IGNORED

does anyone actually want LJ to stay?

cheshire_red

4 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

Most importantly SL does......

It must be more than SL though. Other board members must be in agreement also. It bugs me that it keeps coming back to SL. He was supposed to be stepping away more from the footballing decisions so why is it he had to front the cameras. What are the others on the payroll for?

Nope, Fulham was the final straw for me. I must have been one of the last to turn

I'm sure there will still be people who back him though. As it seems he's staying I hope they are correct in their judgement!

We look proper screwed right now, get the new man in now, assess the squad and strike while the iron is hot in the summer

Ugh - here we go again.....

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Nope, Fulham was the final straw for me. I must have been one of the last to turn

I'm sure there will still be people who back him though. As it seems he's staying I hope they are correct in their judgement!

We look proper screwed right now, get the new man in now, assess the squad and strike while the iron is hot in the summer

Ugh - here we go again.....

Same timing as me, I'd been wavering for a while - since Cardiff at home - but Fulham was the final straw for me. 

I really really wanted him to work out, possibly more than any other manager we've had in the 12 years or so i've been interested in City. I think he comes across as very likeable, interesting and I appreciate how much info he gave us in press conferences. I've heard first hand accounts of him giving up his own time to help aspiring coaches who are trying to gain their badges. I liked the idea of finishing what his father started. Sadly, it was probably 5 years too early for him at least.

There just needs to be a conclusion to it now. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Same timing as me, I'd been wavering for a while - since Cardiff at home - but Fulham was the final straw for me. 

I really really wanted him to work out, possibly more than any other manager we've had in the 12 years or so i've been interested in City. I think he comes across as very likeable, interesting and I appreciate how much info he gave us in press conferences. I've heard first hand accounts of him giving up his own time to help aspiring coaches who are trying to gain their badges. I liked the idea of finishing what his father started. Sadly, it was probably 5 years too early for him at least.

There just needs to be a conclusion to it now. 

forest for me,

to think I said to my group of friends after the preston defeat that we were in a relegation battle and they laughed at me :( I hate being right sometimes

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

forest for me,

to think I said to my group of friends after the preston defeat that we were in a relegation battle and they laughed at me :( I hate being right sometimes

I was looking back at our fixtures to try and pinpoint when I began to waver about LJ and I'd forgotten some of the games.. all those defeats seemed to merge into one nightmare run of form. 

I was wavering after Reading at home, Cardiff was the final straw for me. I think it was really obvious at that point that we were only heading one way.

I've been at the point where I don't understand Lansdown's trust in LJ for a long while now. It seems to boil down to the fact that LJ does things in exactly the way Lansdown wants, and shares his 'vision' for the club, whatever that is. He also has a lot of personal history with SL. In other words, he's a yes man and SL likes him.

Putting those reasons ahead of the overwhelming evidence that LJ is out of his depth is mind boggling, irresponsible and downright ridiculous. 

To be fair if you still supported him - and I'm sure that there are a few that do - why would you want to post on this thread just so you can be shot down in flames?

I think the logic goes something along the lines seen it all before and want to try not sacking the manager this time. The catch with that is we've tried it for weeks and the redemption hasn't arrived, just more of the same.

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I was wavering after Reading at home, Cardiff was the final straw for me. I think it was really obvious at that point that we were only heading one way.

I've been at the point where I don't understand Lansdown's trust in LJ for a long while now. It seems to boil down to the fact that LJ does things in exactly the way Lansdown wants, and shares his 'vision' for the club, whatever that is. He also has a lot of personal history with SL. In other words, he's a yes man and SL likes him.

Putting those reasons ahead of the overwhelming evidence that LJ is out of his depth is mind boggling, irresponsible and downright ridiculous. 

So you want him to stay then :laughcont:

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Where have all the LJ Blind Faith Collective gone again ?

Noticeable missing posters 

Desperately trying to find another pitiful excuse manual ?

:whistle:

Now now Bob, the post has only been up about 15 minutes, not all of us live on the board, some people have jobs that don't allow them to hang on every word spoken by OTIB posters etc.

The post is 'Does anyone actually want LJ to Stay?' - a 'look at me, I'm one of you guys' posts.

Let's face it, LJ is no longer walking on thin ice, he's actually walking on water. If he's still here on Saturday, I suspect that he'll have to dish out a thrashing to Burton to keep his job, but then again, I'm not SL. It will be SL who decides ultimately and I take my hard hat off to him for resisting pressure from fan groups who want LJ gone.

To the question, do I support LJ? Yes (I've put my hard hat back on and donned my protective clothing as directed by Health and Safety), with provisos:

He doesn't take us into the relegation zone

Now, am I allowed to support LJ, and the team as a whole for that matter, or has OTIB been hijacked by a mob? I'll find out soon enough.

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

To be fair if you still supported him - and I'm sure that there are a few that do - why would you want to post on this thread just so you can be shot down in flames?

I think the logic goes something along the lines seen it all before and want to try not sacking the manager this time. The catch with that is we've tried it for weeks and the redemption hasn't arrived, just more of the same.

That's pretty much where I was until probably the Forest game, give it a chance and not panic at the first signs of trouble. Unfortunately there's been no improvement and if anything we're getting worse. Nothing against the bloke on a personal level, and I certainly can't be doing with the self righteous gloating and goading from a minority on here, but it's not worked and the fear is that any sacking will now come too late. 

I was away for much of December so could've been sooner but for me I had major doubts after the Reading home game and thought Fleetwood was a must-win to save his job. Having then witnessed the Fleetwood home game I'd have had no regrets waving goodbye then. Subsequently was surprised he wasn't fired after the Cardiff and then Forest games. How he didn't go the Monday after Forest game I'll never know, still amazed.

Archived