IGNORED

Bye bye Orient?

22A

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

I remember that, about 1971 or maybe 1972.

I think it was the 4th or 5th goal Trevor Tainton crossed field and John Galley met it on the volley from 25 yards and it flew into the top corner at the Open End.

October 1971, if I remember correctly, my first city match!

i was only 8, Dad had been dragging me to Eastville for a couple of matches and I hated it. My Aunty Deb then took me down the gate, dragged me in the old east end and I was hooked.

1 hour ago, bristolmoose said:

He's now just the honorary president, whatever that means. He sold them to yet another mental foreign owner.

Maybe he should buy them back. He's only worth £180m after all.

Plus he took profits out the club when he owned it, after buying it for a fiver.

Doesn't sound a very honourable honorary president....

Another club run into the ground by an absolute s*** of an owner. I suppose we can at least be thankful that SL for all his faults - and he has many - isn't of the same ilk as the owner of Orient, Forest, Leeds or the odious Oystons.

Its still far too easy though for individuals to get their hands on clubs who a) Know nothing about football and b) Treat the club as a golden goose and that nothing could go wrong.

24 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Maybe he should buy them back. He's only worth £180m after all.

Plus he took profits out the club when he owned it, after buying it for a fiver.

Doesn't sound a very honourable honorary president....

“As a fan, I would like to look at the fans trust’s proposals and think how I can help, but I wouldn’t be involved in anything.” 
But Hearn’s philanthropy may not extend to waiving Orient’s rent, with the 68-year-old claiming his hands could be tied after he transferred the ownership of Brisbane Road to a trustee-administered pension fund at the end of last year. 

So that's a No then.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/01/selling-leyton-orient-absolute-disaster-barry-hearn-launches/

10 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Anyone else on the coach to Orient that arrived at half time, via White Hart Lane.....? must've been 25 years ago now. 

Yep...though I think it was West Ham, following Man Utd fans (well the coach had a load of blokes wearing red scarves, was the excuse!).  Got there after our only goal of the game if I recall correctly.

During one of my year's at Uni in London (Season 13/14), they gave out free season tickets, so I got one and ended up watching them a lot that season. They won something like their first 10 games of the season in League One and got to the play-off final. Lost to Rotherham on pens and then Barry Hearn sold up. All been down hill from then. Since Barry Hearn left, they're stuck with some Italian who wants to do this, that and the other and they've gone through more managers than we have.

Shows what can happen when an owner who has the club at heart sells up.

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Oh, no, I know it was Orient.... I meant I think it was West Ham that we ended up rocking up at, not Tottingham. 

West Ham wouldn't have been at home to Man U on the same day Orient were at home, they are just too close together...and being the saddo I am, I just googled it and Spurs were indeed at home to Man Utd on the same day we drew 1-1 at Orient in 1990

16 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Real shame. I seem to recall they were pushing for promotion from League One only 2-3 years ago.

Yep they were flying in 13/14 when we went there in February, we were in the relegation zone and teams above us had games in hands.

One of those "we have absolutely no chance of getting anything from this" types of games.

Lo and behold 1-0 up in 3 minutes and went on to win 3-1

Seem to remember the guy in one of the flats getting A LOT of stick

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 20:50, 22A said:

Leyton Orient have now been issued with a winding up order for March 20th as they owe £5 million.

Says everything really that today, March 6th, Chelsea have been given approval to spend £500 million doing up Stamford Bridge. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, 22A said:

Says everything really that today, March 6th, Chelsea have been given approval to spend £500 million doing up Stamford Bridge. :facepalm:

Don't really see the comparison.

Orient appear to have a poor owner and owe a fortune in outstanding tax liabilities, Chelsea are turning over hundreds of millions a year and are back by a multi billionaire, and as far as we know, their tax affairs are up to date.

16 minutes ago, 22A said:

chelsea have the money to back it up, orient have been sold to another foreign owner who doesn't have the clubs best interests at heart

Archived