IGNORED

How fickle are you ?

BcfcDuncs

1 minute ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Will all know he will be sacked soon but say he went on a finished the season strong and ended up mid table . Im sure people opinions will change again . 

Mine won't. What's done is done... and proof that when trouble arrives he doesn't know how to get out of it for a very long time. 

1 minute ago, bcfcRobbo said:

Everyone giving it large that there's no turning back whatever happens. Yeah right, If he wins five on the bounce there's no way you'll be calling for his head.

It may quiet down the chants, but it wont change minds that he's not up to the job. That may change in time and he may become a good manager, but at the moment he is clueless.

I have a problem with any suggestion that fans of Bristol City are "fickle" - good grief, why would any glory-hunter follow us! In the long-term I don't see LJ rising to the challenge. If he wins the next 3 he'll have worked a small miracle after Wednesday's performance and fair play to him, and keeps us up he'll have time to convince everyone...at the moment I'm firmly unconvinced.

9 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

The sensible thing (as with other clubs following fashion) is to put the young man as assistant coach next to an experienced man. If Johnson came in and learned the ropes at this level for a couple of years then it might have worked out differently. For every Eddie Howe there are many who do not succeed.

I'd like to see this to be honest but I'm struggling to think of when it's happened in England in the Championship. I remember it happening at Yeovil with Skiverton if I'm right? Footballs a weird business with managers, I believe replacing him is a necessity to purely stay up, however I could see him learning from this experience and being successful in the future either with us or another club. 

The next three would keep him in post for the rest of the season for my money. They'd be most of the points we'd need to stay up.

But he'd  need to keep winning all they way to the final whistle of the season and get us safely mid table to keep his job next year. 

And yes, we are a fickle bunch - but all we want is to not be biting our finger nails every single season. It's nice to relax once in a while - I suppose we could in League One. Careful what you wish for.....

11 minutes ago, bcfcRobbo said:

Everyone giving it large that there's no turning back whatever happens. Yeah right, If he wins five on the bounce there's no way you'll be calling for his head.

I'd love him to win five on the trot, just can't see it. We're in big trouble make no mistake. 

I think if he went on to win the next 3 and all 3 were top quality performances and clean sheets etc then maybe people would change their minds.

Isnt that part of football though? 

You sack when things aren't working and you stay the same when things are.

Nothing will ever change that. Though there will be doubt and thoughts if it may happen again etc 

Archived