IGNORED

Attendance v rovers

city1983

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Their sixth draw in a row.

Lee Johnson has as much chance of being picked for the Bristol Flyers as the Gas have of promotion.

Much better than 8 defeats in a row I guess.

For what it's worth, the 6 draws aren't as bad as 6 draws seem to be. Sheff Utd, Bradford, Bolton and Scunthorpe 4 of the teams all fighting for automatic promotion. If it wasn't for defensive errors against PV and Scunthorpe and for you taking Matty off our hands we would have won 4/6 IMO and currently be in the playoffs.

Don't think we'll get there this season, but comments from the big teams in this League since we've fixed the defence up indicate we're not too far from being a top team here ourselves.

Keep DC over summer and we can push on next season. Think you'll survive just about this season though, unfortunately.

You laugh about it, but relegation out of the league was quite possibly the best thing that happened to us.

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Their sixth draw in a row.

Lee Johnson has as much chance of being picked for the Bristol Flyers as the Gas have of promotion.

Yep, as I mentioned in work yesterday whatever happened to the bloke who scored the only goal the last time they won a game?

He's on our subs bench..

3 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Imagine the scenes when Johnson is still in charge and they beat us 0-3 at the gate.

I can see the press conference now "we will take the positives, we've turned a corner, that's what we are about..."

******* leave our club alone Johnson!

Who would you go after, the team bus or Rovers? Team bus for me.

Sold Out 25k my guess and chaos on the swing bridge and around hotwells.

I don't really care about this at the moment...I just don't want to think about playing that mob whilst being on an equal footing. Because despite the obvious differences between the clubs, the moment we are in the same division as them, we are equal....we are at the same level...we have the same status.

And all our jokes about their tents, their pathetic over-estimations of their support, their horrible anthem stolen from Argyle, Darrell's unprofessional antics, their claims about being the sixth richest club in England etc etc...they all won't matter and it will be embarrassing....we should be light years ahead of them, but we aren't, nowhere near.

And we'll have to accept their taunts and ecstasy....we'd do the same in their position...it's gonna be horrible. This season our two biggest games have been against Newcastle United, next season our two biggest games could be against a small club from Bristol...but for that season, they won't be smaller than us...

So sad...

16 minutes ago, cityironman said:

The fact that this match is even being talked about is truly tragic.

I'd feel fine about it if they came up to meet us (tbf they've done bloody well, and I can't think anyone sane would say they haven't), the fact we may well go down to meet them is horrendous though.  Still a chance we'll pass each other too, SL needs to wake the **** up. 

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

Imagine the scenes when Johnson is still in charge and they beat us 0-3 at the gate.

I can see the press conference now "we will take the positives, we've turned a corner, that's what we are about..."

******* leave our club alone Johnson!

Worse if we get relegated this season and they manage to a few wins and get to the playoffs - they have played mostly the top teams the last few weeks and still managed to nick points of them, they will probably get a few more wins playing lower/mid table teams. 

I can picture the scenes now - my eyes are already bleeding.............

But never mind because LJ will be able to say "we have found our identity"

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Worse if we get relegated this season and they manage to a few wins and get to the playoffs - they have played mostly the top teams the last few weeks and still managed to nick points of them, they will probably get a few more wins playing lower/mid table teams. 

I can picture the scenes now - my eyes are already bleeding.............

But never mind because LJ will be able to say "we have found our identity"

I really, really don't think we will be troubling the play offs. Having said that, it really was a magnificent performance last night, the sort City fans would give anything to see from your team at the moment. However, over the course of the season, I don't think we have looked like doing enough to go up, and if the truth be told, we would more than likely come flying back down. Taylor's goals had started to dry up before he left and it is extremely difficult to replace 25 goal a season strikers. Going ever so slightly off topic, Ellis Harrison divides support at our place, but I think you would have been better off signing him than Taylor. Taylor's scoring record with us suggests we got the best we could out of him, while Ellis continues to frustrate, however there is definitely a player in there somewhere, something you may well have been able to bring out.

6 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

25k, and it will be absolute carnage outside.  

Sadly the reason this fan won't be coming. The modern nastiness between the clubs'fans could lead to some very ugly scenes indeed. I should have loved to attend but am far too frightened at my age to risk being caught up in violence and the possibility of suffering injury.

Prefer to see City in the open end scaffolded stand at Gillingham. At least the opposing fans and stewards are friendly there

The two clubs were bound to cross swords in pursuit of league points again eventually. Not there yet but does anyone really believe we'd never see them again, even when they dropped out of the league? 

Look at how Southampton and Portsmouth's fortunes have waxed and waned over the past decade. Things can change relatively quickly. Bragging rights are always fleeting which is why you always milk them when you have the chance.

If they come up to the second tier we can relegate them just like we did last time.

If we go down one of their former players can come back to haunt them and help send them back to the basement just like we did last time.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Sadly the reason this fan won't be coming. The modern nastiness between the clubs'fans could lead to some very ugly scenes indeed. I should have loved to attend but am far too frightened at my age to risk being caught up in violence and the possibility of suffering injury.

Prefer to see City in the open end scaffolded stand at Gillingham. At least the opposing fans and stewards are friendly there

As ugly as it could get, I reckon you'd extremely unlucky to get caught up in anything unless you were looking for it.

Let the CSA and the GCHQ or whatever those laughable "hooligan" hardcases calll themselves dance around the pavement in their Stone Island rags safely behind police lines making a half-hearted attempt to get each other and the rest of us can enjoy the game.

I've attended countless derbies - including the '96 debacle and never once felt in danger. The pitch invasions have been unpleasant but the police quickly got it under control.

The last time(I think) they leap-flogged us to go higher in the league table.... phewww it was yonks ago..

I remember sitting on a number 6 bus to Kingswood (a little city dart 'fart-cart' as they called 'em) Some Gashead had photo copied and enlarged a newspaper league table and highlighted our positions with a tag line saying.....

...... 'Doncha Just Luv It  When That Happens!' ...... and taped it up behind the driver partition... must admit I grudgingly admired the Gas humour, while feeling utterly sick at the same time.

Please Mr Lansdown don't let it happen again, once in a lifetime is more than enough for a shithead to take.. thank you.

6 hours ago, RumRed said:

I'd feel fine about it if they came up to meet us (tbf they've done bloody well, and I can't think anyone sane would say they haven't), the fact we may well go down to meet them is horrendous though.  Still a chance we'll pass each other too, SL needs to wake the **** up. 

This is exactly where I am with it-local derby in the Championship??..bring it on....league one?..makes me feel sick.

And that effing dustbin thread is getting on my nerves now,constant piss taking when were on the verge of parity is an embarrassment.its not just SL that needs to open his eyes to the dreadful reality.

14 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

This is exactly where I am with it-local derby in the Championship??..bring it on....league one?..makes me feel sick.

And that effing dustbin thread is getting on my nerves now,constant piss taking when were on the verge of parity is an embarrassment.its not just SL that needs to open his eyes to the dreadful reality.

I've taken the mick in the past but considering everything there's only one football team in Bristol that's doing well considering their resources and the other is squandering theirs. Makes me feel sick.

27 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I've taken the mick in the past but considering everything there's only one football team in Bristol that's doing well considering their resources and the other is squandering theirs. Makes me feel sick.

Yep, they've done very well really since their relegation. Darrell Clarke is a good manager. I think L1 is their level whilst they're at the Mem. We simply can't let them overtake us though, was bad enough when Yeovil were in the Championship and we were in League 1!

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep, they've done very well really since their relegation. Darrell Clarke is a good manager. I think L1 is their level whilst they're at the Mem. We simply can't let them overtake us though, was bad enough when Yeovil were in the Championship and we were in League 1!

I feel no ill feeling against the Rovers at all, I might have laughed a bit when they went non league and I do take the mick out of the tents but if you look at the league positions you do have to wonder what's the point?

That Rovers thread could be very embarrassing very soon.

And yes some of my comments on that thread might come back to haunt me .

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, as I mentioned in work yesterday whatever happened to the bloke who scored the only goal the last time they won a game?

He's on our subs bench..

Really? What the hell is Billy Bodin doing on your bench!? I hope DC fines him for moonlighting! ;-) 

21 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

3 years ago conference. All they spent money on is some tents and sprinklers . We have ripped the shit out of them relentlessly and rightly so . Now there is probably a very good chance we could be playing those ***** next season. All the shit they give us is deserved. It's embarrassing. As for the attendance. Sell out :gaah:

Half of thier fans have never seen them play us would be like xmas day for them

Archived