IGNORED

Half & Half Scarves......

Maesknoll Red

5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Fair play to Gaby Logan on Room 101, first thing she brought up was the ridiculousness of these things.

Come the glorious day, they'll be banned, anyone sporting one will be whisked off to the Gulag......

Oh and I was going to ask you to bring me one back from Newcastle tomorrow :)

13 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Fair play to Gaby Logan on Room 101, first thing she brought up was the ridiculousness of these things.

Come the glorious day, they'll be banned, anyone sporting one will be whisked off to the Gulag......

Beat me to it. It was a cert to go in with Frank Skinner.

Bloody abonimations

35 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It's like when you tell people you support Bristol city and they say yeh but what team in the premiership,so bizarre 

It isn't really an issue for us City fans, so no point in getting steamed up about it. It isn't likely to be an issue for quite some time either.

I have a mate who is a mad fan of  Glaswegian club...he is a Glaswegian, so no issue from me. He has loads of Polo shirts, home shirts and away shirts, but he soes collect the twin scarfs on his travels. His privelidge....but not for me

If someone thinks they can make money out of it, a scarf will be produced, one half red, the other blue with white writing. "Bristol" will be centralised with (obviously) "City in the red half and "Rovers" on the blue end.

Some fans will buy them as a souvenir of "a momentous and rare encounter between the West Country giants". Most fans of both clubs will avoid them though.

1 hour ago, otib118 said:

I own a Argentina vs Portugal one with the date and stadium name, have it pinned up on the wall as a memorabilia type thing, don't get the point in club ones tho

I guess that is how I always saw them.

Never bought one, but I always thought they were like a kind of souvenir. I happen to like buying a programme. Has both teams names on it. 

Never appealed to me, but equally obviously one of the few who does not see the 'hate'. If somebody wants one, and collects them as souvenirs I do not see the harm.

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

It isn't really an issue for us City fans, so no point in getting steamed up about it. It isn't likely to be an issue for quite some time either.

I have a mate who is a mad fan of  Glaswegian club...he is a Glaswegian, so no issue from me. He has loads of Polo shirts, home shirts and away shirts, but he soes collect the twin scarfs on his travels. His privelidge....but not for me

could be in jpt next season :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I guess that is how I always saw them.

Never bought one, but I always thought they were like a kind of souvenir. I happen to like buying a programme. Has both teams names on it. 

Never appealed to me, but equally obviously one of the few who does not see the 'hate'. If somebody wants one, and collects them as souvenirs I do not see the harm.

They sell them inside Premier League club shops. Embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

They sell them inside Premier League club shops. Embarrassing. 

I kind of agree.

Equally if when they were younger, I was taking my kiddies to their first and rare outing to a premier league team I supported, I could see how I could end up buying one so they had a momento of the game.

Wearing them is laughable, but can see a few Lincoln fans getting them at Arsenal. Maybe. Not my cup of tea, but can see why some buy them I suppose.

Archived