IGNORED

Preparing for league one

ciderbeans

Given the circumstances, it is t unrealistic to suggest we could be relegated as they still haven't worked out our problems and found an answer despite being so late on in the season.

With league one being a real possibility, it's worth looking into how we will look team wise should it come to it. Regarding players leaving, I see the following being moved on:

tomlin, O'Neil, Flint, Bryan, pack, cotterill, geifer, fielding, Paterson and one of wright or magnussen.

The squad based on what we currently have, could look like:

gk's - O'Leary, lucic

df's - vyner, moore, wright or magnussen, plavotic, golbourne, Kelly

mf's - Reid, smith, hegeler, o'dowda, Jonny smith, Andrews 

fw's - djuric, Taylor, engvall, McCoulsky, wilbraham (player/coach)

i may have missed a couple of names out but I can see it being a very young but promising squad in which we will require additions such as a right winger who can cross. Management and coaches will hopefully have been changed and then need to move on the above players would be due to balancing the books in all honesty and that most would move on as they would feel league one is a step down. I think hegeler and djuric would stay as they have just signed and would offer some experience and quality. A couple above have been promoted from u-23's due to experience gained out on loan and obvious qualities they could offer.

relegation would be catastrophic regarding our progression and it means we would have to reset again using youth etc but it seems a real possibility right now.

i just wanted people's thought on this scenario and whether you think that the potential squad I have listed could compete in league one.

8 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Given the circumstances, it is t unrealistic to suggest we could be relegated as they still haven't worked out our problems and found an answer despite being so late on in the season.

With league one being a real possibility, it's worth looking into how we will look team wise should it come to it. Regarding players leaving, I see the following being moved on:

tomlin, O'Neil, Flint, Bryan, pack, cotterill, geifer, fielding, Paterson and one of wright or magnussen.

gk's - O'Leary, lucic

i may have missed a couple of names out but I can see it being a very young but promising squad in which we will require additions such as a right winger who can cross. Management and coaches will hopefully have been changed and then need to move on the above players would be due to balancing the books in all honesty and that most would move on as they would feel league one is a step down. I think hegeler and djuric would stay as they have just signed and would offer some experience and quality. A couple above have been promoted from u-23's due to experience gained out on loan and obvious qualities they could offer.

relegation would be catastrophic regarding our progression and it means we would have to reset again using youth etc but it seems a real possibility right now.

i just wanted people's thought on this scenario and whether you think that the potential squad I have listed could compete in league one.

Personally i think 

leaving: 

Tomlin, O'Niel, Mags, Hegeler, Wright, Flint, Pack, Korey smith (maybe), Djuric, And all the loans of course 

Team:

Gk- fielding/Lucic

Defence:

Little, Moore, Vyner, Bryan, Golbourne, Plavotic, Kelly

Midfield:

Reid, COD, Jonny smith, Korey (maybe) and Patterson (maybe) 

Need to sign players here as most of them will be moving on 

Forwards: 

Engvall (maybe if he wants to stay ), Taylor, Wilbs (if not retired), McCoulsky

4 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I thought Mark Little was told he was going in the summer?

Di Girolamo (sp) would have a big part to play as well IMO.

I just thought Mark Little might stay as he's a good lg1 player

Ah knew I forgot a forward to add back, true Diego would be in the starting 11 I believe.

I forgot about Diego who could be a good addition in league one. Little will go which would push progress of vyner and moore although little could provide added experience in league one. Flint is likely to be on a good contract and another championship club would see him as a good addition so I can see him being sold

2 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Hoping for Exeter, Newport, Plymouth and Yeovil to all be promoted. They have as much chance as we have of staying in the Championship

Exeter are only just down the road from me and are a good little club owned my the fans ...... but I just cant do it ..Jesus 

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

gk's - O'Leary, lucic

If we get relegated very few of the current squad will remain.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Housework it is then. :ph34r:

just for you. football no matter what, if the very worst happens and drop out the league structure like the gappers I will google how to punch a horse and run like a coward and maybe prowed of it .

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

gk's - O'Leary, lucic

That doesn't make it seem that bad to be honest. Would be happy with that being the core of the squad if the seemingly more likely does happen.

23 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

That doesn't make it seem that bad to be honest. Would be happy with that being the core of the squad if the seemingly more likely does happen.

And I'm sure LJ will get us out of L1 as well.  Welcome L2!  

Archived