IGNORED

How has LJ not been sacked?

Chairman Mao

Is Landsdown trying to be an ass. This is absurd. 5 points from over 2 and a half months and away to the league leaders next. Johnson is humilating himself, the players (who are also culpable) and the club. Can't blame him for wanting a juicy pay off. Lansdown, stop with the nepotism and jobs for mates and sort it out.

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Someone suggested that he might have some info on Steve that he would rather was not made public.  Others suggest that they are good friends.

Personally, I believe that Steve is thinking longer term, even if we get relegated and then promoted again along the way.

A relegation proves he isn't long term. SL would have to be completely hatstand. 

I blame Fulham for not taking there chances , which if they did would of won 5/6 nil. Also been up 4 nil at half time chants would of started earlier then again if rumours are true and SL wasn't even there then who knows!!!!

Yet those results alone up to Christmas was enough to sack him, I like how Passionate SL is for this club but being too loyal is going to hurt us so bad and himself financially. 

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

The whole BCFC situation is absurd, a football club that lurches from one disaster to the next... lost for words would  be a lie, we're all used to this shit.... 

The only difference from the Lesley Kew days are a shiny new ground...

Ironically, the shiny new ground will come back to bite us on the arse if we get relegated. It'll be shit

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Someone suggested that he might have some info on Steve that he would rather was not made public.  Others suggest that they are good friends.

Personally, I believe that Steve is thinking longer term, even if we get relegated and then promoted again along the way.

Johnson has never got a team beyond mid table in League One so what hope would we have of promotion?

Better to get the League One double winner back in that scenario.

Even if LJ keeps us up, does anybody trust him to pull a decent season out the bag next year as I don't 

if I'm honest I think he would struggle to get us back into the championship again if we drop down into league 1 and that's why he has to go as he has lost the fans and will struggle to gain that back again 

11 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was on radio silence as I returned to London, hoping to turn on my Mac and see the news and the result of today's speculation… :facepalm: WTF!

you were hoping, i was expecting it. just cant believe he is still here. there has to be something major underlying here.

no other football club would allow this to carry on.all been said over and over again but why isnt he gone.

the board got rid of SC quicker than this chump

12 hours ago, Fiale said:

Went wrong against Cardiff and since then just three wins (two against the bottom 2 teams) looking at Wigan and Burton performing better than us at the moment, it's a little worrying to say the least. Where arr our points going to come from.

ScreenShot_20170223200818.png

Crazy how there's only 2 games where we've lost by more than 1 goal. Absolutely crazy!

12 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Is Landsdown trying to be an ass. This is absurd. 5 points from over 2 and a half months and away to the league leaders next. Johnson is humilating himself, the players (who are also culpable) and the club. Can't blame him for wanting a juicy pay off. Lansdown, stop with the nepotism and jobs for mates and sort it out.

Well the question to consider is whether when a club is in difficulty the answer is always to change the manager.  If you are in business and the business is not doing well, there are a lot of things you would think of before you sacked the Chief Executive, but in football all responsibility is attributed to the manager and none to the players, which is interesting.  The problem with football is the secrecy that underpins it - none of us really knows what is going on, as yesterday's farcical threads on this forum prove.  Frankly, I don't know what has gone wrong at City, and so I have no idea whether the appropriate solution is to sack the manager.  Clearly something has to be done, but presumably Steve Lansdown and the Board are not complete fools (well, we have to hope that) and if they felt that a change of manager was the appropriate solution to our problems, he would have gone.  There is a lot of money at stake for them, and I'm sure that the last thing Lansdown wants is for us to be relegated.

There's more to this than just a decision about sacking a football manager.

I'd like to ask SL "when did you last keep someone in their job at Hargreaves Lansdown who was putting millions of pounds at risk and was publicly doing such a poor job - the worst job in the company's history?"

To use the analogy further - he's flying in the face a right-minded shareholders who would demand action. 

Archived