for the Blackburn job but immediately ruled himself out and was pushed to 12/1. This would have been before any money was really taken.

Those dreaded words that you never want to hear as a punter. Over the years I've had some absolute beauties for example asking for £200 each way on something only for the trader to come back and offer me £10 each way at the advertised price and £50 each way at starting price.

The mainstream bookmakers are not bothered about taking on people at horseracing and football any more as their virtual games and slot machines are now there main revenue stream.

Hence the reason I now conduct most of my bets on the Betfair exchange where you can usually have as much as you want at comparative but more often better prices than offered by the high street bookmakers.

Even if you only have a bet on the football once a week you should seriously consider using the exchanges as you can also trade out in running to secure a profit

Archived