IGNORED

WHO WILL BE LEFT

generation1

Not an anti /pro LJ thread so please do not highjack it

just wondered what sort of squad we would have if the worst (div 1 ) becomes reality, if we stay up by some miracle the problem will not be the same but going down almost means we start again.

The loan players will be gone so no Tammy,Gieffer,Cotterill or Matthews. not sure who is out of contract believe its Wilbs and Little maybe more.

The main question is how many of those who helped us into this state believe they are good enough to stay in the championship and who would command a fee of any sort ( and how much)

love to hear your views on this and what you feel we need to sign to bounce back quickly ( remember no mentions of managers please)

I can't think of many. Most will be accustomed to playing at a higher level (not matter how shite they were) and will be keen to leave. I suspect that Korey Smith will be our key man next season - he will be determined to prove himself after this season and still seems committed to the club. I think Taylor will be our talisman also.

2 minutes ago, ploppy said:

I can't think of many. Most will be accustomed to playing at a higher level (not matter how shite they were) and will be keen to leave. I suspect that Korey Smith will be our key man next season - he will be determined to prove himself after this season and still seems committed to the club. I think Taylor will be our talisman also.

Also a HM and BW partnership would be nice to see. 

Would a smaller group be easier to keep happy? SC did very well with a small squad and so did JB and LJ in the second half of last season. If you look at a lot of line ups through out the championship you won't find a team sheet which is so different week in week out than ours. If the tinker didn't have the players available he wouldn't be able to mess around with formations and line ups. 

3 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Would a smaller group be easier to keep happy? SC did very well with a small squad and so did JB and LJ in the second half of last season. If you look at a lot of line ups through out the championship you won't find a team sheet which is so different week in week out than ours. If the tinker didn't have the players available he wouldn't be able to mess around with formations and line ups. 

I did admire how little our team changed during our double winning season. We played pretty much the same defence and midfield for 46 games. We only swapped the strikers out due to injuries to Agard and Wilbs in the middle of the season. Glory days mate

27 minutes ago, generation1 said:

Not an anti /pro LJ thread so please do not highjack it

just wondered what sort of squad we would have if the worst (div 1 ) becomes reality, if we stay up by some miracle the problem will not be the same but going down almost means we start again.

The loan players will be gone so no Tammy,Gieffer,Cotterill or Matthews. not sure who is out of contract believe its Wilbs and Little maybe more.

The main question is how many of those who helped us into this state believe they are good enough to stay in the championship and who would command a fee of any sort ( and how much)

love to hear your views on this and what you feel we need to sign to bounce back quickly ( remember no mentions of managers please)

When we get relegated, I expect Wright, O'Neil, Tomlin, Brownhill, Magnusson, Hegeler to all certainly leave plus the loan players. 

If we stay up (I don't think we will) the question is how many players will we lose? I do think Johnson has pissed off several players , with his continued changing of the starting 11 and even the squad. We've seen players like Reid, Magnusson in particular excluded from the squad recently plus Pack. Whether people rate those players as starting 11 or not, the constant change of team / squad is bound to have an impact on players both individually and collectively

In addition to the loanees, Hordur will wish to leave for a start- doubt he signed from Juventus youth for League One, likewise the way he has been frozen out with our defence shipping goals is plain mad- again he won't like that. Tomlin because of the wages maybe, will see himself as too good for League One as well. Wright will not have signed up for this! Keeping Fielding but selling O'Donnell? Club got that one the wrong way round I think. There will be quite the exodus.

29 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

We'll be in a shocking position with high wages and low income. We'll also have players less mentally prepared for L1 and they'll see it as beneath them. 

Can they be less mentally or physically prepared than they are now?          If the record breaker is in charge we could stoop to a record breaking run of form at the bottom of league 1 I suppose! 

Bryan needs to find his form, he was woeful last night, L1 would be good for him. Hopefully Reid would stay, he'd be excellent in L1. Moore, Vyner, Flint and Goldbourne would be a solid back 4 at that level. 

I'd stick Bryan in midfield because that's where he is best. 

Fielding, Goldbourne, Vyner, Flint, Moore, Bryan, Smith, Reid, O'Dowda, New RW, Taylor or something like that would be the line up. 

Actually a v. Good L1 side. 

Any decent academy prospects?

Edit: forgot Pack, feel like a Championship side would move for him.

would like to see us manage to retain those who helped us up last time or that have experience in the  division i.e. Smith ,Pack, Flint, Reid ,Taylor ,Bryant

ad in some youngsters O Leary, Mccluskey , Vyner,Moore and any of under 23s that are ready

lose the high wage earners with maybe exception of Tomlin (think how a fit/motivated LT would tear that division apart)

maybe offer Wilbs another year to be captain

31 minutes ago, generation1 said:

would like to see us manage to retain those who helped us up last time or that have experience in the  division i.e. Smith ,Pack, Flint, Reid ,Taylor ,Bryant

ad in some youngsters O Leary, Mccluskey , Vyner,Moore and any of under 23s that are ready

lose the high wage earners with maybe exception of Tomlin (think how a fit/motivated LT would tear that division apart)

maybe offer Wilbs another year to be captain

I agree with most of that except Tomlin to go his wages get three decent div 1 players and really not sure wilbs  got the legs for it next year

Archived