IGNORED

I hate to say it but........

Robbored

57 minutes ago, chickenhands said:

I don't post here ever but the thread I read that made most sense on all this (sorry forget who by) was that he probably has a clause in his contract from the get go (or certainly in the contract extension) that he can be fired if we're in the relegation places without financial penalty. It's the only thing that makes sense as to why we've waited so long to get rid.

Interesting theory there Mr Chicken.

Does that mean though that SL is hoping we get smashed tomorrow, Wigan to beat Forest, then he'll pull the trigger :dunno:

If we do lose, but Wigan fail to beat Forest then I'm sure we'll find out for sure if he avoids the sack (for now!)

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Oh the irony..........:facepalm:

irony1
[ˈʌɪrəni]

NOUN

1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect:
    "‘Don't go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony"
    antonyms: sincerity
    • a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result:
      "the irony is that I thought he could help me" ·
      "one of life's little ironies"
      synonyms: paradox · paradoxical nature · incongruity ·
      antonyms: logic
    • a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions is clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

No sorry, can't see why my comment is ironic.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

With no statement let alone action from the club regarding Juniors  position the  best thing that could happen at Newcastle tomorrow is for City to get hammered 6-0 or by some other hugely embarrassing score line.

It would be another loss and no points but worth it because such a humiliating defeat woul force Junior to fall on sword or for SL to act and sack him. There'd be no excuse not to.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment and frustrated feelings right now, surely the best scenario would be that we played like we did first half at Derby, and nail Newcastle on their own patch. Gain some belief and confidence, and turn this miserable run around, and get to safety. Then let the board and owner decide whether they want to keep LJ in the summer. Makes more sense to me.

However much fans dislike the run we are on, and feel aggrieved at LJ being here, it's obvious SL wants to keep him.

I understand the feelings of fans...and I'm far from convinced that LJ will turn this around, I wouldn't lose sleep if he left.

However...with all the negative feeling around, the abuse and constant 'LJ out', all I can see that doing is putting more pressure on the players during a game. Confidence must be low, belief must be low, hearing the fans booing and criticising...I understand....but no way will that put energy into a player during a game. In fact it will have the opposite effect. Put yourself in their boots...playing in front of 20,000 odd fans, all eyes on you, every mistake howled at. No wonder they look like rabbits in headlights.

Right now...with only 16 games left....the team needs as much support and confidence and energy as possible.

Fans concentrating on getting LJ out and booing, and constant calls for the manager to be gone on social media, just highlights it more...and so adds to the pressure cooker situation.

If he takes us down...then lets do it with a backs to the wall support.

Maybe if we supported instead of focussing on the negatives, we might turn this around.

Trust me...whilst writing this, it feels kind of odd, as I can't see LJ turning it around either. But I also can't see a gamble on a new manager necessarily working either. Catch 22...but I'm a great believer in positive energy, and the benefits that can have. It's hard to muster when feeling frustrated and despondent, and not necessarily believing we are good enough. But I've experienced in sport, the under dog and person not believing in themselves, but finding strength and having support,  conquering their fears through grit and determination, rather than quality and technique. All because their support and family kept encouraging rather than belittling and telling them they are not good enough.

It's a small battle we need to win right now...we need points from these last 16 games. We might not win the war, because we don't have the quality...but we might by the skin of our teeth win this battle. Support rather than constant hate, might help.

Expecting abuse...but I've never seen negativity win anything.

SL is keeping him by the looks of things...so surely better to support and hope, than grumble and moan?

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment and frustrated feelings right now, surely the best scenario would be that we played like we did first half at Derby, and nail Newcastle on their own patch. Gain some belief and confidence, and turn this miserable run around, and get to safety. Then let the board and owner decide whether they want to keep LJ in the summer. Makes more sense to me.

However much fans dislike the run we are on, and feel aggrieved at LJ being here, it's obvious SL wants to keep him.

I understand the feelings of fans...and I'm far from convinced that LJ will turn this around, I wouldn't lose sleep if he left.

However...with all the negative feeling around, the abuse and constant 'LJ out', all I can see that doing is putting more pressure on the players during a game. Confidence must be low, belief must be low, hearing the fans booing and criticising...I understand....but no way will that put energy into a player during a game. In fact it will have the opposite effect. Put yourself in their boots...playing in front of 20,000 odd fans, all eyes on you, every mistake howled at. No wonder they look like rabbits in headlights.

Right now...with only 16 games left....the team needs as much support and confidence and energy as possible.

Fans concentrating on getting LJ out and booing, and constant calls for the manager to be gone on social media, just highlights it more...and so adds to the pressure cooker situation.

If he takes us down...then lets do it with a backs to the wall support.

Maybe if we supported instead of focussing on the negatives, we might turn this around.

Trust me...whilst writing this, it feels kind of odd, as I can't see LJ turning it around either. But I also can't see a gamble on a new manager necessarily working either. Catch 22...but I'm a great believer in positive energy, and the benefits that can have. It's hard to muster when feeling frustrated and despondent, and not necessarily believing we are good enough. But I've experienced in sport, the under dog and person not believing in themselves, but finding strength and having support,  conquering their fears through grit and determination, rather than quality and technique. All because their support and family kept encouraging rather than belittling and telling them they are not good enough.

It's a small battle we need to win right now...we need points from these last 16 games. We might not win the war, because we don't have the quality...but we might by the skin of our teeth win this battle. Support rather than constant hate, might help.

Expecting abuse...but I've never seen negativity win anything.

SL is keeping him by the looks of things...so surely better to support and hope, than grumble and moan?

14 games left . I agree to certain extent. The forest game was the turning point for me IMO he should of went then . It's a very toxic situation and the longer LJ is here the worst it will become. It's looks as though the players aren't playing for him . And the players also have to take a lot of responsibility for this . I don't think anyone would of thought we would be in a relegation battle after our start to the season. Lansdown should of acted sooner IMO . I won't boo or curse the manager or players . But unfortunately enough is enough. I don't want to watch city in league one next season 

1 hour ago, chickenhands said:

I don't post here ever but the thread I read that made most sense on all this (sorry forget who by) was that he probably has a clause in his contract from the get go (or certainly in the contract extension) that he can be fired if we're in the relegation places without financial penalty. It's the only thing that makes sense as to why we've waited so long to get rid.

Worrying thing is if Lansdown wont sack him unless we are in a relegation place, it could take a few more games for teams below us to pick up the nesessary points. Then we're going to have a even harder job getting a decent manager in. Is anyone going to want half a dozen games to save their cv from having 'relegated ' on it!!

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

14 games left . I agree to certain extent. The forest game was the turning point for me IMO he should of went then . It's a very toxic situation and the longer LJ is here the worst it will become. It's looks as though the players aren't playing for him . And the players also have to take a lot of responsibility for this . I don't think anyone would of thought we would be in a relegation battle after our start to the season. Lansdown should of acted sooner IMO . I won't boo or curse the manager or players . But unfortunately enough is enough. I don't want to watch city in league one next season 

It is a very toxic situation...that toxic nature has been brought about by the fans displeasure, and abuse aimed at LJ and the team and pretty much everyone associated with the Club tbh.

I don't agree the players aren't playing for him. Every player wants to win. No one want relegation on their CV. I believe they are low on confidence and that effects, mentality, energy and quickness of thought. The more pressure...the more hesitant you get, the more mistakes you make. You can't play with freedom and belief and express yourself with confidence. We can do it...as shown first half against Derby.

I don't know whether the Club are doing it, but I would be bringing in motivational speakers and the like to help with confidence.

Listening to LJ doesn't give you the feeling of going to war. He may have technical thoughts...but putting them across maybe an issue. He comes across as too nice. Maybe Pembo gives the prep talk....who knows. But I know if LJ was getting me to fight, I'd struggle to muster any energy, because he comes across as Mr Nice guy.

You say enough is enough...but it's a 50-50 gamble on any new manager. You still could be looking at League 1 under a new manager. We could stay up, we could go down...but we could also do that with LJ.

Having seen the SL interview, I really do think he's going to stick with him. If so...then I can only see support being helpful.

SL mentions fighting through the abuse...can't be nice. Especially when it's your own fans saying it.

One minute, they love you...League 1 Champs....next minute you're hated and abused. You don't treat your loved one's like that, even when they make mistakes. You support and guide them. Not abuse them...we've all been guilty of doing it through frustrations. No one is perfect...just trying to see things with a clear head, however frustrating it is. There is no magic wand unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

It is a very toxic situation...that toxic nature has been brought about by the fans displeasure, and abuse aimed at LJ and the team and pretty much everyone associated with the Club tbh.

I don't agree the players aren't playing for him. Every player wants to win. No one want relegation on their CV. I believe they are low on confidence and that effects, mentality, energy and quickness of thought. The more pressure...the more hesitant you get, the more mistakes you make. You can't play with freedom and belief and express yourself with confidence. We can do it...as shown first half against Derby.

I don't know whether the Club are doing it, but I would be bringing in motivational speakers and the like to help with confidence.

Listening to LJ doesn't give you the feeling of going to war. He may have technical thoughts...but putting them across maybe an issue. He comes across as too nice. Maybe Pembo gives the prep talk....who knows. But I know if LJ was getting me to fight, I'd struggle to muster any energy, because he comes across as Mr Nice guy.

You say enough is enough...but it's a 50-50 gamble on any new manager. You still could be looking at League 1 under a new manager. We could stay up, we could go down...but we could also do that with LJ.

Having seen the SL interview, I really do think he's going to stick with him. If so...then I can only see support being helpful.

SL mentions fighting through the abuse...can't be nice. Especially when it's your own fans saying it.

One minute, they love you...League 1 Champs....next minute you're hated and abused. You don't treat your loved one's like that, even when they make mistakes. You support and guide them. Not abuse them...we've all been guilty of doing it through frustrations. No one is perfect...just trying to see things with a clear head, however frustrating it is. There is no magic wand unfortunately.

Some good points made . Bad times 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

If he is still in charge and we witness yet another pathetic display like on Wednesday night, I'll definitely go round to blast him with my well constructed points..........I just hope I can control my frustrations........

Calm down Robbo ................ breathe in, breathe out, stop breathing for 10 minutes and repeat

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

With no statement let alone action from the club regarding Juniors  position the  best thing that could happen at Newcastle tomorrow is for City to get hammered 6-0 or by some other hugely embarrassing score line.

It would be another loss and no points but worth it because such a humiliating defeat woul force Junior to fall on sword or for SL to act and sack him. There'd be no excuse not to.

I appreciate where you're coming from Alan, but I'd never, ever, wish for City to lose.

2 hours ago, chickenhands said:

That might explain things.  But we'd need someone lined up.  And I, for one, am sick of our revolving door, I'm certain the malaise lies deeper than the manager/first team coach/etc.

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

I appreciate where you're coming from Alan, but I'd never, ever, wish for City to lose.

In normal circumstances neither would I but these are dark times at our club and something radical is required to see change and if a hammering at Newcastle leads to said change then so be it.

It's a sad thing to say but Id see as a price with paying.

It's a tricky one because it's such a tough game. Taking any points from it would be a good achievement for any team in the division. Brighton would have happy to go to Newcastle and get a point (I've just looked and they lost 2-0 there). Losing would bring no great shame.

However, by losing so many of the winnable games, LJ has now put himself in a position where he really does need a good performance and result in the hardest possible circumstances.

I'd like City to win. I think they can win. I'm not sure they will win. If they do win then it's not fair to sack LJ immediately afterwards.

If City lose then sacking Johnson is justified, if harsh, because he used up his "easy" chances for a win and left himself with only the hard one.

If City draw then we're in no-mans land. It's a good result, so sacking isn't justified, and if the performance is good and the players look motivated then he's earned a little longer, probably another week in my opinion.

I was entirely behind LJ until Wednesday night because the performances seemed spirited and the players were largely playing for the manager. Although I wasn't there, Wednesday seemed different and it sounds like there might be some problems in the squad. A manager in this position seldom recovers. Gary Johnson won his battle with a squad that wouldn't play for him but he was new to the job at the time and had plenty of games to work with. Lee Johnson doesn't have the luxury of being able to be tough on the players and ride out the consequences. He's used that spell up already. If the players won't play for him then I see very few options.

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

Interesting theory there Mr Chicken.

Does that mean though that SL is hoping we get smashed tomorrow, Wigan to beat Forest, then he'll pull the trigger :dunno:

If we do lose, but Wigan fail to beat Forest then I'm sure we'll find out for sure if he avoids the sack (for now!)

There'll be some clever clause, like we played the same amount of games, and he'll stay on a technicality. :grr:

Archived