IGNORED

Its next season I'm more worried about

Thatwasclose

I think we will stay up even with the master of misdirection still in charge, teams below us just do not have it in them and our form has been so atrioucious it can only get better from here on.

Rather, its the prospect of having LJ in charge again next season that I can't really stomach, the guy has been exposed over a reasonably lengthy period and unless we are going to buy a whole new squad of £5m plus players in the summer then expect more of the same.

Before long LJ and SL will be going on about our successful season because we stayed up but in reality that will be way outside our expectations given its our second season back in the championship.

Mr SL, If you are strictly looking long term, LJ has proven without doubt that he is not the man and next season will be a write-off wit he is still in charge.

I think lessons will be learnt, I'd fully expect us to invest in Championship quality players instead of players for the future.

Don't get me wrong, we may well buy a couple of players with an To the future but I think we'll have a few more Championship ready players in the squad & as long as we solve the obvious positions (full-back & maybe a replacement for Tammy), we should be a lot more solid as the right-back has been a problem all season & teams have taken advantage of it.

Yes. Let's hope lessons have been learnt. LJ has got the team playing good football at times. Let's hope we can do this for much longer periods of time.

Both LJ and the players will be a lot wiser from what has happened this season and with a couple of championship quality signing we can become a good championship side with LJ in charge.

27 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

I think we will stay up even with the master of misdirection still in charge, teams below us just do not have it in them and our form has been so atrioucious it can only get better from here on.

Rather, its the prospect of having LJ in charge again next season that I can't really stomach, the guy has been exposed over a reasonably lengthy period and unless we are going to buy a whole new squad of £5m plus players in the summer then expect more of the same.

Before long LJ and SL will be going on about our successful season because we stayed up but in reality that will be way outside our expectations given its our second season back in the championship.

Mr SL, If you are strictly looking long term, LJ has proven without doubt that he is not the man and next season will be a write-off wit he is still in charge.

'Proven without doubt'?  How do you rationalise that then?  What is your criterion for 'proof'?  My expectations were to consolidate this season, and I believe few had any expectations of the play-offs.  We would have hoped not to be close to the relegation zone, but given the turnover in squad it is hardly surprising.  This season is a learning experience, and sometimes you have to go through this sort of turmoil in order to progress.

Utterly pathetic for anyone to be already writing us off for for next season, and typical of the mentality on this website.  Any feeble excuse to jump on the bandwagon and find even more imaginative ways of criticising Lee Johnson.  I don't know how long you have been 'supporting' City (if indeed you do) but if you have been around a while you might remember season 1988-89 when a certain Joe Jordan had us pulling our hair out, and was rescued from the sack (the decision having already been taken by the Board) only by a completely unexpected 6-0 thrashing of Huddersfield.  The following season is, of course, history.

Rather than put up hypothetical situations to worry about, why not just get behind the club now?  That's what's needed.

30 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

Can we get this season over first

Hang on........

So now the OP is worried about next season..............:facepalm:

Im still worried bout City's perilous position in the SBC this season despite yesterday's well earned point - which after the inept Fulham performance might well be the turning point in City's campaign.

TBF to the OP , the point had crossed my mind. If we some how stay up LJ will be in charge of another season. That , at the moment , is a worrying prospect.

As for the current predicament , I find I go from game to game resigned to be disappointed , lose , capitulate or throw away a lead draw.

7 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Agree with the tenet of this post. We ain't going down this season. Next season however, I think we're gonna struggle badly.

Don't know how you can say with any confidence we won't go down this season. The odd good 45 minutes mixed in with a lot of dross doesn't give me the same feeling. 

As for struggling badly next season, we've been poor to mediocre since October so by that logic, we will be poor pretty much from the start. Can't wait!!!!

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Don't know how you can say with any confidence we won't go down this season. The odd good 45 minutes mixed in with a lot of dross doesn't give me the same feeling. 

As for struggling badly next season, we've been poor to mediocre since October so by that logic, we will be poor pretty much from the start. Can't wait!!!!

I have never thought we'll go down this season and firmly believe there are at least three worse sides - at least in terms of points gained between now and the end of the season.

I am really worried about next season though.  I think we have assembled a squad chocked full of mediocrity and January has compounded it.  LJ or whoever is in charge has a LOT of work to do.

1 hour ago, Thatwasclose said:

Could LJ's problem be the same as his father? GJ found it very difficult to manage players who had achieved something as "he had no medals". 

It's a decent post this. It worries me that we'll still have Johnson in charge next Aug wherever we end up. It's nigh on impossible for him to regain the trust of many supporters now. Any minor run of bad results and people will be all, "Here we go...". 

As for those of you suggesting, if we stay up, lessons will be learnt... I'm sorry? Which club have you been supporting for the last X years? When was the last time we made a mistake and rectified it the next time around? We even got the transfer window last summer wrong, following the most disastrous one ever in 2015. We couldn't even learn that lesson. (Admittedly I thought we'd done decent business last summer - but we got lucky with Tammy, wasted the Kodge money by not spending it advisedly, or at all, got priorities wrong in buying the likes of Girolamo who'll never have an impact on the First Team and didn't strengthen weak areas like the full-backs. I was well wrong.)

We don't do learning lessons and you're in Cloud Cuckoo La La Land if you think we'll just get this season out the way and 'kick on'. Christ.

3 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I think lessons will be learnt, I'd fully expect us to invest in Championship quality players instead of players for the future.

Don't get me wrong, we may well buy a couple of players with an To the future but I think we'll have a few more Championship ready players in the squad & as long as we solve the obvious positions (full-back & maybe a replacement for Tammy), we should be a lot more solid as the right-back has been a problem all season & teams have taken advantage of it.

Why would you think lessons will be learnt. Because they certainly have not been this season so far.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Could LJ's problem be the same as his father? GJ found it very difficult to manage players who had achieved something as "he had no medals". 

Any player with that kind of ego and that childish, unprofessional attitude would I hope be moved on. And what players we had under GJ had achieved big things? Then as now we had 1 or 2 who thought they were 'big names ' but weren't.

Because they can't sign players now!

They should of realised that we need more players for the now, LJ has taken on the project of building for the future & I believe that is why he has managed to keep his job because he was planning for the future (which is what the club wanted) but he will be more aware now that tomorrow never comes & he needs to take care of the now & worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

As a club we got the ratio of signings wrong, we signed more players with an eye on the future, instead of spending what budget there was available on players to perform now.

I would expect LJ to of recognised this & how close he was / is to losing his job.

This is why so many managers / head coaches sign older players that can be relied on because it is most likely that they won't be in a job for years to come & to see those future players come good.

Archived