IGNORED

The Team of Trust

Linkedarm wall

It'll be interesting to see who LJ 'trusts' and by definition and perhaps more importantly, who he doesn't, after Tuesday. I wonder whether the players who played on Tuesday and don't today, will ever play for City under LJ again? The Johnson DNA  may not allow it.

Anyhow, I reckon Mags, O'Neill, Pack, Paterson, Bobby will be 'trusted', as for the formation well the usual, every formation you can think of throughout the game, naturally!

COYR

3 minutes ago, stokes7 said:

Reid should be nowhere near the team since the start of the season when he was playing well every time I have seen him since he has been awful

That because he has been either bunged on the wing or subbed on when we are losing. We need someone with a forward pass to support our lone striker (which I would expect is what we will do at Newcastle) and aside from Tomlin Reid can do this.

7 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Hegeler and Brownhill in the midfield doesn't work. No forward passing. I'd play a 4-5-1. Geiger, Goldbourne, Mags, Wright, Little, Bryan, Brownhill, Reid, Cotterill, O'Dowda, Djuric. 

Time to face facts, Bryan is a CM.  

That's bizzarre , his first game at CB he bombed forward all the time, looked slow and ponderous Wednesday. Looks like we've coached it out of him already. :blush2:

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Would it surprise you?

(by the way - good point!)

Nothing LJ does concerning team,tactics or subs would surprise me. Just gets a look/feeling of resignation from me now :(

If I had been asked to take over the team yesterday for this one game, I know what I would have done.

Called Tomlin into the office and told him he was our outstanding player in whom I had trust. You know all the lads, take the captain's armband, select your own team, lead from the front and fight for every ball, and if we lose 5-0 you will still be a hero, win 1-0 and the freedom of the city is yours for the asking

1 hour ago, Linkedarm wall said:

It'll be interesting to see who LJ 'trusts' and by definition and perhaps more importantly, who he doesn't, after Tuesday. I wonder whether the players who played on Tuesday and don't today, will ever play for City under LJ again? The Johnson DNA  may not allow it.

Anyhow, I reckon Mags, O'Neill, Pack, Paterson, Bobby will be 'trusted', as for the formation well the usual, every formation you can think of throughout the game, naturally!

COYR

If the 5 you list are in the circle of trust, where have they been of late?

Perhaps it's a masterplan to play all of those he doesn't trust, so that the fans turn on them :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Linkedarm wall said:

COYR

I thought we played on Wednesday...well we showed up on Wednesday anyway

3 hours ago, Linkedarm wall said:

COYR

The team will be energetic as well meaning we will start with four players at the best

Archived