IGNORED

Ranieri sacked

JasonM88

Leicester is my home town team. I followed them 'properly' until I came to Bristol in the 1980s and still support them against any team but City. I enjoyed (and was astonished by) last season almost as much as those of my friends who have carried on following LCFC.

This is disgusting. If the team were relegated he should have been given an opportunity to resign with dignity at the end of the season. He achieved something considered impossible, inconceivable, until it happened. To sack him for having the kind of season Leicester are expected to have in the Premier League is a disgrace.

Not just because of this, but I really am falling out of love with football.

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

People who wanted Cotterill out also think Ranieri shouldn't be sacked as he won the league.  Clearly had lost the dressing room with players on trying in champions league 

Hardly comparable. Any team bar the top 6 would swap places with Leicester now if it meant they won the league the season before. Last night result was a decent one too. They're not even in the bottom three ( I don't think, can't say I pay too much attention to the PL)

8 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I wish. No you don't sack somebody who has just won you the Premier league, and have a decent shot at getting you into the quarter finals of the Champions league, and replace him with somebody off of that list surely. 

You shouldn't, but this is the moral cesspit that is modern football.

Martin O'Neill would be the only half-way acceptable one from that list, because of how he got Leicester to overachieve (in a less spectacular fashion - winning the League Cup and not being relegated for a few years) 20 years ago. Not sure if he could do it again, but he would at least have the respect of the fans.

Archived