IGNORED

Passport Question

Markman

Found a little Villa for summer holiday in Spain - no problems but the owner is requiring a copy of my passport sent to them by email before arrival. Now - I am not that bothered but we hear so much about email and PC data fraud I asked if I could redact some of the info - but No - I am told Spanish Law requires a full copy to be sent now (after the Madrid Bombings) - I have to send I cannot have the Villa.

As I say - I am not that worried but would feel better if this was the norm - anyone else had this? 

2 hours ago, Markman said:

Found a little Villa for summer holiday in Spain - no problems but the owner is requiring a copy of my passport sent to them by email before arrival. Now - I am not that bothered but we hear so much about email and PC data fraud I asked if I could redact some of the info - but No - I am told Spanish Law requires a full copy to be sent now (after the Madrid Bombings) - I have to send I cannot have the Villa.

As I say - I am not that worried but would feel better if this was the norm - anyone else had this? 

Went to Italy last year and both hotels took (albeit as I checked in and not in advance) a copy of my passport.

yeah your aloud to travel freely throughout the EU - only if your travelling more than half of them you have to have and give your passport. Spanish friend who lived over here for a long time travelled, signed up for everything she needed to live here all using a her ID card, she left her Passport at home in Spain to keep it safe.

8 hours ago, Markman said:

Yes and it is the norm

Archived