IGNORED

Giefer

Big Red Rich

I don't think he's been awful. I don't think he's been anywhere near expectation. Saturday I thought may have been a turning point for him. I don't know how he did tonight but now he's 10 or so games in, I'd expect an improvement. 

Of the last few seasons, O'Donnell was the best we've had. Confidence player though and when he lost it as he did, he was quite poor. Most teams struggle to find a top keeper at this level as I think most are either starting or sitting on a bench at the level above. Look at Darrow at Newcastle. I've watched him two games in a row now and he's as dodgy as they come. Villa have loaned one in from Man U. 

Come to think of it, I can only really think of maybe 3-4 in the division that would start for any team in it. Westwood and Stockdale are two. Had Lee Camp not been injured, we may well be looking a Rotherham as one who could catch us. Not many others I can think of

10 minutes ago, otib118 said:

After going through Giefer Lucic O'Donnell & Fielding I'd be looking more in the direction of the defence!

I raised this point a few weeks ago, but sometimes if you dare to ask questions of the only stalwart in our defence, Flint, you don't get the discussion the question merits. 

2 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

He was giving it the big one in this interview when he joined the club but has been poor at best

Yeah, wasn't there a remark about "destroying our mistakes"? 

Not that he has made calamitous errors a la David James but neither has he done what he was brought in to do - improve upon our existing number 1.

12 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I raised this point a few weeks ago, but sometimes if you dare to ask questions of the only stalwart in our defence, Flint, you don't get the discussion the question merits. 

Yeah, wasn't there a remark about "destroying our mistakes"? 

Not that he has made calamitous errors a la David James but neither has he done what he was brought in to do - improve upon our existing number 1.

Very true! Must be only me and you that see him as back up at best!

Archived