IGNORED

August 1979

North London Red

City's last visit to Villa Park was on the 25th of August 1979, which by my reckoning must make Villa Park the ground in the current 92 that we haven't been to for the longest amount of time (among the 84 out of 92 that we've played on at least once). 

Anyone on here go that day? We won 2-0. 

It will be good to tick it off the list with City tomorrow (I've been there when England were on the road during Wembley's redevelopment, but am not old enough to have gone in 79). 

9 minutes ago, North London Red said:

We've only played at Accrington once, in an FA cup tie in 1958. Their current stadium was only built in 1968. So Accrington is one of the 8 we haven't played at. 

You can't leave that hanging there. What are the other 7. I'll kick the ball off with the Emirates and the Etihad.

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

You can't leave that hanging there. What are the other 7. I'll kick the ball off with the Emirates and the Etihad.

Manchester City

Arsenal

West Ham

Accrington Stanley

Morecambe

Newport County

Oxford United

Barnet

Whilst we haven't played AFC Wimbledon at Kingsmeadow, it is a ground we've played on once, against Kingstonian in 2001. 

3 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Yes, I went to that, we played well and were good value for the 2-0 scoreline. Unfortunately it was one of those seasons when we had a good start then it all went pear shaped as we were relegated to Div 2 in the end.

is that the game where Joe Royle's fist and Alan Evans jaw collided? Joe didn't even wait for the card that day...he knew what was coming

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

They are a phoenix type club, so doesn't really count?

Either way we've never played at the Crown Ground (their current stadium). The game in 1958 would have been at Peel Park, their former stadium. 

The phoenix club point is an interesting one though - Aldershot were back in the league relatively recently before being relegated back to the conference, and the phoenix club play at the Recreation Ground (same as the old Aldershot). If they were back in the 92 now, would it count as City having played them before, or should they count as two separate teams? 

3 hours ago, North London Red said:

City's last visit to Villa Park was on the 25th of August 1979, which by my reckoning must make Villa Park the ground in the current 92 that we haven't been to for the longest amount of time (among the 84 out of 92 that we've played on at least once). 

Anyone on here go that day? We won 2-0. 

It will be good to tick it off the list with City tomorrow (I've been there when England were on the road during Wembley's redevelopment, but am not old enough to have gone in 79). 

My latest obsession is ticking grounds off with Rovers. Bolton tomorrow will be number 170!

1 hour ago, North London Red said:

Either way we've never played at the Crown Ground (their current stadium). The game in 1958 would have been at Peel Park, their former stadium. 

The phoenix club point is an interesting one though - Aldershot were back in the league relatively recently before being relegated back to the conference, and the phoenix club play at the Recreation Ground (same as the old Aldershot). If they were back in the 92 now, would it count as City having played them before, or should they count as two separate teams? 

I`ve always regarded it as the patch of grass so under my criteria Aldershot wouldn`t count as a `new` one.

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

My latest obsession is ticking grounds off with Rovers. Bolton tomorrow will be number 170!

Hats off, 170 is an incredible number. I doubt there are many fans in the country who can say they've seen their team on anywhere near that many different grounds. Puts my mere 96 (or 97 if you count pre-2000 Wembley and post-2007 Wembley as separate grounds) with City in the shade!

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Fair play you!

As NLR says, that's one hell of an achievement.

I'd be on my second divorce, if I dedicated as much of my time to football.... :ermm:

15 hours ago, North London Red said:

Hats off, 170 is an incredible number. I doubt there are many fans in the country who can say they've seen their team on anywhere near that many different grounds. Puts my mere 96 (or 97 if you count pre-2000 Wembley and post-2007 Wembley as separate grounds) with City in the shade!

I've got a mate who follows Worcester city religiously and has ticked off 183 now. That being said its much easier in non league with the various reshuffles going on. Worcester being moved from conference north to south on occasions adds to this too.

And yes he is single.....

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Hey music lovers, here is the poptabulous UK singles chart from Saturday August 25th 1979: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/19790819/7501/

For some inspiration, see number 4.

'ark at Randy Vanwarmer mind!

That was a particular favourite  of my cousin, she played it constantly. Good old days...

26 minutes ago, WR5 said:

I've got a mate who follows Worcester city religiously and has ticked off 183 now. That being said its much easier in non league with the various reshuffles going on. Worcester being moved from conference north to south on occasions adds to this too.

And yes he is single.....

I know of a Gloucester City fan like that. He's single too.....just wedded to the Tigers. :blink:

Archived