IGNORED

SL reads OTIB

Lee F

He commented on seeing the thread calling him the biggest failure in football on the ITV Westcountry news. Admitted it hurts him to read that.

Question is why? Why read the forum? Why let opinion bother him if he truly feels there is no truth in the statement?

He did openly say LJ will be in charge for Newcastle, Villa and also Burton but would not commit to him being here beyond the end of the season. He mentioned more than once that we are not in the bottom 3. Is that the real tipping point? 

I cant help feeling if it is we will pull the trigger too late to rectify the situation. I am not even sure it isnt already too late. 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

At this point I'd just like to say to Mr Lansdown's legal team that some bastard has pirated my OTIB account and I for one think your client is handsome, intelligent and doing a fantastic job .

( that should do it )

Yes and me, please Mr Lansdown and co, can you put some effort into finding out who the fraudster is 

Hiya Steve!

Can I have £500 to invest in an African prince who assures me via email that I will have it returned within a week and doubled. He can't access his bank account in the Cayman Islands because the Direct Debit Company froze his assets until the Sky bill has been paid. We can split the extra £500 between me and you.

Sounds like a good investment right? 

Cheers lad. Always knew you were a good egg.

Well I hope he reads this:

Thanks for all you've done.  But don't let it go to waste.  Be bold, make a change.  We are sleep walking towards relegation and the 'not in the bottom three' and 'only losing by one goal' BS is wearing thin.  

Also, I think you're being badly, badly advised.  Our football is awful.  The tactics are awful.  The shape (there isn't any really) is awful.  Players are regressing - REGRESSING under the tutelage of our 'head coach'.  Not one player has improved.  .  The 'head coach' is making it up as he goes along.  If you see different you're blind, if you're being told different, look closely at those advising you.  The fans and the players can see it, those close to you cant or won't.  Get a second, independent opinion if needs be - I'll help you out - ask Gary Owers!

So SL reads this forum.

Steve, thanks for sticking by an appointment that is absolutely destroying the club we love and thanks for making things so bad that I can't bear to watch the utter crap that your appointment is serving up.

By the way Steve, I was shouting 'WE WANT JOHNSON OUT' after Fulham scored their second goal, as I was there, unlike you, along with 1,000's of like minded supporters yet you choose to criticise us even though the game was NOT IN PLAY at the time as the Fulham players had to break sweat to run over to their fans and celebrate a very easy win. Aren't I naughty?

Enjoy the space at your lovely stadium in League 1 Steve, I most certainly won't be there again while your love child is still in charge. I would imagine a fair few would feel the same.

Thanks from my Mrs as well, as after 42 years, I can stay at home on Saturdays and do the decorating.

Cheers chump! 

7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Hiya Steve!

Can I have £500 to invest in an African prince who assures me via email that I will have it returned within a week and doubled. He can't access his bank account in the Cayman Islands because the Direct Debit Company froze his assets until the Sky bill has been paid. We can split the extra £500 between me and you.

Sounds like a good investment right? 

Cheers lad. Always knew you were a good egg.

hey hands off - I need him to invest in my solar power torch - no batteries needed works solely from energy from the sun

AK3308.jpg

28 minutes ago, Lee F said:

He mentioned more than once that we are not in the bottom 3. Is that the real tipping point? 

That where City were when all the other managers sacked by SL so yes, that's the tipping point it would seem.

SeniorJohnson was the only exception and he'd made his position untenable after the unprofessional punch up down in Plymouth so SL had no choice to sack him particularly after senior players had refused to play for him any longer.

Seriously how about people on here show SL some respect ? 

Question his footballing decisions but never his passion or his commitment. 

And I feel embarrassed being associated with some of the tripe directed at SL on otib in the last few weeks. Funny how it was all quiet at the start of the season?   

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

And I feel embarrassed being associated with some of the tripe directed at SL on otib in the last few weeks. Funny how it was all quiet at the start of the season?   

The manager and performances/results are pretty much all anyone cares about. 

In those respects, Bristol city are dire and getting worse. 

SL needs to know how we feel and he's pretty much invuted us to be more direct. 

Last time he said the majority were behind Lee, which was complete nonsense. Maybe he'll get the idea soon. 

He's not listening. 

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Totally agree anyone thinks they can do a better job get yer wad out

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

No one has questioned his passion or commitment as far as I can tell.  His judgment, yes.  Passion and commitment, no. That said, he shouldn't be above criticism just because he 'funds' the club.   I've put huge amounts of my money into the club over the past 30 years in terms of season tickets, travel, shirts etc., etc.  Money that at times I could ill afford and missed out on other things just to watch city.  Forget what money he's put in.  I spend 10-15% of my salary each year following city.  Thats passion and commitment.  And I'll never, ever get a return on that.  It's all for love. 

If i, or others, want to voice our opinions about the shambles that is the current first team set up then we will.  If he doesn't like it then he should come on here and tell us to stay away from the club.

5 minutes ago, Star of a gunner said:

Totally agree anyone thinks they can do a better job get yer wad out

What some of us believe fervently is the basis of the club is all wrong.  We don't want City subsumed into Bristol Sport. Alternative models would, and in the opinion of a number of us, should be the order of the day, in which we would not be in the hands of one man 'with a wad', as you put it, but should have a number of backers who all sit on a Board, which would be far more representative of fans and the local community, and take the decisions a normal company Board takes.

In short we wish for the time when we enjoy a far more professional approach to running the club appropriate to the 21st century.

7 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

No one has questioned his passion or commitment as far as I can tell.  His judgment, yes.  Passion and commitment, no. That said, he shouldn't be above criticism just because he 'funds' the club.   I've put huge amounts of my money into the club over the past 30 years in terms of season tickets, travel, shirts etc., etc.  Money that at times I could ill afford and missed out on other things just to watch city.  Forget what money he's put in.  I spend 10-15% of my salary each year following city.  Thats passion and commitment.  And I'll never, ever get a return on that.  It's all for love. 

If i, or others, want to voice our opinions about the shambles that is the current first team set up then we will.  If he doesn't like it then he should come on here and tell us to stay away from the club.

You can't and shouldn't forget ( £100 million plus) what SL puts in. As otherwise the 10-15% of yours and mine salary that we both spend would be irrelevant as without the bit you want to forget about we wouldn't have bristol city or at least a bristol city that we have today.

The bloke is awesome.

The amount he has spent on the stadium and players etc is huge and yet there are people on here who keep accusing him of the cheap option!! Crazy!

However I believe he is wrong sticking here. But as much as I want to scream at least he is backing his man. It would appear Steve is prepared to pick up the bill if we go down and lord knows how long it would take to come back. Nevertheless the message is clear to the fans and players. In LJ he trusts (for the next three games)

Archived