IGNORED

Breakfast with Steve (Merged)

BigAl&Toby

I think I heard him mumble something about joining him for breakfast tomorrow. He looked slightly uncomfortable on the big screen last night.

Do I really want to know about his success in the financial services industry? Do I ****.

i want to whether he's a red or brown Source man. Daddies or HP. Sausage first or leave it to last. Beans or tomatoes. Fried or toasted.

Then again he could explain how much more of this shit we have to endure - both on the pitch and off it.

And why he thinks £20 for a breakfast with him is a good idea. **** me. BCFC is a football club.

But hang on. Bristol Sport isn't. Is it? Nope it's part of SLs investment portfolio. I guess he'll explain all about that.

Anyone on hear going? I'm not :)

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a corporate centred event - I doubt you'll find many - if any - people paying the admission fee themselves. 

These sort of events are exactly why we expended our facilities - it's all revenue for the club so not sure why you're conplaining.

Yeah more revenue to waste on rubbish players/managers

I thought it laughable that a) anyone at BS thought that anyone at the game would want to buy a ticket after this shambles of a season, a season in which SL has looked a serial sporting loser and b) that such a poor piece from Steve - stumbling, rabbit-in-headlights look - should be put on the big screen. Amateur night I'm afraid.

You may find the breakfast somewhat bewildering.

The toast will be on top of the beans instead of underneath, the eggs will be hopelessly out of position, the black pudding completely disinterested, the sausage will be selected despite being overstuffed, the fried bread is no better than the toast and everything seems to slide or bounce off it, while the bacon doesn't even get put on the plate.

Ultimately, you may conclude the promising young chef isn't really up to the job.

Perhaps save your £20 for something else?

"Steve, hi my name is Alex and I run two businesses in related fields. I have an employee who we hired in good faith and claimed to have a vast experience and lots of innovative ideas for improving our company. He has since proved to not quite the bill of goods we were sold. Despite numerous chances he continues to display a lack of knowledge, leadership or accountability. His performance is actively costing the company money with several customers refusing to deal with us, due to a large amount of investment of late we can't afford for this to continue. In your professional opinion how should I handle the situation?"

11 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

The toast will be on top of the beans instead of underneath, the eggs will be hopelessly out of position, the black pudding completely disinterested, the sausage will be selected despite being overstuffed, the fried bread is no better than the toast and everything seems to slide or bounce off it, while the bacon doesn't even get put on the plate.

Ultimately, you may conclude the promising young chef isn't really up to the job.

And I thought you were implying that the food on plate formation had been devised by LJ.

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I thought it laughable that a) anyone at BS thought that anyone at the game would want to buy a ticket after this shambles of a season, a season in which SL has looked a serial sporting loser and b) that such a poor piece from Steve - stumbling, rabbit-in-headlights look - should be put on the big screen. Amateur night I'm afraid.

Ticket sales obviously going well.... trying to flog tickets 36 hours before the event to the supporters of one of his failing businesses (failing sporting-wise).  

21 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Excellent, thank you, made me laugh out loud.

59 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I think I heard him mumble something about joining him for breakfast tomorrow. He looked slightly uncomfortable on the big screen last night.

Do I really want to know about his success in the financial services industry? Do I ****.

i want to whether he's a red or brown Source man. Daddies or HP. Sausage first or leave it to last. Beans or tomatoes. Fried or toasted.

Then again he could explain how much more of this shit we have to endure - both on the pitch and off it.

And why he thinks £20 for a breakfast with him is a good idea. **** me. BCFC is a football club.

But hang on. Bristol Sport isn't. Is it? Nope it's part of SLs investment portfolio. I guess he'll explain all about that.

Well you should do as his business success has enabled us to have a £47 million stadium for free and bank roll the club for years. 

Didn't hear you at the start of the season when things were all going well moaning about bristol sport??

People like you don't have a clue how lucky we are to have someone like SL.

It's the Lansdown Club Breakfast, it happens every month. This has been pencilled in since the beginning of the season, (SL speaking).

They always have guest speakers, usually inspirational business people, Karen Bradey was very popular a couple of months ago. They've had a rugby coach, lady rugby player, bomb disposal expert, kris akabussi (sp) and several more. 

43 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Apparently a few Michelin Star restaurants were showing an interest in the young chef before he came here! 

45 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Drooooooool, black pudding. :clapping:

32 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

"Steve, hi my name is Alex and I run two businesses in related fields. I have an employee who we hired in good faith and claimed to have a vast experience and lots of innovative ideas for improving our company. He has since proved to not quite the bill of goods we were sold. Despite numerous chances he continues to display a lack of knowledge, leadership or accountability. His performance is actively costing the company money with several customers refusing to deal with us, due to a large amount of investment of late we can't afford for this to continue. In your professional opinion how should I handle the situation?"

There used to be a Q&A facility on this site in which fans could ask SL questions.  Probably the best part of ten years ago now.  I remember someone asking (wording) via the Q&A something very similar regarding Tinnion's position at the time.

31 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Well you should do as his business success has enabled us to have a £47 million stadium for free and bank roll the club for years. 

Didn't hear you at the start of the season when things were all going well moaning about bristol sport??

Chesterfield had a new stadium and are heading for Division 4....so your point is :grr:

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

and there are still some on here who are still in love with SL because of the stadium, whilst many other clubs BEFORE us have a new stadium and are in LOWER leagues. I go to watch the football and last night in my seat in the West Stand which I paid an extra £100 to sit in the bl***y rain soaked me and all around me,so **** the stadium, SL after being in charge 20 years has got his name assured for the future at Ashton Gate with HIS stadium but as for what I go down to watch.........well, you cant argue with results but SL's Investment Portfolio gets bigger and I refer a lot of you younger supporters to what happened at a certain Bristol Stadium Company many years ago.

40 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Look harder.

I've never bought the messiah bollocks. He might well have a successful business - outside of sport - but let's face it, he's not done well in sport.

Unless you count owning a stadium amongst that success. He must see Ashton Gate like I see a cashpoint machine :)

How I long for the days of Cooper and Jordan. No nonsense football where come win lose or draw you at least knew the players were up for it.

Ever see sub-standard players or just subs walking round the pitch at the end clapping like ******* seals?

Nope. Nor me. More like back on the pitch training.

Call this progress? I don't. This is now simply a money making franchise. And we're lining the pockets.

45 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Had to laugh at the email about this event titled 'be inspired'.

'Bought a Football team, they're shit, so I bought a Rugby team as well, they're also shit'.. Inspiring.

'Spent a load of money on players to achieve nothing, then did it again, then did it again, then did it again'.. Inspiring. 

"Starting by trading in a bedroom with my mate, I built one of the biggest financial services companies in the country, which is now listed on the FTSE 100 and is one of the biggest employers in my home city."

Yep, pretty inspiring.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a corporate centred event - I doubt you'll find many - if any - people paying the admission fee themselves. 

These sort of events are exactly why we expended our facilities - it's all revenue for the club so not sure why you're complaining.

Complete and utter bollocks.

Its not revenue for our club. It's revenue for Steve's club. The Lansdown Club.

How many of those there will be BCFC supporters. Or fans. Or people who responded to his appeal last night on the screen. Or the email. 

You've answered that when you talk about it being a corporate breakfast. Big fat zilch.

And anyway my experience of these events is that the sausages are Richmond. Not 100% organic Old Spot.

We might have a great stadium. The football is shit.

Bit like having a **** off wide screen home cinema and only being able to watch black & white repeats of On The Busses ;)

5 minutes ago, City Ben said:

"Starting by trading in a bedroom with my mate, I built one of the biggest financial services companies in the country, which is now listed on the FTSE 100 and is one of the biggest employers in my home city."

Yep, pretty inspiring.

So stick with that. 

Doesn't guarantee success elsewhere does it? And was it Hargreaves or Lansdown?

I rebuilt an Austin Healey Sprite once. Did it to a great standard. Didn't do the paint job though. I knew where my strengths were.

Would I rebuild my Audi? Not a ******* chance. I know my limitations.

Shame SL doesn't know his.

7 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Yep, pretty inspiring.

I'd suggest lightening up a bit.

If I wanted to have a serious conversation about this however I would question how that falls under the title of 'Sport'.

3 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Complete and utter bollocks.

Its not revenue for our club. It's revenue for Steve's club. The Lansdown Club.

How many of those there will be BCFC supporters. Or fans. Or people who responded to his appeal last night on the screen. Or the email. 

You've answered that when you talk about it being a corporate breakfast. Big fat zilch.

And anyway my experience of these events is that the sausages are Richmond. Not 100% organic Old Spot.

We might have a great stadium. The football is shit.

Bit like having a **** off wide screen home cinema and only being able to watch black & white repeats of On The Busses ;)

:clap:Nobody does owt for nowt.................maybe some are now slowly awakening to that fact

10 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Yep, pretty inspiring.

Based on this why wer'nt WD and HO Wills directors of BCFC :laughcont:

Archived