IGNORED

Bristol Flyers Dramatic Winner

Unan

Makes it a pretty good weekend for Bristol Sport...

Next thing we know, someone will be posting badminton on here. You heard it here first!

And there was I thinking that we are a football forum...

Actually a great shot, and if SL could give us a top tier ice hockey team I wouldn't complain, although they would need a much better name than the "Pitbulls'.

31 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Next thing we know, someone will be posting badminton on here. You heard it here first!

Actually a great shot, and if SL could give us a top tier ice hockey team I wouldn't complain, although they would need a much better name than the "Pitbulls'.

What's wrong with the pitbulls? The amount of work those guys have put in to keep Bristol ice hockey alive after losing their rink for development is astounding (travelling to Oxford for home games, having to travel to Oxford and Birmingham to practice as that was the only place they could find ice time), they have won promotion from Division 2 but turned it down as they didn't have the facilities  in place due to having to play in Oxford. Hopefully they will be home in Cribbs Causeway soon and can kick on.

31 minutes ago, worthyred said:

What's wrong with the pitbulls? The amount of work those guys have put in to keep Bristol ice hockey alive after losing their rink for development is astounding (travelling to Oxford for home games, having to travel to Oxford and Birmingham to practice as that was the only place they could find ice time), they have won promotion from Division 2 but turned it down as they didn't have the facilities  in place due to having to play in Oxford. Hopefully they will be home in Cribbs Causeway soon and can kick on.

Please don't get me wrong, I have a huge amount of admiration for the guys who have kept the Pitbulls going against all the odds. Many others would have given up.

I just don't like their name - don't like Pitbulls as a breed, and it has nothing to do with the city as such. A bit like "Rovers"!!!

8 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Not one to toot my own horn but I played a pretty good game of scrabble yesterday :whistle:

15 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Not one to toot my own horn but I played a pretty good game of scrabble yesterday :whistle:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have it on good authority that SL prefers Tiddlywinks, and so will be looking to expand the BS franchise in that direction!

14 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Please don't get me wrong, I have a huge amount of admiration for the guys who have kept the Pitbulls going against all the odds. Many others would have given up.

I just don't like their name - don't like Pitbulls as a breed, and it has nothing to do with the city as such. A bit like "Rovers"!!!

I get that and it's a shame they play in blue as well!, the name's just an Americanism I guess (although I do prefer Pitbulls to the former Bulldogs and Avon Flyers names) Main thing is to try and get them playing back in Bristol, which hopefully will happen within the next 12 months!

1 hour ago, worthyred said:

I get that and it's a shame they play in blue as well!, the name's just an Americanism I guess (although I do prefer Pitbulls to the former Bulldogs and Avon Flyers names) Main thing is to try and get them playing back in Bristol, which hopefully will happen within the next 12 months!

worthyred have to agree that having a rink for them to play on back in Bristol is a must.

First saw hockey when I worked and lived in Cardiff. The Devils used to get 5000 attend their games in the early & mid 90s played on Sunday early evenings. Helped that they were winning the league!

After that moved to Canada & would occasionally manage to get a ticket for an NHL game. So fast and furious, plus great atmosphere especially when I got to see Vancouver beat Calgary 6-0 first game of the season a few years ago.

Still trying to think of a better name than the Pitbulls. Bulldogs was the speedway so no good. Bullets is the American Football team. Bristol Bombers is the Lacrosse team apparently!

So how about the Bristol Beaufighters? Sounds pretty tough and has local relevance being a plane made in the city.

Archived