IGNORED

Lansdown doesn't care

Benjam!n Ultra

He said in his Bristol Sport (catalogue of successful teams) breakfast that if relegation occured we'd all come back when we are at the top.

The moron has forgotten that Bristol City is a proud club and that LJ's highest finish in the league below (forgetting he's thick as ****) is 11th. 

We're actually sleepwalking into a L1 nightmare and he's happy to let that happen. 

59 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

He said in his Bristol Sport (catalogue of successful teams) breakfast that if relegation occured we'd all come back when we are at the top.

The moron has forgotten that Bristol City is a proud club and that LJ's highest finish in the league below (forgetting he's thick as ****) is 11th. 

We're actually sleepwalking into a L1 nightmare and he's happy to let that happen. 

Moron?

Seriously?

48 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

What do you expect him to say. We've gone from first to fourth in the past.if this squad is not good enough we have to have a back up plan.With ffp we can't buy another one.

Well we probably wont be able to buy a new squad because his boy has just bought half a new squad in january. Not much room for manouvre left in terms of ffp id imagine.

13 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Well we probably wont be able to buy a new squad because his boy has just bought half a new squad in january. Not much room for manouvre left in terms of ffp id imagine.

I wouldn't worry too much, most of the players won't want to stay if we go down. Recoup a bit in fees, although obviously less than paid, and s smaller wage bill.

And then I guess SL's assumption is that we will just cruise back to the top of League 1 and the crowds will flock back. That's not exactly what happened last time we went down. As I recall we were nearly 3 months into the season before we managed a win! No reason to suggest we would find it any easier next time, with a new team having to be put together from scratch...

especially if LJ is still in charge!

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

OP is a knob.  

Truth hurts eh? Feel the need to resort to childish insults at the OP because he has come out and said the reality that we all know but dont want to face? Look in the mirror pal.

Lansdown pisses away millions year after year and the return from his investment is utter drivel. His blind faith in Johnson  and reluctance to remove an absolute loser from the club is is akin to gross incompetence. The fact that we stand to meet our tramp neighbours in league action next season tells us everything we need to know about the absolute failure Lansdowns "project" is fast becoming, 

6 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Rubbish.

The man has ripped the heart out of this club.

I  can cope with lower league football unfortunately it looks like we're going to have to endure all the premiership bullshit whilst playing Northampton next season.  It's a ******* disgrace, do one or the other but we appear to be getting the worst of both worlds.

IMHO SL is fully responsible for this seasons shambles, I actually feel a little sorry for LJ.. has any other manager been allowed to just go on and on losing games without reprisal... should have been put out of his misery in December... 

One consistently with our club... failure!!!

35 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Truth hurts eh? Feel the need to resort to childish insults at the OP because he has come out and said the reality that we all know but dont want to face? Look in the mirror pal.

Lansdown pisses away millions year after year and the return from his investment is utter drivel. His blind faith in Johnson  and reluctance to remove an absolute loser from the club is is akin to gross incompetence. The fact that we stand to meet our tramp neighbours in league action next season tells us everything we need to know about the absolute failure Lansdowns "project" is fast becoming, 

Someone who has invested millions into the cub should not be called a moron. You're clearly a knob as well.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Someone who has invested millions into the cub should not be called a moron. You're clearly a knob as well.

This I totally agree with, whilst the footballing decisions have been terrible on the whole SL has stuck by the club and delivered a lot!!! We're still as shit as the day he signed up mind!!

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I agree that perhaps calling him a moron was a little harsh but as another poster said, his current behaviour and blind faith in his project is pretty moronic and people are rightly calling him out for it,

We are all pretty hacked off right now, but you shouldnt personally insult me or the OP. We all support the same team and at the end of the day just want BCFC to succeed. Lets stick together.

9 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I agree that perhaps calling him a moron was a little harsh but as another poster said, his current behaviour and blind faith in his project is pretty moronic and people are rightly calling him out for it,

We are all pretty hacked off right now, but you shouldnt personally insult me or the OP. We all support the same team and at the end of the day just want BCFC to succeed. Lets stick together.

I insulted the OP for insulting our owner who has ploughed millions into this club. Potentially we would be a lot worse off without him.

I insulted you for defending the OP. 

Lansdown may be flawed in his managerial selections and for his backing of LJ but we could well be worse off without him.  

57 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

"The truth hurts" eh?

Do you think it's the truth that Lansdown "doesn't care"?

Do you think it's the truth that he's a "moron"?

Do you think it's the truth that he's "happy to let that happen"?

The OP is talking utter garbage. SL has made some poor decisions but to suggest he doesn't care is clearly rubbish.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"The truth hurts" eh?

The OP is talking utter garbage. SL has made some poor decisions but to suggest he doesn't care is clearly rubbish.

But surely if he cared he would have stopped the current situation before now? 

If he cares so much why is he allowing such an inept manager carry on for so long? 

I hope SL does read this forum as he said, the fans disagreeing with a manager is one thing, the owner something VERY, VERY different.  It feels like we're getting to that point and I think relegation would be disastrous for the SL fan relationship.

Relegation is something that happens and I'm sure we all accept that, but the manner of the relegation smacks of either incompetence or arrogance.  That will not be forgiven.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

But surely if he cared he would have stopped the current situation before now? 

If he cares so much why is he allowing such an inept manager carry on for so long? 

Because he thinks it's the right decision, even if most of us don't agree with it. Absolutely nothing to do with not caring.

I suspect there may have been attempts to recruit a replacement going on in the background that are either ongoing, or failed to materialise.

28 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I insulted the OP for insulting our owner who has ploughed millions into this club. Potentially we would be a lot worse off without him.

I insulted you for defending the OP.

Lansdown may be flawed in his managerial selections and for his backing of LJ but we could well be worse off without him.  

Yes indeed. Would you kindly not do that please? There are more grown up ways to debate with people.

Im grateful for all Lansdown has done for us off the field, but we are plummeting backwards on it. Compare him to the likes of Hew Jenkins and Tony Bloom who have operated within similar budgets and he has been an utter failure. Its about time he took some criticism for his decision making because we the fans are the ones that have to bear the brunt of it with week after week of rubbish football.

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"The truth hurts" eh?

I dont even know anymore mate. I've always considered SL as caring passionately about this club but he's let this farce continue to such an extent that I'm beginning to wonder whats on his mind. Is he happy now that he's got the Bristol Sport model up and running? Maybe he should come out and explain to us why he's sticking with a man who is taking us straight to League 1 and why he thinks its good for the club, rather than just blaming the fans? Some of us dedicate all their free time to this club and deserve a real answer as to why they have to continually watch absolute garbage whilst our owner sits back and does nothing about it.

Lansdown does seem indifferent to our plight in that he's the one man in a position to pull some levers to try to change it and he's choosing not to do it.

He exhibits a clueless mentality when it comes to ownership of a football club. He's portrayed as a billionaire benefactor with the City crest stamped through his DNA but he's really just another in a long line of club owners whose attitude is "it's my club and I'll do what I want with it."

Lansdown needs to think long and hard about whether he's acting in the best long-term interests of the club. If not, then he needs to make way for someone who will.

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

I hope SL does read this forum as he said, the fans disagreeing with a manager is one thing, the owner something VERY, VERY different.  It feels like we're getting to that point and I think relegation would be disastrous for the SL fan relationship.

Relegation is something that happens and I'm sure we all accept that, but the manner of the relegation smacks of either incompetence or arrogance.  That will not be forgiven.

Steve Lansdown has cultivated the regular guy persona, even though he is phenomenally wealthy. I think he has a colossal ego, and can`t bear to be proved wrong. This muddle headed intransigence will see us relegated, and I believe he would earn far more respect from fans if he was a tad more humble, and a tad more clear headed. There may be just enough time to save the day, but not if he prevaricates. I am not especially hopeful that he will act in time. 

I have much respect for SL but felt somewhat irked when he suggested that the fans shouldn't voice their opinions during the Fulham game.

I travel 4 hours each way (not to mention petrol/food/ticket costs etc) to watch the crap currently being served up and I'll voice my opinion if I want to.

I'm seriously considering calling it a day for the season, I mean what would you do if you were me?

Of course he cares but like LJ he totally out of his depth when it comes to making sound football decisions.

SL has shown incredible passion/love for this club but he has to hand the football decisions over to people who can deal with them, there's no other option, end of story :grr:.

Archived