IGNORED

If Jono is Sacked - MARK ASHTON MUST GO!

Tomo

3 minutes ago, lancsred said:

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he Mark Ashton's recommendation so in many ways it is his fault he's here in the first place. 

Funny how out of all the managers that could have been recommended it happened to be SLs prodigal son. :blink:

1 minute ago, lancsred said:

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he Mark Ashton's recommendation so in many ways it is his fault he's here in the first place. 

You dont really beleive this do you??? All just spin. SL was always going to shoe horn his adopted son into the hot seat. MA didnt have a choice. He had to do as his boss said and make it look like he was his man when in reality i doubt he would of even bothering interviewing him if it was his decision.

Just now, milo1111 said:

You dont really beleive this do you??? All just spin. SL was always going to shoe horn his adopted son into the hot seat. MA didnt have a choice. He had to do as his boss said and make it look like he was his man when in reality i doubt he would of even bothering interviewing him if it was his decision.

When it comes to Bristol City FC, I find it hard who to believe anymore, absolutely nothing surprises me anymore.

33 minutes ago, lancsred said:

Mark Ashton recommended LJ to SL and co. After SL sent Ashton off to speak to LJ. 

LJ was SL's choice.

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

Sack Steve Landsdown 

And watch what would happen. We might all disagree with LJ still being in a job but SL has earned the right to make that call. He has bank rolled the club for years and will continue to do so for himself and for us. 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

And watch what would happen. We might all disagree with LJ still being in a job but SL has earned the right to make that call. He has bank rolled the club for years and will continue to do so for himself and for us. 

Have we finally tracked down Keith Dawe?  Hope you're well.

Lots of views on this one but I personally think the guy is a bad apple.

Jono is out of his depth but MA has negotiated so many deals to save his own arse. We now see Johnson having a massive squad of players and he is more confused how to manage them...let alone play them.

We have 3 Dressing Rooms!

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Tbf to SL he is renowned for giving managers a really good go at it through the bad

Although it's been frustrating for the majority of the supporters over the last few years, eventually with this policy of patience, he will gain respect from better potential coaches/ managers in the future 

I'm sure they all respect him with their nice golden handshakes after getting the boot

2 hours ago, tomo said:

Mark Ashton is so full of "corporate dribble" and it's only himself that believes the nonsense he comes out with!

I honestly think that he thinks that "he is bigger and more important than the owner"

SACK HIM STEVE - AND QUICKLY - we have more players on our books than the people trying to get into our Country - all Mark Ashton's doing!

This guy is more suited to the Financial Industry, talking the talk and delivering very little and at the same time wasting ALLLLLLLOTTTTTTTTTT OF MONEY!

Please get this idiot away from our club!

QUICKLY!

But you posted on December 27th that LJ 'won't get sacked even if we are in a relegation battle or get relegated' - you told people it was pointless talking about it because it wasn't gonna happen come what may...

What's changed your mind to the extent that you now start a thread about 'Jono' getting sacked?!

8 hours ago, lancsred said:

At the time Mark Ashton said that LJ was by far the outstanding candidate and he had no hesitation in recommending him to the board. This after telling us that we would be surprised at the number and quality of applicants for the job. 

sorry op can't agree with this,

Please explain what MA has actually done wrong?

We have a decent scouting set up now, we seem to be able to get deals done and got some decent players in,

Our problems at the moment are purely from the dug out and the head coach, I believe changing him and we'll start winning,

The players seem confused and beaten, its just like when SoD was here, and I think it goes to show that a "thinking mans" coach does not work in the championship

I just think if LJ is sacked, MA should follow. Together, as a team they have spent a ludicrous amount of money. As ciderwithtommy has highlighted, we have a bloated, ill balanced squad which will take years to trim down, whilst a new management team will want to bring in some quality of their own.

Let's remember, the majority of the players (is it 28?) that have been brought in by the "dream team" are players that were not wanted by their previous clubs, or simply fringe players. I think some will do well, but many are not worth a Bristol City Contract.  

If someone has the time, it would be interesting to see the full list of players that LJ and MA have given contracts (all players including youth and ones for the future!). Everyone has an opinion but you might start to question how you feel about MA - the guy thinks he is bigger than the club and we would fall apart without him. In fact, It's the complete opposite, we are falling apart with him!! :laugh:

Why has he been allowed to bring in so many players, clearly not good for the well being of the club. They should both be relieved of their duties.  

In my opinion (and I am entitled to have one), the squad is far too big now and Mark Ashton is to blame. Johnson can't cope and must go, along with MA. 

Just now, tomo said:

I just think if LJ is sacked, MA should follow. Together, as a team they have spent a ludicrous amount of money. As ciderwithtommy has highlighted, we have a bloated, ill balanced squad which will take years to trim down, whilst a new management team will want to bring in some quality of their own.

Let's remember, the majority of the players (is it 28?) that have been brought in by the "dream team" are players that were not wanted by their previous clubs, or simply fringe players. I think some will do well, but many are not worth a Bristol City Contract.  

If someone has the time, it would be interesting to see the full list of players that LJ and MA have given contracts (all players including youth and ones of the future!). Everyone has an opinion but you might start to question how you feel about MA - the guy thinks he is bigger than the club and we would fall apart without him. In fact, It's the complete opposite, we are falling apart with him!! :laugh:

Why has he been allowed to bring in so many players, clearly not good for the well being of the club. They should both be relieved of their duties.  

In my opinion (and I am entitled to have one), the squad is far too big now and Mark Ashton is to blame. Johnson can't cope and must go, along with MA. 

you're entitled to think that, just don't think you'll find many who agree, 

If Ashton was part of the Coaching staff or had anything to do with the playing side of things then you'd maybe have a point, but Ashton was brought in to change the way we scout (which was a shambles @spudski is better placed to explain that), continue to imporve the set up of the youth sides (which has happened) and to get deals over the line (which he has done)

The squad isn't big enough, we have the big smallest in the league and do not have enough cover in two key positions

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But you posted on December 27th that LJ 'won't get sacked even if we are in a relegation battle or get relegated' - you told people it was pointless talking about it because it wasn't gonna happen come what may...

What's changed your mind to the extent that you now start a thread about 'Jono' getting sacked?!

I said IF he is sacked ! :laugh:

Archived