IGNORED

Newcastle booed off at HT

Benjam!n Ultra

1 minute ago, cynic said:

You appear to have problems with comprehension - or just hear what you want to hear.

SL actually said you are entitled to show your displeasure - but doing so during the game is counter productive.

So make your little protest before the game, at half time, or at full time.

He is right in saying that - but it won't stop those who have problems controlling themselves during a game or people like you twisting it around to suit your agenda.

**** me the happy clappers are back. 

34 minutes ago, cynic said:

You appear to have problems with comprehension - or just hear what you want to hear.

SL actually said you are entitled to show your displeasure - but doing so during the game is counter productive.

He is right in saying that - but it won't stop those who have problems controlling themselves during a game or people like you twisting it around to suit your agenda.

Heard plenty of boos and restlessness all first half from the Newcastle fans, they were rattled. Didn't you?

Just accept SL was chatting shite and trying to blame anyone but LJ, he ****** up blaming us. 

3 hours ago, cynic said:

Football is not an organ recital, though, is it? It's not Beethoven's "Pastoral" Symphony. Or the theatre. Or poetry reading. It's the working man's game, and the working man does not pussy foot around. It's a "passionate" game. And an "escape." And a chance to "let off steam." Would you mind holding onto your strong feelings until the performers and my little friend are out of earshot? Thank you kindly. This is not the game you and me grew up with, Cynic.

SL has got a bloody cheek because I don't recall him taking the time to thank or praise the record season ticket sales (after a sh1te season last year), the biggest crowds for 37 years, and the remarkable restraint and tolerance of a crowd that has kept attending through a club record breaking run of consecutive defeats, and 13 defeats in 17 games. Not a ****ing word! (Not that I recall. I apologise if he has).

He should be apologising for an abysmal season, not handing out a ticking off. 

How does he explain those 8 consecutive defeats weeks ago - was that the crowd too? Utter sh1te, mate. In my humble opinion.

Is there not a wider point abut the 'wonderful' geordie 'nation' who whilst cantering to the the title boo their team for one slightly lack lustre 45 min spell, (what enviable passion those noddies have) where as we do nothing but endure the dirge that has been served up for 4 months without a whimper. Even then when we do show some warranted emotion it causes some kind of split with people being labelled as haters or having an agenda, despite witnessing record breaking losing streaks a club that has shown no progress in 2 years.

12 hours ago, aller g said:

**** me the happy clappers are back. 

Beautifully constructed counter-argument there, well done. @cynic's point - whether you agree with it or not - was nowhere near "happy clapping".

It appears "happy clapper" has become a lazy accusation aimed at anyone who dares to say anything positive, or even defend LJ or SL on a particular issue, by those not capable of actually putting together a reasoned opposite view.

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

Is there not a wider point abut the 'wonderful' geordie 'nation' who whilst cantering to the the title boo their team for one slightly lack lustre 45 min spell, (what enviable passion those noddies have) where as we do nothing but endure the dirge that has been served up for 4 months without a whimper. Even then when we do show some warranted emotion it causes some kind of split with people being labelled as haters or having an agenda, despite witnessing record breaking losing streaks a club that has shown no progress in 2 years.

The last time I watched a game at Newcastle, was the day Bobby Moore died. Newcastle were running away with the title, and Rovers were rock bottom. We drew 0-0 and Newcastle were booed off. The whole 'Geordie Nation' shit makes me cringe, they aren't any better (or worse) than the rest of us.

BTW, after that game I ended up on the piss with an old manager of yours- but that's another story!

10 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

The last time I watched a game at Newcastle, was the day Bobby Moore died. Newcastle were running away with the title, and Rovers were rock bottom. We drew 0-0 and Newcastle were booed off. The whole 'Geordie Nation' shit makes me cringe, they aren't any better (or worse) than the rest of us.

BTW, after that game I ended up on the piss with an old manager of yours- but that's another story!

They're the most overrated fanbase in the country, for various reasons. 

10 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Football is not an organ recital, though, is it? It's not Beethoven's "Pastoral" Symphony. Or the theatre. Or poetry reading. It's the working man's game, and the working man does not pussy foot around. It's a "passionate" game. And an "escape." And a chance to "let off steam." Would you mind holding onto your strong feelings until the performers and my little friend are out of earshot? Thank you kindly. This is not the game you and me grew up with, Cynic.

SL has got a bloody cheek because I don't recall him taking the time to thank or praise the record season ticket sales (after a sh1te season last year), the biggest crowds for 37 years, and the remarkable restraint and tolerance of a crowd that has kept attending through a club record breaking run of consecutive defeats, and 13 defeats in 17 games. Not a ****ing word! (Not that I recall. I apologise if he has).

He should be apologising for an abysmal season, not handing out a ticking off. 

How does he explain those 8 consecutive defeats weeks ago - was that the crowd too? Utter sh1te, mate. In my humble opinion.

SL in August/September

(About season ticket sales) "The support has been brilliant, obviously we'd like to build on it now we have the capacity to do so. But what this support has show is this club has moved on to the next level"

As for what he said t'other day, what is the issue?

He hasn't blamed the fans as some are trying to make out, or told fans not to express any frustration or concerns they have. He's asking for the people at the game to focus their energies on getting behind the team, rather than making the atmosphere even more negative. You don't have to "hold on to your strong feelings" either, but instead of bellowing negativity, channel it into something in support of the 11 men out there trying to win for us.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

SL in August/September

(About season ticket sales) "The support has been brilliant, obviously we'd like to build on it now we have the capacity to do so. But what this support has show is this club has moved on to the next level"

He hasn't blamed the fans as some are trying to make out, or told fans not to express any frustration or concerns they have. He's asking for the people at the game to focus their energies on getting behind the team, rather than making the atmosphere even more negative. You don't have to "hold on to your strong feelings" either, but instead of bellowing negativity, channel it into something in support of the 11 men out there trying to win for us.

Also, @Jack Dawe it's 12 defeats in 17 in the league, or 11 in 17 with the cup. Not a lot better, but in our current state our record hardly needs exaggerating.

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

The other thing with them is about how 'loyal' they are- always stood by their team etc. Well l the first time I went there, was Ardilles first game in charge, there were 14000 there! (And we won :))

14000 . Surprised it was that many considering who they were playing ;)

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

The other thing with them is about how 'loyal' they are- always stood by their team etc. Well l the first time I went there, was Ardilles first game in charge, there were 14000 there! (And we won :))

I thought i heard a commentator say we hadn't even scored a goal up a St. James's since 1977  did I hear that wrong? How could we have beaten them that day you are talking about?

10 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I thought i heard a commentator say we hadn't even scored a goal up a St. James's since 1977  did I hear that wrong? How could we have beaten them that day you are talking about?

Because he's gas?

We certainly have scored there since then though.

Agostino did in the cup.

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I've just looked it up and it appears there were actually 17000 there, so either my memory is playing up or they let the 3000 of us locked outside in.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Isn't it just a tiny bit odd though  I would never dream of siging up to their forum for any reason

Me neither but I'm glad we do get supporters of other clubs on here, it makes for more interesting discussion.

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

SL in August/September

Do you think the "negativity" of the fans last Wednesday evening is the primary reason for our fall from 5th to 21st? No, neither do I.

So wtf was SL referring to something that only emerged way after a club record run of consecutive league defeats, weeks later when we had managed two league wins in four months? Not a word from SL about the start and middle of that run - when there was very little or no "negativity," and remarkable tolerance, frankly - only the, frankly, understandable release of frustration after such a poor run of results. Why so?

Do you think he was addressing the heart of the matter? No, me neither.

Do you think he was deflecting attention from his favoured but failing-to-deliver paid employee on to his poorly rewarded paying "customers"?

Fair play to SL for the kind words back in September, though (when things were ticking over nicely), I apologise for over-looking that. It would be much better in future if he maintains something like a 5:1 ratio of positive words/critical words about his paying customers, and maybe keep any "negativity" he has about them for a time when his team and paid employees are not failing miserably to deliver.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

I've no doubt that is true..

Isn't it just a tiny bit odd though  I would never dream of siging up to their forum for any reason

I can't remember why I signed up, probably just out of nosiness. I didn't post at first, but made a few comments and kind of got dragged into it more, as it is one of the better forums (it's only downside being it's about City) . I don't really see any problem with football fans of different sides chatting. If a rival fans signs up and post comments along the lines of 'Ha ha, you're crap' type comments, then I agree it's a wee bit tedious.

Archived