IGNORED

Starting XI

dereks no1

Good performance on Saturday but a few players now fit and rested as well as playing different kind of opponents. Starting XI? Personally I'd go with:

Giefer

Vyner  Flint  Wright  Magnusson

Cotterill  Hegeler  O'Neil  Bryan

Taylor   Djuric

Aston Villa have a shaky defensive and the combination of Taylor and Djuric could cause all kinds of problems especially if Cotterill and Bryan play the way the have in the past few games. The two in the middle should stand up against the experienced Jedinak/Lansbury/Hourihane and the defensive is pretty self explanatory.  COYR

14 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

Good performance on Saturday but a few players now fit and rested as well as playing different kind of opponents. Starting XI? Personally I'd go with:

Giefer

Vyner  Flint  Wright  Magnusson

Cotterill  Hegeler  O'Neil  Bryan

Taylor   Djuric

Aston Villa have a shaky defensive and the combination of Taylor and Djuric could cause all kinds of problems especially if Cotterill and Bryan play the way the have in the past few games. The two in the middle should stand up against the experienced Jedinak/Lansbury/Hourihane and the defensive is pretty self explanatory.  COYR

One thing is certain,we won't keep the same side as Saturday,we can't keep a winning side(not many wins I know)let alone a drawing side.

I'd absolutely be starting Djuric and Taylor if both fit. 

Dare I say it, I might even be inclined to go 3-5-2 tonight. What am I thinking?!

Gk: Giefer

RWB: Cotterill

RCB: Wright

CB: Flint

LCB: Magnusson

LWB: Bryan

CM: Smith

CM: GON/Hegler

CAM: Tomlin

ST: Djuric

ST: Taylor

Gung-ho approach, but let's face it. We need points on the board. I look forward to seeing the manager's choice.

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I'd absolutely be starting Djuric and Taylor if both fit. 

Dare I say it, I might even be inclined to go 3-5-2 tonight. What am I thinking?!

Gk: Giefer

RWB: Cotterill

RCB: Wright

CB: Flint

LCB: Magnusson

LWB: Bryan

CM: Smith

CM: GON/Hegler

CAM: Tomlin

ST: Djuric

ST: Taylor

Gung-ho approach, but let's face it. We need points on the board. I look forward to seeing the manager's choice.

My exact team, Cotterill has the work rate to play RWB and Magnusson can't not play + with no real RB a Cotteril/Wright partnership should be good enough for the right.

Trying to second guess LJ's selection is about the best entertainment you can have as a City supporter these days. So many combinations that you have more chance of winning the half time draw than getting it right!

And for those of old enough to remember her, it was beautifully summed up by Toyah "It's a Mythtery"!

4 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Trying to second guess LJ's selection is about the best entertainment you can have as a City supporter these days. So many combinations that you have more chance of winning the half time draw than getting it right!

And for those of old enough to remember her, it was beautifully summed up by Toyah "It's a Mythtery"!

Love a bit of Ginge...

Reading the Villa Forum they were worried about the mobility of Tammy until they realised he's injured

They were saying against a low mobility big man they can cope all day long but struggle against mobility and runs in behind

Real shame that Tammy not available - Does he go Wilbs alone (Duric still injured I believe) or together with Taylor

Difficult as it looks like Wilbs up top might suit them 

:whistle:

13 minutes ago, mundz18 said:

I'd keep as close as possible to the side that played on the weekend, only swapping out the players who are too tired to play another game so soon.. was a good performance, no need to change too much unless we need to

Yep.

None of the team at Newcastle deserved to left out tonight.

That said, the main question is whether Father Wilbraham will be able to start another game so soon after the last one.

9 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

The one combination that not many guessed!

LJ going against type surprises again!

On a wet potentially heavy pitch, I would imagine that both Wilbs & GO'N may need replacing at some point. Seems unlikely they will both manage 90 minutes twice in 4 days after so few starts recently. Taylor to come on later and run against tiring defenders perhaps? We will see.

Come on you Reds!!

Archived